Submit

Chibi Samurai Girl

Friendly Lover

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm
i got this from a different website and i wanted to share this girl's thoughts about school
her words:

I'm usually in advanced classes, and although I do love the challenge, sometimes... Sometimes I think there is too much pressure. You see, I'm 17, and some days I just want to have fun, enjoy my youth, do whatever. But I can't. I have this assignment do in this class, or this test in this class, and sometimes, it's all too much. I'm an 'A' average student and I REALLY feel pressured to keep my average up. I feel pressured to make all these awards, to take all these tests, to take all these classes and for what? So that I can be an unhappy and stressed out middle-aged woman with a college degree in a subject I know longer care about?
I don't get it. It's like Junior Year (My current year) is your crunch year. Whatever you do now shows. So you spend a time when you should be worrying about living while you can, and worrying about family and friends, and all that, worrying about: 'What do I do if my grade point average sinks below a 3.8' or 'What do I do if I don't make National Merit or National Honor Society' or 'What do I do if I'm not the best, the brightest' or 'What do I do if I don't get into college'. It sucks after awhile. And then there is so much pressure on you and you're so tired all the time and you cry more than you laugh... And all for the sake of WHAT? None of this will really matter when you look back on it. You'll look and see a bunch of years wasted in worry and sleeplessness that didn't have to be.
The teachers don't help any, either. They just pile on the workload and expect you to complete 5 hours of work by the next day. HELLO!?!?! I HAVE A LIFE! I HAVE OTHER CLASSES! You do NOT really need me to map out the ENTIRE Rise and fall of EVERY prehistoric civilization.
Everyone is ALWAYS telling you to enjoy youth and that these are the best years of your life. Well we can't. And they're not.
And they WONDER why American Teenagers are so depressed, stressed out, suicidal, sleep deprived, etc?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm
sup  

Danny Dannson

6,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
******** i hate skewl!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers