Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
My Dream *I wonder what it means*..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

orange_split

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:16 pm
I hope you can help me with my dream.. I was having different dreams every night, different events,place and characters..yet there is one thing that doesn't change. In my dream there is a male (I can say that we are of the same age bracket maybe 14-15) who always comforts me when I'm feeling down. I don't know how, but I know that he's not my friend-a complete stranger or let's just say I just knew him for a few days/weeks. He's acting cold to everyone but shows a gentle side in front of me. I knew he cares for me.. I can't see clearly how he looks like the images are blurry..

I just want to know what this dream means..it does not bother me at all, it's just whenever I have this kind of dream, I feel comforted and relaxed like I gain a new chance to live, well something like that..thanks for your future responses  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 pm
I have had quite a few dreams like this. It could be someone that you will meet at some point in your life or it could be one of your personal guardians. Time and a few more dreams should be able to give you the answer.  

Underworld Priestess

orange_split

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:41 pm
ooh..I see..but as far as I can remember whenever I felt bad or somethings bothering me, he always appear in my dream. And often times when I don't remember my dream after I woke up yet I feel so..uhmm..I don't know how to explain it but I have this wonderful feeling I knew I have him in my dream..  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:18 pm
He could be your guardian spirit, watching over you.
I can't really picture it as a "your subconscious self is telling you blank" type of thing. If it is not worrying you, then I wouldn't worry about it. I think you are lucky to have someone there in your dreams to comfort you.
I always wake up from nightmares and can't sleep due to fear and paranoia. You're lucky there.

Mistreena

orange_split

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 am
hmmm..spirit guide? well he doesn't tell me a thing in my dream..he just give a reassuring smile and gives out a comfortable aura..my dreams are different from time to time, he takes different image of a person but he still carry that kind of thing I don't know how to explain, that makes me recognize that it was him..  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:31 pm
To be perfectly mundane, I think it's only indicative of your longing for such a person in your life.
(even if that role is already filled)  

Viscerim

fantasy_world1236

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:27 pm
i'm not really sure.... Most dreams contain messages that serve to teach you something about yourself. However, soon after you wake up to go about your daily routine, you tend to quickly forget what you dream about. The message in recurring dreams may be so important and/or powerful that it refuses to go away. The frequent repetition of such dreams forces you to pay attention and confront the dream. It is desperately trying to tell you something. Such dreams are often nightmarish or frightening in their content, which also helps you to take notice and pay attention to them.

Recurring dreams are quite common and are often triggered by a certain life situation or a problem that keeps coming back again and again. These dreams may recur daily, once a week, or once a month. Whatever the frequency, there is little variation in the dream content itself. Such dreams may be highlighting a personal weakness, fear, or your inability to cope with something in your life - past or present.

The repetitive patterns in your dream reveal some of the most valuable information about yourself. It may point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled. Some urgent underlying message in your unconscious is demanding to be understood.

here. u can read this. maybe it's saying that you should be back with friends with that person. or maybe.... oh never mind...  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:52 am
orange_split
I hope you can help me with my dream.. I was having different dreams every night, different events,place and characters..yet there is one thing that doesn't change. In my dream there is a male (I can say that we are of the same age bracket maybe 14-15) who always comforts me when I'm feeling down. I don't know how, but I know that he's not my friend-a complete stranger or let's just say I just knew him for a few days/weeks. He's acting cold to everyone but shows a gentle side in front of me. I knew he cares for me.. I can't see clearly how he looks like the images are blurry..

I just want to know what this dream means..it does not bother me at all, it's just whenever I have this kind of dream, I feel comforted and relaxed like I gain a new chance to live, well something like that..thanks for your future responses

everyone and everything in your dreams is your subconscious mind. communicating with you. your subconscious is the magical thing behind your consciousness that is responsible for your emotions, your memories, and much more. your *inner* emotions and thoughts are expressed to you through your dreams.
in reply to mistreena, our subconscious is always trying to tell us something! maybe it's not going to be anything life-changing, nevertheless even the most mundane discovery from dream-land can help give us the necessary insight into ourselves that can give us the power to accomplish any goal! "knowledge is power" and what can be more powerful than knowledge of the SELF!

so. really it is only YOU who can figure out what your dream means. but i can try to help.

like a person has suggested here, perhaps you are just very longing for someone who will make you feel more cherished than others.

however as fantasy world has said about recurring dreams, your subconscious is trying to say that you need to pay attention to this issue.

anyway though here's what I think:

everyone and everything in your dream is you. people you know in your dreams usually represent a part of you that familiarizes with them, or your opinion about them. perhaps you have been thinking about this person a lot, to a point where it is distracting you from your friendships / maybe your subconscious is telling you that you're being too self centered or selfish in , because this person is only giving YOU attention and being cold to others.

i dont know. as i said really you are the only one who can tell. so whatever you think it means, you are probably right! hope that helped!  

yo_wtf

orange_split

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:31 am
I see..those things make sense..anyway, I am just confused about what is a spirit guide though..  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 pm
orange_split
I see..those things make sense..anyway, I am just confused about what is a spirit guide though..

well some people think that there are such things as spirits and that sometimes they will guide us through important decisions or events in our life or just hang out with us for an indefinite amount of time..... i dont really know. i'm obviously a skeptic so someone else will probably give u a better answer.

or just google it! smile  

yo_wtf

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games