Reply The Gallery
Make a Map for killing eachother Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:26 pm
for the longest time, i've wanted to make a decent map for us to kill eachother on for HL2 DM, but i've either not had the time or the drive to.

COMING THIS SUMMER

i want to make something we can all stand behind, so heres what i want the cult to make, and it will have some requirements:

a artist rendering of a map containing a few good ideas, I'd like it if you could do a couple angles (like your drawing something contained in a cube or prism and imagine you can only see the inside of the walls). make sure you include how the sky should look (day, night, custom texture etc.)

try not to make anything to detailed, I'm not a pro, but i can grind away at something if its awesome enough.

be sure to include a player scale, that way i don't make it too small or big. i'd hate to get that wrong, it'd be annoying to fix.

me along with some other select people will pick the best ideas and have a vote cast, no mules on the vote i wanna know what people really want. so... DON'T G.W.Bush the polls!

if you need more clarity PM me or post here. gettin close to finals week so as soon as finals are over i'll be open for doing the work.

IMPORTANT INFO I FORGOT
For some reason, the latest version of the steam engine (the one tf2 runs off of) does not work in hammer for some gay steam update related reason. the grid lines won't show up and i have no idea what i'm making because of it. so for the time being, i can only make HL2DM maps, but later i could prolly convert the map into the TF2 engine and retexture it. but until steam can fix it or someone knows my plight and how to fix it send me a pm or hit me up on steam or skype. i've tried to get this problem resolved but most methods i found on google didn't do anything for me, they were user moron error fixes.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:09 pm
I'm trying to make a map where at the spawn point you ride a conveyor belt out of green goo. So it's like you're hopping out of clone tanks.

If you can figure out how to make a conveyor belt, you can steal that idea :B  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 pm
[Kegan]
I'm trying to make a map where at the spawn point you ride a conveyor belt out of green goo. So it's like you're hopping out of clone tanks.

If you can figure out how to make a conveyor belt, you can steal that idea :B
i know how to make objects, all of summer is basically gonna be learning these things. i could think of a few ways to make one, i'm sure its an entity that can force people in a direction of your choice, or you can make a moving object, though most maps i've seen it i think its just for show.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:50 pm
I also need to figure out how to make a map with infinite fall.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:55 pm
[Kegan]
I also need to figure out how to make a map with infinite fall.
hmm.... could use a bunch of portal entities and just make a wall of em.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 am
I think it should be kinda like a maze with lots of corners and jumping out on people and taking cover.  

Super Cheesio

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 pm
yeah, wanna have it start out with one big room that kinda looks like that MC echer stairs drawing. its just plain crazy, then have some rooms and sub tunnels that people can warp to and crawl through.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am
i've got a few ideas but i need some input! some people know about the surfing surfaces in the game, where you can glide on a surface at a certain angle, i'm gonna incorporate that into the map. but i need a decent theme.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 am
Surfing surfaces?

Show me some youtube videos.

Also, I use the hammertime plugin these days. It takes some getting used to, makes me with there was a cub tool in sketchup, but I just work one object at a time, and it usually comes out fine.

That is, like 2 months ago, when I last worked on anything.

I haven't had the time to pursue ALL of my hobbies with all of my enthusiasm.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:38 am
I may draw you some concept art some time.  

Super Cheesio

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am
[Kegan]
Surfing surfaces?

Show me some youtube videos.

Also, I use the hammertime plugin these days. It takes some getting used to, makes me with there was a cub tool in sketchup, but I just work one object at a time, and it usually comes out fine.

That is, like 2 months ago, when I last worked on anything.

I haven't had the time to pursue ALL of my hobbies with all of my enthusiasm.
basically in the game its a surface that you can't stand on but its at an angle that would allow you to hold either left or right strafe, then glide along it and steer by looking with your mouse. its really fun once you get it. and can be potentially a deadly manuever in combat.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm
I PRESENT YOU

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

pau_Nfort  

Al Torrenz

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:11 pm
k i'll admit i lol'd  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm
Needs more dildorings platforms.  

Giga Puddin

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 pm
why is your name "in the kitchen"?  
The Gallery