Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Good Strategies and Suggested Weapons For All Maps

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX_Narsik Kararusa_Xx

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 pm
As it say's, place a good strategy and a good perk/weapon class that is useful for any map under going any situation

Map: Wasteland

Weapon: M4 or ACR

Perks: Bling pro, Stopping power pro, Any

Attachments primary: thermal, grenade launcher aka noobtube
secondary: M1014
attachments: grip or FMJ, extended mags
equipment: claymores, blast shield
special grenade:smoke

Everyone knows wasteland for it's bunker where all the battle is, if the enemy spawns within the area use the launcher, if you are out pop a smoke outside and use the thermal to shoot all the enemies you see, they can't see you because of the smoke you put up, it's kinda bad if your team doesn't have thermal though... If you are inside do the same thing and face the direction the enemy is thying to push through, and use the M1014 if your out  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm
INVASION

User Image
(Click picture for large look)

Equipment:
Primary: Submachine Gun, preferably UMP45
Attachments: Rapid Fire, Red Dot Sight
Camo: Desert
Perks:
1. Scavenger Pro
2. Stopping Power Pro
3. Commando Pro
Killstreaks:
Predator:Harrier:AC130
Nuke Killstreaks:
Harrier:AC130:Nuke

Invasion is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 set in Afghanistan and based off of the second campaign mission. It's similar to the map Crash in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, featuring many elevated positions, close range fighting, and cover. Invasion is actually based off the area that Pelayo crashes in Shock and Awe in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. On the eastern side of the map, the street is exactly the one same as the one that Jackson walked down to retrieve Pelayo from the helicopter.
This is an excellent map for car bombing other players, as C4 can be hidden under the many Humvees on the bridge and in the city. There are a total of nine Humvees but only seven can be blown up as the two near the left side of the base are invincible. On Search and Destroy gamemodes players can immediately shoot at the enemy spawn with grenade launchers. This is especially devastating on hardcore.

-Invasion combines hectic close combat and precision sniping in one map. This is one of the more predictable maps and predictability is key to winning here. Although assault rifles are common, submachine guns work as well in the alleyways. SMGs like the UMP45, MP5K and Vector are common and effective on this map.
-The inner side of the map has two great sniping spots that overlook the alleyway in front of the bar and bookstore and the street. Both towers have two ways in, check both ways often to ensure nobody attempts to sneak behind you.
-The embassy at the back of the map is rarely used in online play making it excellent for sniping people in the courtyard. This is also a nice place to call in airdrops, although the rarely traversed Humvees nearby work even better.
-The blue destroyed building has an alternate vantage point from that of the balcony building, thus allowing it to take potshots on the video store, cover the balcony or even camp A flag.
-It can be hard to maintain control of the center and alleyways, due to so many doors, it is very easy to get flanked and ambushed.
-Sniping can be one of the players greatest advantages, or their greatest foe, make sure that a Sniper works for you or another -player has your back.
-The bookstore has many campers, particularly behind the shelves and the dead end in the back. Angle a semtex so it sails into their hiding spots and flushes them out. Also rushing also works well.
-At the OpFor spawn, there is a ladder onto a building, this is a great place to operate an AC130 or Predator Missile.
Riot Shielders can get a lot of attention when pushing forward. Since most people focus on the shield, teammates can easily flank the distracted players.
-There are many depressions especially on the ocean side, lying down can save you from an attacker, but you will be easily killed by a well placed grenade.
-A well thrown grenade can flush out potential ambushes in the tight areas in the buildings.
-The buildings on this map are numerous and typically only have two ways in or out, this would allow for easy target loss by moving quickly between the buildings.
-The counters in the bar and bookstore can conceal someone crouching. Easy stealth tactic right there.

ll B r i g h t ll

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Wow, Bright, must have been a lot of work copy-and-pasting that from the Modern Warfare Wiki. rolleyes

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Invasion  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:36 pm
ArmasTermin
Wow, Bright, must have been a lot of work copy-and-pasting that from the Modern Warfare Wiki. rolleyes

I know right xD i was just making sure people could read it biggrin for those who didnt know about it xD  

ll B r i g h t ll

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 am
ArmasTermin

And yet there are people that still dont know about wiki!!
I had to show a friend it last week so he could see all the call signs and s**t.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:30 pm
I like to have those map overviews up as i play, comes in handy when playing things like demolition as you can use them to find places where you can aim towards there spawn and both targets ect.  

fear3x3range

Kinky Walrus

Ruthless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm
A good plan for all maps? If you ever played with me, my plan always works out. And the best part about my plan it's so simple. I'm always on the move. I never stand still. UAV can't keep me in a certain position. Every map I'm running for my life, popping everyone who gets in my way. The only time I'll be standing still is when I have a sniper rifle. Even then I move alot.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 pm
ll B r i g h t ll
ArmasTermin

I know right xD i was just making sure people could read it biggrin for those who didnt know about it xD
good choice and a smart one toooooooooo biggrin  

Rsk8ter

Rsk8ter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:09 pm
ArmasTermin

hey thats wat he does because he is smart  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:42 pm
use a gun your comfortable with, i love my f2000 so i use it in every match i play, my secondary is m1014 or a raffica. my perks include scavenger pro, stopping power pro, and i use either steady aim or sitrep.  

unlikegregory_0

SharkmanX

0 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm
intervention eny map  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash