A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Writing: Prose
≠Bad Timing≠

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pull up a chair and pour yourself a drink!
  *goes to the bar*
  That all depends on what you have!
View Results

-Deathly Destruction-

Gracious Informer

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:07 pm
Greetings, and thank you for your interest in my little project entitled 'Bad Timing'. Yes, I call this a project instead of necessarily a story. It is indeed a story, however it is not written in any sort of chronological order. The chapters are posted as they occur to me, and it is the reader's job to read, comprehend, and then attempt to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. Once I feel I have completed the series, I will eventually post what I feel is the proper order to things, but until that time comes, and it will be some time, I imagine, until it does, it is up to you, dear reader, to unravel the mystery and weave together this tale. The only definitive starting point may be found in the very first piece posted, which carries the series's namesake, and is the starting point, the 'genesis' if you will, of everything.

In order to save forum load problems (and to make everyone's lives easier and more orderly), all chapters have been posted to the writing arena.

Currently, 'Bad Timing' has four chapters revealed thus far, and I list them now in the order of their appearance:
1. Bad Timing (This is the only fixed chapter- the very beginning of it all)
Second to be published: The Escape
Third to be published: Dream a Little Dream of Me...
Fourth to be published: Tenebraerum

'Tenebraerum' is the newest installment and is exceptionally short. Of course, as more come to light, they will be listed here.

Please let me know your thoughts, questions, suspicions- anything -on this series as I am very interested in knowing what everyone thinks. Ratings would be appreciated, and you may begin your comments there if you like and give your unfettered thoughts here afterwards- which ever means please you.

Thank you, and enjoy.

`Death  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 pm
I am befuddled as to why you should desire ratings - these do not increase your skill as a writer, nor do they provide any empirically useful data.

Please note also that the writing arena's capacity for comments is quite limited, and does not allow for any sort of depth in review or critique.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

-Deathly Destruction-

Gracious Informer

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:03 pm
Priestess of Neptune
I am befuddled as to why you should desire ratings - these do not increase your skill as a writer, nor do they provide any empirically useful data.

Please note also that the writing arena's capacity for comments is quite limited, and does not allow for any sort of depth in review or critique.

Merely as a means of increasing the exposure of my work. I have reason to believe that those that are rated tend to pop up more in the algorithm of the system than those that aren't.

Also, I am aware of the limitation- it is for this reason that I mentioned one could post there or here, whichever is preferred. I understand that some people enjoy writing a page in response and some feel a few sentences is enough. Therefore, I welcome both means as anything and everything is greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 am
Indeed, the accessibility of your work would be increased. May I suggest that if such is your goal, then you might also post a link in your signature (I apologize if one is already extant - I do not follow hidden links).

From your response, I posit that you do not desire a critique; rather, by "thoughts &c." you were suggesting something more tersely described as "feedback".

Please follow posting etiquette.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

-Deathly Destruction-

Gracious Informer

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm
Priestess of Neptune
Indeed, the accessibility of your work would be increased. May I suggest that if such is your goal, then you might also post a link in your signature (I apologize if one is already extant - I do not follow hidden links).

From your response, I posit that you do not desire a critique; rather, by "thoughts &c." you were suggesting something more tersely described as "feedback".

Please follow posting etiquette.

I've always equated feedback and critique as the same thing. Someone can dissect any of my works if they please- in fact, I'd encourage it. Or, they can simply enjoy it and say what the liked or disliked so that I can take note of it. They're both the same to me.  
Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games