Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply MW2 Online Boosting & Modding
Modding your Gamertag with a usb

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii M u D K ii P zz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:26 pm
Haven't we all been in a game wheres theres a guy with buttons on his name or a colored name.Wanted to know how the F*** did he do that.Well now you'll know thanks to Microsoft's stupidity with the new update.

First of all lets start with saving your profile on your usb.This the easiest part i presume simply go to memory via system settings once your in memory find gamer profiles with the GT you want to mod.Once you locate this make sure your usb is plugged in.Okay so now we have located the GT now click on it and move it to the usb after a few seconds this should be over turn off your xbox and take out your usb.

This is where the hard part begins open up USBxplorer(download link will be below) now select file then open device in the top left hand corner of the window.

If done correctly you should find two categories (content at the top and something else below content)
Now double click content you should see another category with a long combination of letters and numbers double click that and so on all the way till the end(avoid double clicking the period below the categories its basically a back button)if done right you should see a file that if you double click will go no further and will begin with 'E' extract this to the desktop.

Now open up modio drag the extracted file to it.This should come up with your gamer tag,gamer picture meaning this is the file for your gamer tag what you probably want to do is minimise modio for now.

Now open EzGT this is pretty straight forward open your GT file you extracted earlier via the open button in the top left hand corner.Now the name of your gamertag in the text box should come up delete and write away there are button symbols to add color's to add to the text.Once your satisfied save your file.

Now the file you saved should be a folder with the same name as the file for your GT.Open this folder and keep opening the folder within it till you get to the Modded GT file(should pretty much be white and look the same as the file extracted last time).

Now open modio which you had kept minimized i presume.Drag the new file you found in the folder click the rehash and resign button and the same for the other extracted file we opened in modio in the beginning.

This is the last part but trickiest.Open USBexplorer in the same manner this time only open content then stop.Now click inject folder.Now it should come up with a prompt asking you to pick a folder select the Modded GT folder we made.Once this is finished safely remove your USB save your profile back onto your hard drive(you should also notice theres another account on your USB this is the modded GT also move this to your hard drive.

Now lolz at everyone with your 1337 GT.Also NEVER sign in on the modded GT always play on your normal account your name will be modded as long as this modded account exists.

Download links:

Modio:
http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php

EZGT:
http://www.filefront.com/15418937/Ez---GT-2.1.zip/

USBxplorer:
http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

I know its long but definetly worth the wait i mean i enter every game with my GT as jesus in all gold and everyone ish like :O  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:30 pm
If this seems a wee bit confusing i will post some screenshots for each step soon  

ii M u D K ii P zz

sasuke ouo

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

===========

I've seen this on MW2, and I wondered how he did it.
But, I'm too lazy to read all of that. :C

===========

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 pm
colored gamertags are ok.
can you get banned for modding your gt?

I absolutely HATE the button names. so ******** dumb, it totally takes over your screen when you're killing someone.. and the enemy get a kill, and it pops up in the corner.  

Disturb The Universe

ii M u D K ii P zz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 am
No you cant get banned since your not actually modifying your xbox like J-tags.

And yeah button names are pretty annoying.

But some are hilarious like changing your gt to zzgrizz xD

the amount of fr you get ._.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 pm
i have modded my gamertag a few times and the EZGT thing only gives you a few choices in colors. My current modded GT is "I<3Austen" if you use "^0" before the word you want to color, that turns it black, i havent experimented with any other numbers, and im not sure if you can use something like "^13" for a color, but if anyone needs help with this, i would be glad to.

and if anyone wants to 1v1 me just send me a PM.  

Thaelien

MW2 Online Boosting & Modding

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff