Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Beginings of vampirism? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm
This is a topic I brought from the Extended Discussion thread.

All I'm asking is that you put your thoughts here on the very first happenings of the vampire condition.

Be it an actual file of information, or a strange thought that pops into your head.

I'm open to all info.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 pm
Um. I don't believe in vampirism. I believe people can consciously or unconsciously drain energy. But, anyone who knows what they're doing can do that. Vampires don't exist. Not Sanguine or Psi. Just people who let one minor ability get to their head in my honest opinion.  

Satrevi

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 pm
Vampirism? I didn't know people still thought they existed. There is no way a vampire could exist because of low neutrients. You can have a blood fetish but that's the closest you're gonna get to vampirism which is actually normal for a person to have. Take me for an example biggrin .  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm
Kami No Kotoba
Vampirism? I didn't know people still thought they existed. There is no way a vampire could exist because of low neutrients. You can have a blood fetish but that's the closest you're gonna get to vampirism which is actually normal for a person to have. Take me for an example biggrin .
^Honesty.  

Satrevi

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm
To find life, look to the blood.

A well as the fact that there where case's of a samarian king who feasted on the blood of his followers and only appeared at the midnight solstice.

When a vampire feeds, its not the blood that they absorb. It's the essence of the being they are feeding on.
The act of entermorturm is hard to explain from an outside view. But I did come across a personal book that mentions it as (tasting the sun with the whispers of a sweet embrace)

Even that, there is also a large following that Kane was the first vampire. Turned by God as punishment for his actions, and eventually approached by Lilith. Who with using her powers help make him into the vampire progenitor he was and maybe still is.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Vampires exist because of a myth. It would be impossible or everyone would be one. They say that vamps make a new vamp after they feast on someone. If vamps existed, the population would be like this: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512- 1,024-2,048
2,048 vamps on the 12th day. I'm pretty sure everyone would be a vamp by now if they existed. Also, humans kill every threat to them. It's our nature. So before the first feasting, the vamp would be dead and the vamps would be extinct so why still think there are people who are vamps?  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:05 pm
I must also note that to many, vampire's do not exist. As well to the other group magic is not real at all, not in any form.

So we all seem to be looking at this from multiple spectrum's.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm
Kami No Kotoba
Vampires exist because of a myth. It would be impossible or everyone would be one. They say that vamps make a new vamp after they feast on someone. If vamps existed, the population would be like this: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512- 1,024-2,048
2,048 vamps on the 12th day. I'm pretty sure everyone would be a vamp by now if they existed. Also, humans kill every threat to them. It's our nature. So before the first feasting, the vamp would be dead and the vamps would be extinct so why still think there are people who are vamps?

The progression of both sequences (Vampires being spawned and humans killing vampires) implies maximum efficiency, which never actually happens in such a complex system, especially when the human element comes into play; the former demands that every vampire makes another vampire the following day -- vampirism isn't a bacterium, which is where I assume you got the redoubling thing from. The latter demands that every human must attempt to and succeed in destroying every vampire they come across. Further, something interesting happens if you assume your two premises are coextant - if the vampires are introduced to humanity at any point, their numbers instantly begin to dwindle, which (if you correct the first sequence so that every vampire /doesn't/ make a vampire every day) essentially metes out the ratio between human and vampire.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:58 pm
Mitsh
Kami No Kotoba

The progression of both sequences (Vampires being spawned and humans killing vampires) implies maximum efficiency, which never actually happens in such a complex system, especially when the human element comes into play; the former demands that every vampire makes another vampire the following day -- vampirism isn't a bacterium, which is where I assume you got the redoubling thing from. The latter demands that every human must attempt to and succeed in destroying every vampire they come across. Further, something interesting happens if you assume your two premises are coextant - if the vampires are introduced to humanity at any point, their numbers instantly begin to dwindle, which (if you correct the first sequence so that every vampire /doesn't/ make a vampire every day) essentially metes out the ratio between human and vampire.

What about the diet then? No creature can live off of just blood.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 am
That's the point, a vampire cannot survive off of anything but blood or the essence within it. To attempt to digests anything else would be futile and most likely end the day bent over vomiting ash.

However you indicate that a new vampire must be created every day. That would be idiotic to do, the more a generation of a bloodline is stretched. The weaker the individuals made are. Eventually, the turned would be so weak. There flesh would rot off continually despite the amount of feeding.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:07 am
Oborosen: Nothing you have said in this post has any basis in fact. How'd you find out all this information? To me it seems as if it's just a mix of lore from various dis-credible or downright fictional materials.

If you were speaking based on your own assumptions of vampires, say so, rather than speaking factually. Spreading knowledge and lore around is good, but masquerading lore and legend as truth by not distinguishing them as being assumption and fiction only serves to mislead and misguide people that enter these posts.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 am
Dude, @ op. You are trying to sound like the freaking history channel!  

Satrevi

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm
@Oborosen: No. Every creature has to have neutrients. Blood has not much, if at all.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm
What I speak of here, is not the point.
The original use of this thread was to make a place for others to compile there information as a cause to bring forth and understanding. Which is why I started doing this in the first place.

Disregard what I say if you like, I truly don't care.

I just wanted to see if someone had information to add that I hadn't compiled in my studies yet. Any thing added here that turns to have credibility will be filed with the rest of my work.

But instead, I get a truly observant person who states facts as of natural things. When there not taking into the account that the subject matter is far from natural.
So far, Mitsh is the only one giving good grounds for debate.

But by all means, speak your mind. Come to think of it, I should have left the original comment on this thread like I did before stating this as a serious topic.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items