Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Ten things that ruined MW2 when compared to CoD4.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 pm
1. The excessive use of noob tubing.
I know it's cheap to spawn toob on SAD, but it's actually kinda hard. It's basically luck. In CoD4, noob tubing was only used by lower levels; and they didn't use them that long. Personally, I found them annoying when you miss, then get raped by automatic weapons. And for close range, they blow balls.

2. Hardcore claymores vs. peer-to-peer lag.
There really needs to be something done about this. I just know this: if a claymore went off while I was barely around the corner on CoD4, I got away every time if I were crouching and I turned away fast enough. But I will clearly be five feet from the wall, and still get my s**t ******** up on MW2.

3. Sniping
This was also retarded on CoD4. But I'll put it here anyway. ALL snipers should be 1 shot kill. It defeats the purpose of a sniper bullet when you nerf the damage to what it is. I understand someone surviving it if I hit them in the foot or leg. But I clearly shot him in the pelvis. There's no shaking that off.

4. Sub-machine gun and machine gun accuracy.
I don't care if you've had 18 years of expert ranking target practice in the military. You can't shoot a 45 caliber sub machine gun 1000 yards, and hit them. Enough said.

5. Secondary weapons
I hate the fact that shotguns were put into the secondary class. I can understand machine pistols, but shotguns have been used as a tactical close range weapons for years. Not secondary. I was perfectly happy with everyone having a pistol as their secondary.

6. Riot Shields
Wtf?

7. Commando (Pro)
Seriously, a 50 foot epic lunge gets annoying.

8. Eavesdrop
Wtf happened to this perk. I loved listening to bullshit conversation on SAD without them knowing.

9. OMA (Pro)
Gtfo.

10. Deathstreaks
Probably one of the few things that was an upgrade compared to CoD4 was martydom. Martyrdom rarely gets kills now. Which is perfect. Painkiller is a fail. Even though it replaced a whole perk, I still hate it. Painkiller is definitely a nuke blocker. Copycat is just a retarded concept all together. Final Stand is okay, sometimes. Annoying most of the time.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:39 pm
1. Noob Tube is used too much Solution: Remove OMA or make it 300 kills to unlock

2. I don't use claymores or see them enough to know

3.Damage system is the reason why One shot kills are hard unless your using Stopping Power, Getting headshots or playing hardcore
(WA2000 is not affected by SP unless silenced)

4. UMP45 I really good gun in real life 3 shot kill in this game makes it a SMG equivalent M16

5. Pistols are always a nice sidearm for any soldier not Akimbo rangers. Point here is Derail: Snipers Claymores and Shotgun campers (All in one bundle) Shotguns as primary makes less of a problem

6. Only Special Forces (SWAT) use riot shields never seen one in military use

7. No comment it is just plain annoying

8. Modern Warfare 2 consist mainly of little kids, trash talkers and other people with their racial slurs CoD4 not so much so eavesdrop isn't much of a use very more

9. Make shotguns as primary and bring back overkill as a blue perk and we may have a more enjoyable experience

10. Copycat is useless 99% of the time. I used it once after i prestiged on a guy who had one of my fave guns. Martyrdom problem was solved but more problems were created. Juggernaut would be a more viable option for me than Danger Close that way we won't have so many damn Overpowered Noob tubes. Final Stand Occasionally works but they should scrap the deathstreaks all together (along with martyrdom)  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Siul Uchiha

Malevolent Tactician

10,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm
1) Very damn annoying tubes.
2)How can a damn claymore explode two seconds after reading the opponent nearby
3)Not even with stopping power pro cant be one shot one kill.
4)Submachine guns are not so bad,but their recoil is annoying.
5)Agree with the shot guns on secondary.They should be firts class.
6)erm,they are useful on close quarters.
7)Its annoying the fact when you reach pro,even if the opponent is six feet from you he still can land the damn knife.
cool Too many little kids,a lot of idiots talking crap.Seriously.
9)no comment
10) the only useful deathstreak is final stand and martyrdom(sometimes)  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm
1.Noob tubes are for noobs
2.Soon as i look at a claymore i just die if i dont i dont die....
3.no commet
4.no comment
5.shotguns should be ******** commando
8.Not really im a kid and i dont talk crap until somebody's says i suck but i dot
9.idk
10.it sucks d**k really?  

Young Twon

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

duvaxD

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:48 pm
1) F@^&#*ing noob tube
2) I use sit rep so I rarely die with claymore or any other equipment
3) I really hate hitmarkers thats why I always try to aim the head
4) Yeah.. they have more accuracy than they should, mostly ump and vector
5) I like shotgun as secondary D:
6) I don't care for riot shields, they are really easy to kill d:
7) Commando shouldnt exist >: ( the most annoying thing in the game
8 ) No comment
9) It is fun to use and very good for strategies... but I hate it when used with noob tube
10) I rarely get to use them, but I hate all of them xP  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm
1. Agreed

2. SitRep

3. Stopping power will guarantee one shot kills with the Intervention and Barrett and the WA2000 if you hit the upper chest. M21 still needs headshots.

4. Agreed

5. Shotguns are used in the military as specialized secondary weapons for door breaching and cqc. But the AA12 and the akimbitch weapons need to be nerfed and cut out of the game, respectively.

6. Never have seen a ballistic shield used in the military. Only in police and peacekeeping forces. BTW, riot shields will not stop bullets, ballistic shields will. I don't mind the shield because I don't see it very often, but I don't like how it stops 20mm chain guns from helicopters.

7. Technically the lunge is only four sprinting steps, but it can get annoying.

8. I don't know why IW left this out, especially because of the forced game chat. Should have been the Pro perk for Sitrep.

9. Agreed

10. I don't mind the death streaks, but painkiller need to be toned down a bit.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Xxsniper_baseballxX

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:25 pm
Doug Squared
1. The excessive use of noob tubing.
I know it's cheap to spawn toob on SAD, but it's actually kinda hard. It's basically luck. In CoD4, noob tubing was only used by lower levels; and they didn't use them that long. Personally, I found them annoying when you miss, then get raped by automatic weapons. And for close range, they blow balls.

2. Hardcore claymores vs. peer-to-peer lag.
There really needs to be something done about this. I just know this: if a claymore went off while I was barely around the corner on CoD4, I got away every time if I were crouching and I turned away fast enough. But I will clearly be five feet from the wall, and still get my s**t ******** up on MW2.

3. Sniping
This was also retarded on CoD4. But I'll put it here anyway. ALL snipers should be 1 shot kill. It defeats the purpose of a sniper bullet when you nerf the damage to what it is. I understand someone surviving it if I hit them in the foot or leg. But I clearly shot him in the pelvis. There's no shaking that off.

4. Sub-machine gun and machine gun accuracy.
I don't care if you've had 18 years of expert ranking target practice in the military. You can't shoot a 45 caliber sub machine gun 1000 yards, and hit them. Enough said.

5. Secondary weapons
I hate the fact that shotguns were put into the secondary class. I can understand machine pistols, but shotguns have been used as a tactical close range weapons for years. Not secondary. I was perfectly happy with everyone having a pistol as their secondary.

6. Riot Shields
Wtf?

7. Commando (Pro)
Seriously, a 50 foot epic lunge gets annoying.

8. Eavesdrop
Wtf happened to this perk. I loved listening to bullshit conversation on SAD without them knowing.

9. OMA (Pro)
Gtfo.

10. Deathstreaks
Probably one of the few things that was an upgrade compared to CoD4 was martydom. Martyrdom rarely gets kills now. Which is perfect. Painkiller is a fail. Even though it replaced a whole perk, I still hate it. Painkiller is definitely a nuke blocker. Copycat is just a retarded concept all together. Final Stand is okay, sometimes. Annoying most of the time.

4,5,7 and soooo right  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:52 am
1. noob tubes, hate em but i still use em (to unlock shot gun attachment only)
2. I use sitrep quite often so claymores are ok with me
3. the only sniper rifle i see one shot kill anymore is intervention.
4. no comment.
5. the extra secondary choices do make handguns seem worthless, even desert eagle has greater recoil.
6. riot shield w/throwing knife is the winning combo
7. my answer to commando is m1014, tho sometimes they knife through the buckshot
8. never used eavesdrop
9. dont use it lol its almost a worthless perk, unless your just going for kdr
10. deathstreaks are pretty much the most useless things ever, and painkiller is super buff  

unlikegregory_0

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff