Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Opinions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got this spammy ad in my inbox.
  Plus
  Not
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 pm
User Image

This woman is Plus-Size? What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:19 pm
No, I wouldn't categorize her as plus-size. But then again the add says all sizes so it could range from anorexic to WTF I don't even... lol

They're just using a typical thin good looking woman for the ad.

Buuuuuuuuut if they meant... all sizes WITHIN plus sizes, then the people that made this ad need to share what they're smoking.  

Iakun

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 pm
According to the "Fashion Industry" any woman wearing OVER a size 11 is considered "Plus Size"

But, I assuming that since it says "every style, SIZE & color" that would signify that their model could be any size and not limited to plus sized.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:46 am
I checked out the site. They sell nothing but what they call "plus-size". But you're right, Rini, they're including 12 and up in that category. Which is just so wrong. xp When did "big" come to mean anyone who wasn't tiny?  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:26 pm
Ok yeah, that just sounds messed up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm
I'm not sure when it happened but I know it wasn't all that long ago. Yeah like a size 11 if a "plus" size now. I was like, "Are you *censored for younger audience members...WOW...* kidding me?"

I'm with you when did "big" become "DAMN" in this country. But then again...look at our fast food. I don't know about any of you, but I got a medium meal one time was expecting the typical size things and all of the sudden there is this mammoth sized cup coming through the window. I looked at the lady and was like, "I ordered a medium" She just smiled at me and said, "This is a medium." I was like WTF mate!?

So you take in the super-sizing without ordering super-size and then how they've altered the sizes so you once fit into a size 11 now you feel fat as ever cause they altered it so you now fit into a size 15, AND you add in what they tell ya is "pretty" is really Anorexic and unhealthy and yeah we're just setting ourselves up for an Epic Fail!  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 am
There as NOTHING "plus-sized" about this girl.

I'm pretty strict when it comes to my standards of beauty, but this is just rediculous.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

I remember watching an episode of America's Next Top Model, there was a girl on there who was a "Size 11" and when she went to meet with one of the Fashion Designers he was fussing that she was Plus-Size and wouldn't fit into his designs. He was throwing this huge fit and I was just thinking; wtf? Size 11? Seriously? *shrug*

I hate all of the commercials out there "body fat is ugly!!" and stuff like that. The constant crap like that. I mean, being healthy is what is important. I am a bit overweight, I went to the doctor and she says I'm totally healthy (aside from Asthma that I've had since I was a baby) She said that my weight was no offence to my health at all. So, just because someone is a larger size doesn't make them unhealthy or ugly.

The crap it's putting in the kids of today's head is appalling. Like my little brother, for example. He calls me fat all the time. Everytime I eat anything ...even if it's a simple apple... he asks me "You sure you need to be eating that?" or something similar. He's only 13.

Yeah. You are very right Moonracer about the fast food joints.

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:43 am
Even I find TOO skinny, unattractive.

And that's not clothing, that's a dish rag !!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 pm
She's a plus size for flat chested people. xd  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

Iakun

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm
I actually don't understand why designers want to fit their designs to women who have the body of a pole, or a little boy. The clothes just ends up looking like draped rags or a bag compared to laying on a woman with shape.

Fashion designers think they're hot s**t, but they're honestly living in their own little world of bizarre "artistic" clothing that the majority of us don't give a s**t about since most of it's not practical for every day use.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:21 pm
Totally true. They're messed up!  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm
I watched a runway show once just to see what the hype was about. The very first outfit I saw looked like a lampshade that had been run over by a street sweeper. If the model had sat or spun too fast, it would have fallen off. Just one example of the impracticality of "fashion." xd

I've seen people who were technically underweight but looked perfectly healthy. And I've seen people who were considered overweight but looked not only healthy but damn beautiful. I think people need to quit focusing on numbers and look at the people.

Rini: No offense, but your brother is an uneducated moron. xd Not to mention incredibly rude.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:38 pm
Who the hell voted that she's plus sized? lol geez  

Iakun

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 am
I totally agree. Most of the time they get these tiny-tiny models and then have to pin-up the clothing so it actually fits them ..sort of... (~_~)

@Purple; I know. *rolls eyes* He's "educated" by my stuck up stepfather.

LMAO@Dude's dish rag comment. :3

The girl in the picture actually reminds me a bit of the stripper from the "My Name Is Earl" show.

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff