Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [video game]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like HP?
  Yea!
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:30 pm
At first, I was a bit put off by the subpar cutscenes and animations. I guess I expected some continued improvement. But it turned out to be one of those things you get used to. The character faces were well-drawn; they just didn't move very well. And the cutscene dialogue was choppy. But once I got into the game, it didn't bother me, and I actually enjoyed it. Big surprise, I know.

The story follows the books/movies, of course. No surprises except for a few things that they took out, but they always do that anyway. Anyway, the best part of these games is always the exploration. I love running around the castle. I was always a little bit upset about the major layout changes they made after the third movie, but it's still totally fun.

This game is almost as good as the fifth one, but the biggest difference, which deducts fun points from it, is that there are fewer goals. There are the storyline goals, and there are a couple of random optional goals. But that's it. The focus is more on the story, which is funny considering the hack job they always do on storyline cutscenes. xp

They almost made up for this by adding clubs. Flying club, dueling club, and potions club. You get to practice catching the snitch anytime you want, you can practice your dueling with any house dueling club, and you can actually make potions. Tons of them. Pouring, mixing, and heating with different analog stick motions. It's loads of fun, and it almost makes up for the lack of real goals. Not quite, because it doesn't really immerse you in the day-to-day workings of the school like the fifth game did. But maybe it's supposed to be like that because of the tone of the story itself. Still, it's a really fun game for HP fans like yours truly.

The combat is fun too. There are several different dueling spells you learn - stupefy, expelliarmus, petrificus totalus, and levicorpus. You also have protego to protect yourself. The variety is fun to play with, but in the end, if you just want to beat your opponent and move on, all you have to do is spam the stupefy spell and stay close to them. No real challenge or skill required. So if you want a combat challenge, you'll have to make up your own. Like, use each spell at least once on every opponent.

It's a fun game, but probably not for anyone who isn't already an HP fan. Anyone else would get bored mixing ingredients and levitating people. xd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm
How could someone get bored of levitating people?$!

eek
burning_eyes
ninja  

heir of aragorn

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm
Good point. xd I didn't.  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash