Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writer's Club House

Back to Guilds

Love to write short stories? How about write poetry or even RP with a few people? This guild may be right for you! 

Tags: Writing, Literature, Roleplaying, Poetry, Short Stories 

Reply The Author's Room
The Steel Blooded Ones

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_Comet

1,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:23 pm
In the midst of my other story (it is in limbo until I think of some better names and so on) I began another story titled the Steel Blooded Ones! It's really reminiscent of Avatar and Pocahontas but... please try and view it as a seperate piece of literature!

So without further ado! The Steel Blooded Ones!

The rolling lush green hills stretched across the horizon in an endless sea of bright green carpeting. The sun peeked over the hill tops, a brilliant golden light. With the dazzling light the prarie woke up. White tulips opened up and the scent of baby's breath cascaded down the hills in a warming breeze. Cheerful larks replaced the coo of nightengales with their chirping songs. Bunnies, deer, squirell and all other life tenatively crept out of their dwellings. All across the land everything seemed to exhale and stir with life. The deep purple sky lit up, a delicate light blue chased away the twinkling stars and lingering moon. The nighttime chirping of crickets stuttered to a stop and at that moment dawn and it's heavenly symphony had begun.

And I watched from under a citrus tree as my favorite time of day stole my breath. I watched wide-eyed as the hills came to life and gulped back the dryness in my mouth. I was thirsty, but I couldn't tear my eyes off of the magic I was witnessing. Finally the dry burn in my throat became unbearable and I stood. I began climbing the fruit tree, my foot found purchase on the rough, gnarled bark and I pushed myself until a steady branch was in my grasp. My foot slipped from its' hold and I hung from the branch precariously. I inhaled deeply and hauled myself up until I was sitting on the thickest part of the branch. Again I reached up and pulled myself to the branch above me. I must have startled a family of blue birds there, because they fluttered off, chirping shrilly at me. Next to the newly vacated nest was a ripe orange. I gingerly plucked it and quickly dropped to the ground.

Again I found my dewy spot under the shady tree and closed my eyes to fully appreciate the music surrounding me while I peeled the orange.

I heard the squealch of wet grass underfoot and opened my eyes. The breeze changed and brought the scent of my company to me. His scent was one I could never forget. He smelled of camp fire, hard work, and cinnamon tobacco. He paused behind me and I stared straight ahead watching the mighty sun rise and take its' place in the sky. Strong and silent, like my father.

"For such a skilled warrior you've never been able to sneak up on me," I spoke quietly. I heard his exhale of breath and squinted against the blinding white light.

"I'm beginning to believe that the Earth won't permit me to remain hidden to you. Grass gives away my silent footstep, wind betrays my scent to you," his soft, musical voice seemed to swirl around me.

"It is but natures way to deter you of what you continue to persist. You aren't meant to stay hidden from me," I answered and ate a slive of the orange.

"Spoken like a true priestess," he said witha chuckle and sat down next to me. I finally turned to look at him. Kiran. He had long ebony hair, deep bronze skin, fierce brown eyes, a strong body. He was dressed in his hunting clothing, his waist was robed in a thick leather cloth, leaving his powerful thighs exposed. His muscular bisceps were banded in a leather strap in which he sheathed his knives. His chest had marks of my fathers' blessing, rust red bear paw prints. In front of him were his spears which were painted in blood. Blood that was also splattered all over his hands and arms.

I looked into his face, he had a strong, square chin. Almond shaped eyes, high cheek bones, an aristocratic nose. His left eye brow was cut in half by an old scar that ran through it and curved around his eye. He got it long ago, during a training exercise when he was a boy. He was beautiful.

"N'hem Kiran, I trust the hunt went well."

"N'hem Rai, yes. Your father hunted with the grace of a lion." My stomach twisted into a knot.

"I wish you would urge him not to go with you. He is becoming too old."

"Age is nothing but added wisdom, your father is as skilled as I, with twice the knowledge." He met my gaze steadily and finally I looked down.

"You're right. His age has brought wisdom. I just worry about my father. If something goes wrong not only would I lose my father, but a whole tribe would lose a chief."

"I will let no harm come his way." Kiran answered and turned his gaze to the hills that spread out before us. The sun was steadily climbing in the sky. I reached up and traced the scar in his brow with my fingertips. His serious expression faltered and I saw his lips lift up in a crooked smile.

"Come, let's get that blood washed off of you." I quickly finished eating the orange and stood, brushing the clinging blades of grass from my legs. He stood also, and silently we picked our way down the steep slope. He follwed me so quietly that if it weren't for his unguarded inhaling and exhaling, I wouldn't have thought him there at all. Soon we made it to the base of the hill and traveled in the valleys between the rolling hills. The sun warmed my cheeks and shoulders, like a mothers' gentle embrace. The air was sweet with Earth's natural fragrance. Butterflies fluttered overhead and danced around each other. Soon the gurgling could be heard off to a distance and then shortly after, the mighty roar of falling water could be heard, like a constant thunder.

We found ourselves at the edge of a great river. Across the water from us was a wolf, drinking. Kiran and I paused, breathing in shallow breaths. The grey wolf slowly raised his head. His cold, grey, indifferent eyes took us in. His ears cocked at some unheard noise, and without a second glance in our direction he took off. Darting down the stream noiselessly.

I was the first to move. I slipped out of the skirt and I removed the heavy warriors cloak I always wore when father left. With a cry I took two steps back and jumped in. When I surfaced Kiran was neck deep in the chilly water. I ran a hand through my waist long raven colored hair until I had worked all of the tangles out. I ran my fingers through Kiran's thick hair until his was also tangle free. My hands found their way to both sides of his face and his eyes met mine. He smiled and my heart melted.

I released him finally, and we swam around. I enjoyed this time with Kiran, I loved how we could just be together so effortlessly. Kiran seemed to fit me so perfectly, his rhythm synced to mine flawlessly. I dipped my head back into the water and took his strong, rough hands in mine.

"Tell me how the hunt went," I said. Kiran ran a hand through my hair and his serious eyes were thoughtful for a moment.

"We found a lost Wind tribeman on our way home."

"Why do you wait to tell me that?"

"Peace, Rai, wingaam. It was just a child... he offered to help us prepare the meat in exchange for a nights stay and a warrior to help him on his way home.

"Even a child from the Wind tribe is a threat to us!" I hissed.

The tribe I belonged to, the Eart tribe, is spread out all over the vast valley. We have allied ourselves with the Water tribe, who resides along the coast, the Sun tribe, who find shelter in the Savanna, and the Frost tribe, who dwell in the arctic conditions. All of the tribes used to live in harmony and peace with one another until the Wind tribe deserted us and betrayed us to the foreigners. The "civilized man".

I have a hard time deciding which is more repulisive, the deserters or the Steel Blooded ones. My father urges the tribes to remember that the Wind tribe are still our brothers and sisters; that they have been seriously misguided by the Steel Blooded demons, that they are our true enemies. And maybe they are. They have no respect for the world they live on, they build monsterous huts made of steel and brick, speaking through evil shell shaped things, shooting tribe members with small, metal arrows. Steel Bloods are truly the monsters, but the Wind tribe are despicable. Any one man who can stand by while the chief joins forces with the Steel Bloods is just as guilty as the chief himself.

"I have a mind to tell that kid to find his own way back to his dirty, concrete jungle. Why should we put our warriors at risk for a filthy traitor?"

"This is not the priestess I know. Why do you speak with harsh words? It is but a boy."

"This is not the warrior I know to defend the betrayers."

"I have offered to be the one to return him." My jaw fell open and I snatched my hand out of his.

"For what reasons?"

"Because the boy, he looks like Anchal..." My stomach flutters at the mention of his kid brothers' name. Anchal died as a result of a Steel Blood raid in which they stole our land. We fought back valiantly, but we still lost our home, and more importantly, many of our people. Including a very harmless Anchal. I watched the pain well up in Kiran's eyes and I instantly regret giving Kiran such a hard time.

"Kiran, that boy is not Anchal," I whispered.

"Yes, but I wonder, if the Steel Bloods had seen their younger brother in Anchal would he still be alive. Meet the boy with me, before you forbid me from going."

"I can not make that choice for you, Kiran." His hands found my naked waist and his soft lips pressed against my forehead.

"But Rai you could. You are my lady, I am your warrior. You are the young priestess I adore so. You make all of my decisions."

"Don't be foolish Kiran, your duty is to my father first and me second." I pushed away from him and swam back to the waterfront.

"Promise me you will meet him!" Kiran called after me. I wiped off with my warriors' cloak, then slipped on the newly damp material and skirt. Kiran was next to me then, dripping.

"I promise," I answered while he slipt back into his leather cloth, sheathed his knives, and retrieved his spears. "After tonights' celebration. And I believe father has something special planned for you." Kiran looked at me for a long time before he smiled.

"What is it?" I shrugged and started walking. "Rai what is it?" He grabbed my hand but I slipped through his grip like water.

"Look, if you hurry you will find out." I started to run and he chased behind me.

"Rai! Seriously!"

"Yes! You must hurry if you want to know!" I called back to him and picked up speed. The green grass and rolling hills seemed to fly by me as I sped back home.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm
bump  

Miss_Comet

1,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Miss_Comet

1,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:31 am
Bump =[ Read and comment!  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:47 am
Wow, beautifully written with minor grammar issues. I believe you have a great skill for descriptive writing, not many people do(:  

Enchanted Seduction

OG Gaian

Miss_Comet

1,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:48 pm
Grammar really is not my strong suit....

But I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad to finally have a comment on this story!  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm
I know the feeling..=
Not many people are around in this guild to comment stuff  

Enchanted Seduction

OG Gaian

The Author's Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items