Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
No. DEFINITELY no panicking here. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:35 pm
I got a towel for Christmas! It's lime green, with the words "DON'T PANIC" sewn on it in black letters. I'd put up a picture, but I'm too lazy at the moment (maybe later). It's gorgeous, though.

Sorry. Just felt like bragging. whee

EDIT! I come bearing pictures:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:37 pm
That's so awesome! I want one! This reminds me of this awesome hostel in Berlin. It's the Heart of Gold Hostel...and it's obviously Hitchhikers themed. Their towels said "Don't Panic" on them too. I wanted one! They also had columns in the dining area that had quotes all up and down them...very awesome hostel...best one I went to in Europe, and not just due to the theme. xd  

phlipp

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:32 pm
phlipp
That's so awesome! I want one! This reminds me of this awesome hostel in Berlin. It's the Heart of Gold Hostel...and it's obviously Hitchhikers themed. Their towels said "Don't Panic" on them too. I wanted one! They also had columns in the dining area that had quotes all up and down them...very awesome hostel...best one I went to in Europe, and not just due to the theme. xd
That sounds incredible! If I ever go to Berlin, I'll keep that in mind.

One of my friends went to a summer camp, and there was apparently a cabin called "Cabin 42", though none of the other cabins were numbered. Coincidence? I think not!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:28 am
I am so looking forward to seeing a pic of your Hoopiest of towels. (I love your use of colour in your posts, by the way!)

Man, now I want to go to Germany more than ever!

[edit] *sees towel* omg I want one! That's gotta be the sexiest towel in existance.  

Tinnumir

Super Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:59 pm
//Thats so awesome xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:17 pm
yup. that hostel was way awesome...love the towel!!  

phlipp

rubybox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:56 am
It makes you wonder how many HG2G references you can find anywhere. I've been using Altavista's Babelfish internet translater since circa 1997, way before I even realized what it referred to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:56 pm
Wow. I really want that towel. In fact, I think I'll make one right now...  

kuro-kun

jackKILLEDjill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:10 pm
Great towel, love.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:25 pm
phlipp
I want to go there! That's incredible! Oh, and that's such a froody towel... Although having a towel in such a bright color may or may not defeat the purpose of keeping track of your towel to prove what a hoopy frood you are...  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:13 am
BEST. TOWEL. EVER. *steals and runs away*

...and DAMMIT! Why did I not see that hostel when I went to Berlin! This makes me sad. *huggles towel* I shall return and find it... one day... one day...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:57 pm
Lupe_Oceana
BEST. TOWEL. EVER. *steals and runs away*

...and DAMMIT! Why did I not see that hostel when I went to Berlin! This makes me sad. *huggles towel* I shall return and find it... one day... one day...
Hmmm...if you really want to know where it is I think I can figure it out...  

phlipp

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:49 am
RIP awesome green towel.

Somebody (I don't know who) washed it, and now it no longer says "DON'T PANIC". It now says something like " ON A IC". gonk I'm not panicking, I'm not panicking...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:41 pm
No! That poor towel. gonk
I can't believe it lost most of its letters. Maybe you can sew them back on?

Nuxill

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:53 am
Nuxill
No! That poor towel. gonk
I can't believe it lost most of its letters. Maybe you can sew them back on?
Nope. I literally lost the letters. The dryer probably ate them. gonk  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games