Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
love???o.O Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ter_squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:31 am
sigh...this is everything going on in my life...im in serious need of advice here...
so one of my best friends says she's in love with me...like MADLY in love...and right now im in a relationship with her (just online cuz she's unhealthy) and well, idk how to say this without sounding immoral, but it was the only thing i knew to do...i came to be in a relationship with her simply becuz she was literally trying to slice her throat at midnight, and telling me this online as it was happening...begging me for one thing, the only thing that could keep her alive...my love....which i didn't rlly feel anything for her, but i couldn't just let her go suicide like that, she's too good of a friend to me for me to just let her go like that...that's y i agreed to be in a relationship with her...ik it prolly wasn't the right thing to do, or was it? idk...all ik is i saved her from suicide, but at the same time, crap keeps happening in her life that drives her towards suicide again, even though she doesn't want to die, she just can't handle the pain that goes on...and she told me this bluntly...if i ever broke up with her...she would suicide in a heartbeat....she says what she feels for me is definately love, and that there is no chance it is not...but i dont feel anythign more than friendship for her...and i just dont feel anythign comparable to this for her...but that could simply be becuz of psychological damage caused by so much apathy and depression over the last year or two...but now im happy and i like someone else, who likes me back, but they have a different girlfriend...idk wtf i should do anymore...im stuck in this situation until something changes...and waiting for that is slowly drawing me towards those days of apathy and depression again...i dont want to go back to that...i need advice!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 pm
stare You need to slap some sense into her. I've dealt with many suicidal people like that, and the best way that you assure they NEVER try suicide again is by being tough on them.

Tell her any of the following:

1. "If you really love me, don't try that shít called suicide again! I just don't feel anything for you now, but if I do sometime, and you're dead, well, you can't go back."

2. "You only crave for attention or something saying nonsense about suicide to me. Truth is, people hate retarded people who try suicide, so you'll be loved for who you are and for being a happy person. If you're a happy person, things around you will be better."

3. You make it up

Ambrosia has spoken!  

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

ter_squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm
well, i've tried option one in my own words...but she just told me that i gave her a reason to suicide...and she was ready to suicide again...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:31 pm
any other advice, or words of wisdom? i dont mean to beg or anything, but to me, this is a desperate situation....-.-  

ter_squirrel

FoxSwap

Romantic Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm
Here, I had thoes types of girls before. Tell her if she really, truely, TRUELY, love you, tell her to quit the s**t and be happy. If she not happy, then trened her, tell her that your going to break up because if she don't stop it, and the last thing is. It is online, she might be lieing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 pm
hmmm....maybe...and trust me, ik her in real life..she's NOT lying....but it's possible to be exaggerating...thnx for the advice! =)  

ter_squirrel

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:09 pm
XSK Ambrosia
stare You need to slap some sense into her. I've dealt with many suicidal people like that, and the best way that you assure they NEVER try suicide again is by being tough on them.

Tell her any of the following:

1. "If you really love me, don't try that shít called suicide again! I just don't feel anything for you now, but if I do sometime, and you're dead, well, you can't go back."

2. "You only crave for attention or something saying nonsense about suicide to me. Truth is, people hate retarded people who try suicide, so you'll be loved for who you are and for being a happy person. If you're a happy person, things around you will be better."

3. You make it up

yoh ambrosia with all of these advice giving and stuff

the guild should have like this advice sub forum
were theres a problem and we give feed back
Ambrosia has spoken!

yoh ambrosia with all of these advice giving and stuff

the guild should have like this advice sub forum
were theres a problem and we give feed back  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 pm
oh this might help idk
though its weird that she is practically keeping u against ur will into this......saying that shell kill herself unless u stay,now that aint love in my book.if she had relationships before then maybe
but if tis one of her few,then well she might have grown needy or clingy i guess and more dependent towards u,which all is pretty much some what just life crisis were someone would feel that there first "love" is there only love,u no the common thing we tend to have some time.....blah oaky to the advice

so maybe u coooouuld find something to occupy her
when my friends are in a boy friend and gf situation like that with a strange situation
well this girl was clingy,sooo i kinda found her a group of friends really i mean a lot
she had buddies to comfort her,she wasnt totally going towards the dude
then she broke up with him........instead of the other way around and next that jack a** i called a "friend"
was in a bad mood for the total month
making us here him cry and say that he was done with chick....

well that may work
or not
worth a shot,try being in that group of friends  

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm
I've had boyfriends and girlfriends like that before. Trust me you're not doing anyone a favor by being with her, not even yourself. If she's crazy well the two of you are dating, imagine who she'll react when break up?

Not to scare you but your friend needs help. Real help not the kind a relationship can fix. Until she gets it, she won't be able to date anyone.

I say you should talk to her, encourage her to get help. If she refuses and tries to pull the suicidal thing again tell her won't be her friend anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm
well if u do all of that soo roughly that wouldnt be much help

i ssay try making life more comfortable well her life

not to sudden,but bring in one small thing at a time to make a final impact  

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ter_squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm
okay...well...i basically told her that becuz she was so depressed i was breaking up with her...well, it turns out that day she had apparently gotten over the depression to be with me....then she completely blew off the whole breaking up part of the discussion cuz i was too tired to think straight when the issue came up.... plus, she said she wasn't acting like her normal self becuz she was depressed....well, today another issue came up...the guy i like was telling ppl that we were in a relationship, just to see what ppl would say, and i never said anything for(even though i wanted to) or against it....now she's saying i have to choose, or she WILL suicide tonight...and she's planning on it...i'm trying to tell her that everytime she says "this is the real me, this is the real me, this is the real me..." and then gives an excuse y it wasn't the real her...im getting so pissed at her right now as we're discussing this online...and i suggested help, but she refused...and she said that she's already planning suicide again tonight becuz of all this....then the conversation went further and she said she was never rlly going to suicide and through a very intense and very angry conversation with her....she said that she never was going to go suicide and that she just says stuff cuz she gets overemotional sometimes...idk if i should rlly believe her or not...but i told her i trusted her for now, and that this was her absolute last warning, if she ever betrays my trust again then i would never forgive her....as for my relationship status....that has yet to be determined.....thnku all for all ur help...i hope i used ur advice well, and i didn't make the wrong decision by doing this....anything else u'd like to say?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm
wat is love,baby don't hurt me  

-l- ThePerishedSaint -l-

Celeste_Nightshade

Vicious Bloodsucker

4,250 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Well to tell the truth...if she doesn't want to listen to you, tell her, I can't deal with this stress. If you did love me, you wouldn't tell me these things, and I would be enough to keep you on this earth. If I am not, then go ahead and do it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Ok to be honest I have been where she was myself. I know what shes feeling and let me tell you, its for attention and to keep you.
If she has to say "Im gonna commit suicide tonight if you dont choose" then she doesnt love you. Because if someone loves you theyd let you go even if it made them misserable.
And if she has to more or less 'bribe' you with her life it is NOT love from her.
Her vision is clouded and she doesnt see another way to keep you. I honestly believe that she is afraid of loosing you as a friend so she told herself that the love she has is relationship love not friendship love.
If I'm right on this then you need to let her know that no matter what youll be there for her regardless of who your with or what happens. That youll always be her friend, but that what you feel is not love but best friendship.
I hope this helps you. I feel your frustration with the delima

LLawliet17

ter_squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm
LLawliet17
Ok to be honest I have been where she was myself. I know what shes feeling and let me tell you, its for attention and to keep you.
If she has to say "Im gonna commit suicide tonight if you dont choose" then she doesnt love you. Because if someone loves you theyd let you go even if it made them misserable.
And if she has to more or less 'bribe' you with her life it is NOT love from her.
Her vision is clouded and she doesnt see another way to keep you. I honestly believe that she is afraid of loosing you as a friend so she told herself that the love she has is relationship love not friendship love.
If I'm right on this then you need to let her know that no matter what youll be there for her regardless of who your with or what happens. That youll always be her friend, but that what you feel is not love but best friendship.
I hope this helps you. I feel your frustration with the delima

thanku! i have been thinking that she was doing this just for attention for awhile now, but i didn't want to seem like a B**** and say it...but at least soemone agrees with me....and after i stressed the fact that she can NOT threaten suicide unless she knows for a fact that she WILL do it, she stopped threatening suicide, but that doesn't change the fact that she thinks about it....but anyways, i stood my ground and told her that she either had to wait and see where things take us, or she would be left with nothing, i told her i didn't want our friendship to break off, and i didn't want her to go suicide and what not...the decision is hers now....she has to decide whether she can handle just being friends, or break it off completely and give up on love.....and as of now she is depressed, and talking to a relative who is a therapist...so hopefully she can think things through....  
City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff