Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Been watching a lot of dvds lately. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Giving my carpal tunneled arms a rest.
  I get tired of it, tho.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm
I am catching up on my "to watch" list. Yay?  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Yay

I've given up on most movies really.  

Iakun

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:09 am
Do you have plans to post said list!?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Don't bet on it... it would be REALLY long.  

xwhateverxdudex

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:45 am
Omg... I have watched movies for too long... Even the new "Avatar" movie is boring now... (btw, if any of you say it was s**t, I will track you down and gut you into a smiley face on your front lawn.)  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:15 pm
I was talking about the "movie list" not any particular movie.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm
Lol, my "to watch" list is kinda in my head. I could tell you what I've watched most recently...
Lovely Bones
Kill Bill, Parts 1 and 2
Veronica Mars
Stardust
Birds of Prey

There's more, but my mind went blank. xp
Some of the stuff on my list is older. I don't always watch stuff as soon as it comes out. I'm more of a "whenever I get around to it" kind of person. xd

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm
Argh I really want to see the lovely bones. Kill Bill 1 and 2 felt like night and day. I'm neutral on Veronica Mars and the last 2 I don't know about.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm
Stardust is a fantasy romance. Sappy and lots of special effects.

Birds of Prey is an underrated and short-lived series about Batman and Catwoman's daughter, the Huntress. Fantastic, especially if you're a fan of darker superheros.

Veronica Mars is definitely the kind of show I wouldn't have been able to stick with if I'd watched it one episode at a time. You have to watch it all at once to really get into it.

Kill Bill was not bad, but definitely very derivative and comic book-ish.

Lovely Bones is amazing. Beautiful and maddeningly sad. You will cry. But it's worth it. So well done, it's like a piece of art.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:34 pm
Is Stardust that movie with Clair Daines and Michelle feifer(spelling? lol) and Clair Daines' character was a star that fell down to earth or something? If that's the movie then I've seen it lol

Yeah, The Lovely Bones is the one movie I've really been wanting to see lately. My sister bought the book and read it. I wanted to read it too but it's kinda lost somewhere in her pile of junk...  

Iakun

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 am
I am the same way, (not seeing movies as soon as they come out) ...I never go to the theatre. Except to see the new HP films and once that's done ...I probably will not have any care to go to one. Plus, $15 to watch a movie once ...in a crowded room with inconsiderate jerkoffs... is a bit more than I'd care to pay. I'd much rather wait until the movie is a bit older and then buy it, or wait for it to come on television.

Right now, we have Netflix. Which I adore. There are tons of old, and some new, and lots of series to watch instantly. Whenever I get in a certain mood, there is always something I can watch. We actually had our cable disconnected because once we got Netflix, we never watched the cable. (>_<) But, I have a pretty hefty list myself from there. We just watched the newest Indiana Jones movie the other night. (Wasn't impressed) .....And I've heard that the Lovely Bones is very-very good.

No offence at all to NeverMoreRavin, but I've not heard much good about Avatar except it's graphics. Which is something I'm a bit bored with in movies. They focus way too much on the graphics and less and less on the actual storylines.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:26 pm
wow, you watch alot. I want to watch new dvds but I am busy.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm
Birds of Prey was way too short.

But what surprised me is when I heard that it came with a copy of the "Gothem Girls" webisode shorts.
That website isn't even up anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:33 pm
Iakun: Yep, that's the one. 3nodding And I highly recommend putting Lovely Bones at the top of your list.

Rini: I know, theaters are crazy expensive! Netflix is looking like a better and better deal these days. whee Everyone I know who's seen Avatar has said that it was good, but not fabulous. I'm guessing you're right, and they focused more on the F/X than the story. I plan to see it eventually, but it's not at the top of my list.

Dude: Yeah, you heard about it from ME as I recall. xd Birds of Prey was definitely cut far too short, but Gotham Girls was unimpressive. I can see why it didn't warrant it's own dvd set. Only a few of the shorts actually made me laugh, the animation was some of the worst I've seen since the Flintstones, and the best part about it was the excellent voice work. There were definite improvements in the later shorts, but it was still too gimmicky for me. It's apparent efforts at touting "girl power" were really nothing more than skin-tight outfit power. "A" for effort for the creators, but I wouldn't have bought it on its own.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 am
Yeah, it really was nothing more then a gimick.
They used the original people for their character voices as I recall.
And many spots online had points where you could stop the story and examine something in the distance.
And well as mini games to play while you waited for the episode to load.
They even had a "choose who the main villian will be" poll.

But yeah...
Definately not good enough to get it's own DVD.
At least the comic books are collectors items now. LOL ^.^  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces