So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Mafia: Sign-Up/General Discussion Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have experience with Mafia games outside of here?
  I have successfully mod previous games before
  I am currently modding a game outside of here
  I have experience with Mafia games, but have yet to mod one
  I just got started
  No, but I am interested
  No and I do not care
View Results

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:24 pm
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rules
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Commonly_used_abbreviations

Sign-Ups:
Giant Entertainment Mafia:
1. Kuzodav

Read these, they can help you understand how to play Mafia if my method of explaining below doesn't help.

Hey guys, what's up, this is MarioLuigi1983 here and it's time to introduce an epic game here. This epic game is called Mafia. Now some of you may be wondering "Well, what is Mafia?". I'll explain.

Signing up and modding: Now unlike most forum games, you have to sign-up for a particular game. To do so, do the /in command. Now I won't be strict on this, but if you don't use it, I'm not guaranteeing you that you'll be in. I could accidentally skip you and you won't be in the Mafia game. Only doing an /in command should you rest assure that you will be in.

I will need an more experience player to host other Mafia games here, since I am really interested in playing some here. Now granted, I do have some skills with it, but I've only started last month. If you want to apply as another person to host Mafia game, please PM me about it. Make sure to give me proof of your skills. If you can prove that you are experienced at the game, you are a candidate to get in. From there, everyone has a week to send me PM's regarding wanting to be the 2nd mod. The one who is the most experienced and who I think suits best with players here will be the 2nd mod.

However, for awhile, no one else may host Mafia games, since I don't want newbies hosting a Mafia game them self when I clearly know that they have no experience with Mafia games. However, as we gain more members who play Mafia games, I will gradually allow other players to mod. To mod, use the /in to mod command (I will not be lenient on this, use the command directly or I will ignore it). In order to mod, you must send me these things:

1. How many players will be in the game.
2. Roles for Mafia game you're planning to host.
3. The name of the Mafia game.
4. Beginning of story and end of story with at least two possible conclusions.
5. Rules you're planning on using.
6. Must give how long Day's and Night's will be.

It is not guarantee that your game will get in, thought. If the game is unbalanced, you do not meet all conditions, or it doesn't follow the Nintendo Cult rules, it will be rejected and you'll either have to edit your game to where I approve it or you will not be able to host it.

When a mod game gets all the people it needs to begin the game, the mod is responsible for making a thread about the game. Only people who have confirmed to be in that particular game may post in it, with the exceptions of people with abilities to lock forums and even then, they may not actively participate in the game if they have not confirmed to be in the game. After making the thread, I will send PM's to everyone who is going to play the game. You must confirm your role by doing the /confirm command. Then the games begin.

Make sure to read all the rules in that game, thought. That can save a lot of headaches in future games and in games you're currently in.

General concept: People may be confused on how to play Mafia games and that's understandable, because hey, everyone here was a newbie at once and the same applies to other places. I'll try to tell you how Mafia games work.

There are other alignments, but the two most common are Townies and Mafia. Townies are the uninformed majority who are trying to lynch the scums and Mafia members are people who are trying to cover their tracks and lynch townies. Mafia have the ability to kill during the night.

The game starts out with a little back story on what's going on. Then we go into the Day Phase. The Day Phase is where you attempt to find who could be scum by looking at there posts and doing an analysis on each an every post. Post your feelings toward the post. When you think you found the most likely scum, do the Vote [Insert user name] command. If you think the person you voted for isn't really scum, do the Unvote command. You may vote for yourself, but be warned. It does count and if you self-lynch yourself, then you will be lynched, no exceptions. Also, if you don't think a lynch is necessary, you may do an Vote: No Lynch command. Remember, bold these command above. If you don't, they will not count.

At the beginning of the game, zero information is usually provided, so a good way to get started (But not a required way) is to do Random Voting or Random Questions. Random Voting is where you random vote other people for silly reasons just to see how they react. Random Question is trying to gain information from how people react to those questions, how much contents they put into, and more.

To get a lynch, we need an majority vote for a person. Let's say we have an twelve-player mafia. That means we need at least seven players who are willing to lynch that particular person.

If a person gets an majority vote, we go into the Twilight Phase, where everyone, even the person who's about to get lynched, may talk about well anything until I post the lynch scene. In there, I reveal the person's role and alignment. Either he's scum and we live happily for a day or townie and we lock our doors in shame. Be warned, once we get into the Twilight Phase, there will be no more votes that will count. After the lynch scene, we go into the Night Phase.

However, there will be an deadline to every game and you have to lynch someone by then. If we cross the deadline, their will be no Lynch and we skip into the Night Phase.

During the Night Phase, no one is allowed to talk in the thread, or about the game in general, with the exception of scums. They may talk during the night about their plans on who to kill. In order to kill, they must send the mod the Kill: [Insert User name] command, which will cause a townie to die. Then we go into the Day Phase where I reveal who got killed, his alignment, and his role. This repeats until the end of the game.

The game ends when the majority of people are scums or when town eliminates all threat to town.

Where to find other Mafia games: You can search for them in Mafiascum or Smash World Forums, places where I play Mafia games (Both under Super Smash Bros. Fan).

Other things to keep note of:

1. Mods of games can change anything as long as they still retain the core objective of the game. If it is approved and you want to join it, expect different rules in every games, so please always read the rules before doing anything in the game.

2. Mods have the right to change the number of players in the game. Seven players are the mininum that a mod can have if they want to do a quick Mafia. They can have as many players as they want, although having 100 players required to start a game is probably not going to get my approval. These are recommended range once I start allowing other people to mod:

New Mods (Just getting started): 9-12 players.

Semi-Experienced Mods (Mods with at least two successful games): 9-15 players

Experienced Mods (Mods with at least five successful games): 12-18 players

Super Experienced Mods (Mods with at least ten successful games): 12+

3. I will be taking the time to list the number of games an individual has completed. I will be sorting all of you out into ranks. To be counted in, you must have joined a game. Please note that replacing in every game does not count as a completed game, so if you do that, you'll place pretty low in the rankings and you'll garner a bad reputation that way, possibly causing negative consequences to happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 pm
Hoo boy, Mafia games are serious business here in the Cult. Just ask anyone.  

MaverickDrifter

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 pm
digi734
Hoo boy, Mafia games are serious business here in the Cult. Just ask anyone.

You mean that they actually particapate in Mafia games here? Interesting, I'd like to know how where Mafia games are hosted. BTW, are you interested in my Mafia game?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm
Oh, hi LPS.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:48 pm
[Kegan]
Oh, hi LPS.

What is that suppose to mean? LittlelestPetShop?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:41 pm
MarioLuigi1983
[Kegan]
Oh, hi LPS.

No, it's short for Lady Psycho Sexy, the biggest Mafia player in the Cult at the time.

But you better be able to keep up with what's happening, or else the whole Mafia game will go catastrophic and everyone will get piss for a few weeks.  

MaverickDrifter

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm
digi734
MarioLuigi1983
[Kegan]
Oh, hi LPS.

No, it's short for Lady Psycho Sexy, the biggest Mafia player in the Cult at the time.

But you better be able to keep up with what's happening, or else the whole Mafia game will go catastrophic and everyone will get piss for a few weeks.

Thanks for letting me know what it meant. Obviously, I am not Lady Psycho Sexy, but I wonder if she response to the thread.

As for me keeping up with the game, that shouldn't be too difficult to do since I have a lot of free time.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 pm
MarioLuigi1983
Thanks for letting me know what it meant. Obviously, I am not Lady Psycho Sexy, but I wonder if he/she response to the thread.

Come on now. Basic logic.

(Also: I will have no part in this (because I'm bad at mafia games))  

The Awkwardest Turtle

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 pm
Lemme know when one is up.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 am
Kuzodav
Lemme know when one is up.

I'll take that as an /in for the upcoming Mafia game I'm hosting. You should see your name on the main post.  

MarioLuigi1983

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:27 am
I did.
I saw it all.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:51 pm
Kuzodav
I did.
I saw it all.

Did it make you happy?
Your curiosity sated?

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:50 pm
A lot of times, whenever I've seen the Cult play mafia, we usually go with a theme.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm
Orphie
A lot of times, whenever I've seen the Cult play mafia, we usually go with a theme.
Yeah. I only recall Ota having a Mafia game that didn't have a theme. Wasn't the last Mafia game based on TWEWY?  

MaverickDrifter

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 pm
digi734
Orphie
Yeah. I only recall Ota having a Mafia game that didn't have a theme. Wasn't the last Mafia game based on TWEWY?
I don't think so. I think it was based on Card Captors.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff