Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Chamomile tea. A surprisingly decent meditative focus tool.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:59 am
Hi. This is something useful I literally stumbled onto. By literally I mean I read some uses for a chamomile tea bag. Well, I tried to find the link to where I read it but I can't seem to. Belonging to 15 to 20 guilds will do that to you.

Essentially what it said was that for cuts, acne and swelling (even swelling on some pets) That you take a chamomile tea bag after it's been used and while it's still warm. You hold it on the desired spot for 20 minutes or so. Make sure no sugar or honey was in the cup. After you drank the tea press the bag to get the excess moisture out. Hold it to desired area.

I tried this on a very small bit of acne. By very small I mean very very small just one spot by my chin. It worked, I could feel my skin like, shrinking and cleaning.

Since I have allergies and chamomile worked as an anti inflammatory. I tried it on my forehead. Things got kind of tripped out all of a sudden. I contemplated whether it was the damiana in my system or the chamomile.

I decided the only way to test this was to do it again. So, I did. This time two of my friends did the same thing by placing the teabag on forehead. Well, to be perfectly honest; third eye. We let it seep in and we felt changes to our focus.

I felt more concentrated and relaxed. Everything was warm and fuzzy and I am still holding a blissful feeling from the meditation. Well, when I wrote this. A few hours had passed and I am sharing this in several guilds.

One of my friends was suddenly able to see clearer in the dark.

My other friend felt warm tingles to her brain enhancing the meditative state.

This worked fantasticly well as a meditation aid. I got to thinking, what other tea bags would have a hidden effect like this?

Also for the record. In an effort to see if this was a natural herbal property or not. I swear, I did not do anything to those teabags before we did this.

Anyhow, this got me to thinking. What happens when you use other tea bags? I need volunteers in helping me collect experiences. This chamomile helped to clean my third eye and helped me focus like nothing else I have encountered before.

What would green tea do? Do the slight changes and or variations in flavor and potency produce different results? Would different teabags be used for different purposes and if so; what hidden uses for teabags could this unlock?

So, if you are going to help me with this. Please PM me with a link leading me to where you found this thread. I will keep the address in my records so I can keep checking back.

Help from those with sensitive third eyes and experience in deep meditation is highly preferred. Amateurs welcome, but they should study meditation more as they begin to help me with this.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 pm
It seems like basically the same concept as anointing (like with oils). Either way, this is very interesting.

What interests me is the fact that you and each of your friends all got different results.

I have a few different teas (More like a few Dozen. I'm a bit of a tea collector sweatdrop ). So I will give it a whirl.

I'm assuming you all placed the teabags on the Third eye?

It makes me wonder what would happen if the bags were placed on other Chakra points in the body.

If Chamomile stimulated the third eye, would, say, peppermint stimulate the heart (just an example. I don't know enough about the properties of herbs in relation to the chakra system to know if it's at all accurate or not)  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:48 pm
-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
It seems like basically the same concept as anointing (like with oils). Either way, this is very interesting.

What interests me is the fact that you and each of your friends all got different results.

I have a few different teas (More like a few Dozen. I'm a bit of a tea collector sweatdrop ). So I will give it a whirl.

I'm assuming you all placed the teabags on the Third eye?

It makes me wonder what would happen if the bags were placed on other Chakra points in the body.

If Chamomile stimulated the third eye, would, say, peppermint stimulate the heart (just an example. I don't know enough about the properties of herbs in relation to the chakra system to know if it's at all accurate or not)
Yeah, on the third eye. Huh. Hehehehe. Other chakra points on the body. Well, I guess we have something else to check out then eh?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Indeed we do.

I'll get started here in a little bit. I have to organize my Tea Cabinet anyway o.o;;

Joined that Herb guild, by the way.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:00 pm
-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
Indeed we do.

I'll get started here in a little bit. I have to organize my Tea Cabinet anyway o.o;;

Joined that Herb guild, by the way.
Alright, cool, I'll let you in.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Alright, Thanks.

trying the Peppermint first.

I'm gonna read up on the properties of Peppermint, and then try it, and see if there's any correlation.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 pm
Two things.

One. Very very awesome stuff. That sounds super interesting.

Two. The mental image of three girls laying down with teabags sitting on their foreheads amused me greatly.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:33 pm
have you considered what the difference would be with a loose leaf tea? confused  

The Nomad Xavier

3,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:19 pm
I once tried using eye tea (bags of tea designed to be put on the eyes instead of drank) in the hopes that it would help me with out-of-body projection. I believe they were chamomile tea bags. It didn't really work but I'm now wondering if using them on my forehead would have been more effective.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:07 pm
I've found Jasmine tea to help out whenever I have pink eye or start having problems with my eyes. I'll put them on top my eyes (After being steeped to make a tea) and normally it'll clear up the problem.

Chamomile seems to be a relaxant tea for me. Its a good way to ward off bad dreams as well.  

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:18 pm
tea bags stare I'm a tea snob, I drink nothing but loose leaf. Now, the tea itself probably does something nice for this, but mostly it will be the added herbs that give the effects you describe. I would suggest, if possible, trying just plain old herbs, perhaps in an emptied out tea bag? Not sure how you would go about this, but if it is the herb's effect, then it ought to be much more potent when used by itself instead of barely being present in a tea. Interesting idea, though, I would have never thought about this.  
The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games