Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writer's Club House

Back to Guilds

Love to write short stories? How about write poetry or even RP with a few people? This guild may be right for you! 

Tags: Writing, Literature, Roleplaying, Poetry, Short Stories 

Reply The Main Room
Moderators & Teachers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deceived Truth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 pm
Would you like to be a moderator or teacher for The Writer's Club House? If yes, please the read the requirements listed below, choose a position that is available, and then apply.

Requirements that you must meet in order to become a moderator / teacher:

● Have at least 3O post counts in the guild

● Have posted at least 2 poems / stories to read.

● Have your profile & PMs set to public (or at least to friendlist)

● Have at least invited 2 friends to the guild and at least have 1 of them join the guild ( POST in the Invite User thread AND you get gold if they join! )

● Must be familiar with all the of the Guild Rules and the sub-forum rule you want to moderate in.

● Communicate and Respect the other person moderating in the same sub-forum as you.

● Help with events that The WCH will host.

Positions available

Moderators
● The Author's Room : 2 Moderators
● The Poetry Cafe
● The Fanfic's Corner : 2 Moderators
● The Lobby : 3 Moderators
● The Costume Shop : 2 Moderators
● The Backyard : 3 Moderators
● The Lounge : 3 Moderators (Opening Soon)

Teachers
● Grammar & Punctuation
● Weekly Prompts
● Daily Vocabulary
● Critiques & Reviews
● Role playing

After you have completed the requirements and you have a set position in mind fill in the application below AND post it in this thread. DO NOT PM IT TO DECEIVE TRUTH OR ELSE IT WILL BE RESCINDED. I can not guarantee that all of those who applied will actually receive the position they applied for. If you are hired, you will be promoted to crew.

For Moderators
[size=11][bi]Username:[/bi]
[b]Guild Post Count:[/bi]
[bii]]Position:[/ii]b]
[ii]b]Do you have experience in running threads or guilds?:[/b] (Links preferred)
[b]Why should you be hired as a moderator?[/b] (Minimum 1 Paragraph)
[b]Additional Information:[/b] [/size]

For Teachers
[size=11]Username:[/b]
[b]Guild Post Count:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Do you have the patience to work with others?[/b] (Be completely honest!)
[b]Why should you be hired as a teacher?[/b] (Minimum 1 Paragraph)
[b]Additional Information:[/b][/size]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:16 pm
Username: simperson
Guild Post Count: 30
Position: Poetry Cafe Moderator :]
Do you have experience in running threads or guilds?: Yes, it's currently under construction! :] Click!
Why should you be hired as a moderator? Well, I really like this guid first off. It gives us writers a place to relax and be ourselves. I've been writing for eight years, and I've always been told what I need to write. Here, I'm free to write what I want to write about. Also, I think I meet all of the requirments listed above. In the Poetry Cafe, I try my best to critique poems as honestly but nicely as possible. So far, I feel everyone is in my friend in this guild; and if I have any enemies then I don't know about it. Poetry is something that comes naturally to me, and helping everyone find their inner poet would be a great honor for me to have! mrgreen
Additional Information: I'm on almost everyday!

daddylatrell
Crew

O.G. Noob

clm640
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 pm
Username: clm640
Guild Post Count: 33
Position: A Moderator in the Poetry Cafe
Do you have experience in running threads or guilds?: Yes I do. You have already joined my guild, (Which is dead now but was very much alive), several quest threads, threads in this guild, a charity and many roleplays. Visit the guild for a link.
Why should you be hired as a moderator? I think I should be hired because, first of all, I really like this guild and I want a reason for me to keep coming back. If I don't have a reason I'll just completely forget. Secondly, I would love the opportunity to help people with their writing, which in turn would help improve mine and I always have room for improvement. Finally, I think that the people in this guild are nice, friendly, and are always willing to help. I want to help to make this guild nicer, friendlier, and more willing to help, but in order to do this, I would need to have more authority. Thanks for your time! heart
Additional Information: I meet every requirement up above, except for the inviting a friend part. I have tried very hard, but none of my friends are interested in the guild. I understand if you feel that because I'm not completely qualified, that I don't deserve this but please still consider me. Also, I'm on Gaia once to twice a day and I am very easy to reach.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm
Username: Acoustic Chick2

Guild Post Count: 31

Position: Daily Vocabulary

Do you have the patience to work with others? I like to think so! I have experience tutoring and such.

Why should you be hired as a teacher? Because I feel that everyone should have a wide vocabulary. We have a brain to articulate complete and unique thoughts, so we must use it!

Additional Information:I would post a new word every day and give a definition and perhaps a brief history and example of use in a sentence. Please consider! The second I saw that Daily Vocabulary was a teacher position I got really excited!

I have posted two fanfics and invited two Gaia friends to join. Victorious Defeat and Slight Pulse. The latter joined and has posted some of her poetry, I believe.

Cognitive Atrophy

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Enchanted Seduction

OG Gaian

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:17 pm
Username: 9119BRE
Guild Post Count: 30
Position: Critiques & Reviews
Do you have the patience to work with others? As long as they don't get really mad at me when I critique. It's just my opinion, and shouldn't be taken personally.
Why should you be hired as a teacher? Well, aside from the fact that all my friends call me the Grammar Nazi because I can't stand bad grammar, I really like to help improve people's writing. My English teacher consistently gives me perfect scores for grammar and idea. I'm not sure why, but I'm not too good at writing, but I am an amazing editor for other people's works. I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements. Plus, this is an awesome guild! biggrin
Additional Information:
Hmmm, potatoes! I'm on gaia like everyday, so I will be on here a lot, so i might as well make myself useful(:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 pm
Username: Priestess of Sekhmet
Guild Post Count: 10. I know this is less than required, and I'm fairly new, but I have a passion for this guild. I think it's better that I have ten posts that mean something than 30 that are worthless drivel.
Position: Weekly Prompts.
Do you have the patience to work with others? Yes. I can get snappy and mean when people disrespect me, but I do have manners. I love people, I do, but I do get frustrated easily.
Why should you be hired as a teacher?
I love to write. Honestly. I want to be a novelist, it's something I'm very, very passionate about. Unfortunately, I suck at completing things. I've got at least 100 half-finished stories on my hard drive. Which is why I'd love to give out weekly prompts. To see my ideas fulfilled in different ways seem amazingly cool to me. And that I could write a prompt that would move people to create.
I'm pretty good with grammar and spelling (thank God for spell-check!) as is, and I'm pretty...ahem...quirky. I think I can bring spunk and motivation to the team. I'm also very active and on Gaia as much as three hours a day, so I can be here all the time!

Additional Information: I liek mudkipz.

Priestess of Sekhmet

The Main Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces