Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Been playing the latest HP game, and I just realized... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm close to the end.
  And I know the story.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 am
The final fight, based on the story, is going to be with a bunch of zombies in a dark, dank cave. gonk I'd rather fight Voldemort again.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am
I guess this means that I'm not keeping track of what games you've finished anymore.

Sence you haven't talked to me in a week.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:14 pm
I didn't figure it mattered. We haven't gamed together in years. And I have so talked to you. rolleyes Heck, I'm doing it right now.

As it turned out, I forgot about the part where Harry chases Snape out of the castle after Dumbledore's death. The zombies were actually a piece of defense cake. Then, I had to fight a series of Death Eaters, including the werewolf guy and Bellatrix. Ironically, I didn't have to fight Snape, which I was kind of looking forward to. I know in the book it wasn't much of a fight, but considering everything else they changed for the game, they could've added it anyway. mad So my final fight was actually Bellatrix. The battles were super easy anyway. Easier than Voldemort in the fourth game. All I had to do was spam the stupefy spell and stay in close. So much for the game's dodge and cover setup. Didn't need it. Didn't need the other spells either. xp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:18 pm
*le sigh* Well, the movie was pretty blah as well... My favorite part was Dumbledore's giant fire spell. The rest of the movie was a blur of teenage hormones far more pronounced than it was in the book.

Never played any of the games though.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm
The movies can't hold a candle to the books. The best was the first one; the worst, I think, was the fourth one. But the last one was definitely kind of....Well, it felt like a really long trailer to me. Like I was waiting for the movie to start, and all I got was the abridged version. xd

The games have been up and down. The best, IMO, was the fifth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:30 pm
HP? confused  

Tybarious

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 am
O_o; What game are you playing????????
We have the Wii version ... there is this one part where you go to a cave with Dumbledore and you have to fight against some dead skeletons before you can get out. But aside from that, I don't remember any zombies. (XD)

I'd really like to see a HP game made like a Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat. I'd like to just kill Bellatrix over and over again, hop on her and just stab her to death with a wand. *cough*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:41 am
Purple: Are we at least keeping a list of the other's games?

Rini: LOL (harry potter fighter game)
You do realize that now that you've said it, it's more likely to be made. mrgreen

TY: HP = Harry Potter  

xwhateverxdudex

Tybarious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:29 pm
ahh neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:06 pm
Ty, you don't like Harry Potter?! eek *gasp* Become one of us!! xd

Rini: It's the PS2 version, but it's the same thing basically. They do look like skeletons in the game, but if you'll recall the book, they're supposed to be animated bodies, i.e. zombies. 3nodding

Dude, I don't care. I didn't think it mattered, but if you're gonna panic, I haven't bought any new games lately. Although, I did pick up a used GBA for my Animal Crossing game. whee

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:30 pm
For me, the first 2 movies felt the most "magical". I can't really articulate better than that. The worst movie is definitely Half-Blood Prince. I was just sick of the fact the entire movie focused on all the teenage hormones. Where was all the stuff about Voldemort's past? I know there was a lot more in that book so why wasn't it in the movie?

My favorite movie though is Prisoner of Azkaban, which is also my favorite book in the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:22 am
Purple: I wasn't "panicing" >_>
^.^ LOL

But what do you mean by "GBA" because to me that's a "Game Boy Advanced" system, that plays games. So if you haven't picked up any new games lately, Am I to assume that you got a new handheld system with no games ???  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:13 pm
Iakun: Yeah, the first two definitely did the best job of replicating the feel of the books. Personally, I didn't care too much for the third movie. Maybe it wasn't really bad, but the sudden change in tone was so jarring that I never really got used to it. And I felt like the fourth one cut out a lot more. But yeah, they did cut out a lot of story in the sixth one.

Dude: Yes, yes I did. whee Although, come to think of it, it did come with a little BMX racing game that I probably won't keep. I just want to go to the island on AC. Now I just need the connector cord.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 pm
That's understandable about the third movie. Even I found it a little jarring. That's the first movie where a new director stepped in and so the vision was slightly different. The movie series needed to make a more steady and slow transition into a darker tone because the books themselves go more in that direction. But the change in the third movie felt too abrupt, though I still liked it. But after the third movie I felt a lot of the HP feel was gone. Things didn't quite feel so magical.

The third movie is also when they started deciding to shorten the movie time by a lot, which unfortunately meant cutting a lot of stuff out. LOTR and the first 2 HP movies apparently showed people didn't like sitting through 3 hour movies.  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 am
Seriously O_O ???
You got a GBA ???

What that heck!
I thought you hated small screens!

Besides, You do remember that mom likes to write this stuff down right?

And how does that even work.
You don't have an AC gamecard for it.
So what, you just plug it in, and it links to the main system and plays it's game, taking you to the island?

That's confusing.
I'm used to things like this needing extra game cards, then again it's not like it's multiplayer mode or something.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff