Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Clash of the Titans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this review helpful?
  Absolutely
  Not even close
  I'll never say! *Slides into black hole*
  *Flies in on Pegasus yoinks gold and flies out*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:48 am
Okay I saw "Clash of the Titans" not to long ago with a friend of mine. I am also one who loved the old original version of this movie so who knows I maybe a bit bias we'll see...

This movie for a first timer is probably a descent movie, very action adventure type with some drama and wonderful graphics. They...for the most part stick with the original story but take some liberties in some areas.

The graphics were wonderful someone actually took their time and did the Kraken justice as well as Medusa. They really took the time in making them appear realistic and plausible very nice! The Pegasus was a nice breed of horse but eh...when I think Pegasus I think of something more elegant and graceful not something so hefty as this breed is, and the color was off too.

There were many things taken out that were part of the old story like Athena's involvement and some of the other things. Not to mention they made Zeus the merciful nice guy which is all wrong there. Zeus is about as merciful and nice as fire imp on a bad day. Not to mention...to my knowledge the Kraken did not come from Hades but Poseidon but I could be wrong.

My opinion though not all that. It's good for the entertainment and enjoyment value but that's about it. If you're a "Clash of the Titan's" fan from the old version I would go early in the morning to catch it for 5 bucks and then never see it again.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm
I'm not a big fan of remakes in the first place, so I probably won't see that until it shows up on cable or something. But it's good to know that it's not worth any additional effort. That thing about Zeus is pretty bad. Couldn't they even get the characters right? *flails*  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm
I know seriously right!? However, the detail they spent on Medusa and the Kraken were awesome. I will totally admit that especially with Medusa and her movements and her look and facial expressions and everything they really did good with her.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:03 pm
CGI is getting so good. 3nodding Beowulf is worth watching just to see the advances they've made.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Really? Hm...now that's interesting. I'll have to rent that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm
It's a pity that while CGI becomes amazing, almost everything else in Hollywood movies takes a dive.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 pm
*nods* This is true. However, it isn't that bad of a movie just not worth going to the theater for if you ask me. Maybe if you pick it up in a bargain bin or rent it but not worth paying the ton of money or dealing with crowds to go to the theater to see this one.  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games