Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply Square Enix
Valkyrie Profile

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:12 pm
Has anyone played this game? I've only seem clips of it on YouTube, so I don't know how it plays. I think it's for PSP, so I might buy it if it's any good. From what I can tell it's a side-scrolling action RPG, but if anyone knows different please tell me. Also, if you've played it let me know how it is.. might be worth a few quid.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:09 pm
i haven't played the original before on Play station so i can't help.
Sorry sad  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 pm
also...
Valkyrie Profile is a console role-playing game developed by tri-Ace and published by Enix (now Square Enix) for the PlayStation. It was released on December 22, 1999 in Japan and on August 29, 2000 in North America. An enhanced port of the game was later released for the PlayStation Portable under the name Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on March 2, 2006 in Japan, July 18, 2006 in North America, and April 27, 2007 in Europe.

The game is loosely based on Norse mythology, where players assume the role of a valkyrie who recruits and prepares the souls of fallen warriors (Einherjar) before sending them to Valhalla for a final apocalyptic battle between the Æsir and Vanir: Ragnarok. Along the way, she uncovers the tragic events of her own hidden past.

The game was both a commercial and critical success, spawning a few related titles on different consoles. A PlayStation 2 sequel, titled Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, was released in 2006 in Japan and North America, and 2007 in Europe. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume for the Nintendo DS was released in Japan in 2008, March 17, 2009 in North America and on April 3, 2009 in all PAL regions.

from Wikipedia.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 pm
Thanks for the extra info Parth, I might seriously look into it now. Norse mythology has always intersted me, but I initially feared this game may have just used "Valkyrie" because it sounded cool.  

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:20 am
It's a good game with a great story and interesting characters. The gameplay is nice; I like it.

In the game, you control a valkyrie and you go around looking for souls worthy enough to go to Valhalla. So basically, your army are already dead. sweatdrop and you get to see their lives before they die. (to show why they are worthy of course)

It's not your traditional RPG game, but it should be good enough to have you raving about it til you find a new one. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 am
Roscoe Reyes
It's a good game with a great story and interesting characters. The gameplay is nice; I like it.

In the game, you control a valkyrie and you go around looking for souls worthy enough to go to Valhalla. So basically, your army are already dead. sweatdrop and you get to see their lives before they die. (to show why they are worthy of course)

It's not your traditional RPG game, but it should be good enough to have you raving about it til you find a new one. 3nodding

I also thought the system for sending troops to Valhalla was interesting. You had to make certain that your party members had the correct qualifications before you sent them to there to join the army. Also I really enjoyed the variety of characters. The morbidness of all their stories really added to the experience. Hell the whole game was morbid, but in a good way. Overall the game is definitely worth playing, but I would highly recommend either getting the book or using a faqs if you want to complete everything. Cuz lemme tell ya, there's a lot! whee  

Arikaz

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 pm
2 years later...

Yeah, so I know it's a long time for an update, but whatever. I ended up not getting it because my PSP got stolen from my bag while I was on a train. But I did get VP: Covenant of the Plume for the DS a couple of months back and I've gotta admit, it's a lot of fun.

Square Enix

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games