Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Purity Question...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
The art of being wise

heart I was more or less bored when my friend asked me to borrow my Sailor Moon #5 and 6. Seeing the books got me thinking (be prepared xD)

In both anime and manga, Rini turns into Wicked Lady (no s**t, though the reasons are somewhat different in either). My thoughts also run more towards the anime, so bear with me.
In the anime, she turns into Wicked Lady and comes back only after she's assured that she's loved (which took several times) and whatever else they thought of.
But here's my question: how can she have THE pure heart when she was the one who was hurting people at the end of the R arc, ranging from good to bad? (Remember, she did also help kill Sapphire). I can see her Imperium Silver Crystal being taken in the manga since the thing holds immeasurable power and Hotaru got a kick out of that. But how can she have a pure heart when she's killed and hurt alot of people? Any of the Sailor Scouts could have a purer heart in my opinion (though that would defeat the purpose of defeating Pharoah 90, I guess)

The other thing that bugs me is the Golden Mirror. I think somewhere in the anime it says she's got the "pure mirror" because it's gold. As for the manga, it's more like mistaken identity on Helios' part since he thought Sailor Moon was the "Little Maiden" he was looking for...or something like that.... heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 am
They could be going off the ideal that during that time, she was "brain washed" and taken over which meant these actions were not that of her own free will. With that, she is given a clean slate since she was able to gain her consciousness and free will back by being "loved".

What bugged me in anime about the whole "Wicked Lady" Saga was how she was all over her father romantically. It was totally creepy!  

AquaTonic

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 am
@Aqua: Well she was like that in the Manga too. And actually -did- kiss him. Of course it's because her love for her father and her mini crush on Mamoru got totally twisted up and became that. It's part of the whole "See, she's EVIL"

Hm..

I think, the only reason they did that, really is because they weren't even following the manga. I have issues with SuperS. A LOT of issues (Like the Golden crystal and all. Gods that ticked me off when I saw what happened. Stupid male director. Only reason why Tux didn't get anything good. >/ )

Aside from that, I would imagine since she got the Silver Crystal again, that it 'purified' her. Since, that's what the stone does. So that's how she ended up like that.

And I really wouldn't call her Dream 'pure' it's still more selfish then not. Her dream is to be a Real Lady. That's not exactly, "I wanna keep peace and help everyone" type a dream that could be considered pure.

The Golden Mirror bit is just where Helios was hiding. And an excuse for Chibiusa to have yet another entire. Season. About -her-.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:09 pm
I don't think Chibi-Usa is the only person who could potentially have a Golden Mirror, as far as SuperS goes. The Golden Mirror is just an indicator that Helios be chillin' in that person's dreams; if Helios decided to go hang out in, I dunno, Burt Reynolds' dreams, Burt Reynolds would have a Golden Mirror. Helios was all over Chibi-Usa's mirror because she supposedly had "such beautiful dreams."

Going back to the original issue, I would say that very little of anything Chibi-Usa did as Black Lady was within her control. Chibi-Usa, in both versions, was trapped in a storm in the space-time continuum and alone when Wiseman found her, and used her fear to fill her up with Generic Evil Energy. It could be argued that 90% of the bad things she did was down to Wiseman; he may even have been straight-up controlling her...hence why none of this would chalk up to her pure heart.

Another argument could be that Chibi-Usa's heart wasn't totally pure until it knew a true friend, which Chibi-Usa didn't ever really have until she met Hotaru. At the point of S, Chibi-Usa was going through a lot of new experiences that led to her growth as a person, like her soldier training, a greater streak of justified independence, and of course meeting Hotaru. Chibi-Usa's love for Hotaru was totally pure, which is why it was the perfect food for Mistress 9.

Oh, and >.> Don't knock on Ikuhara. Man went on to write/direct Revolutionary Girl Utena, dude. I hear tell his vision for SuperS was even more different than the manga and I'd put down the overall Fail of SuperS to being a clash between two great minds, that's all.  

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 pm
D: I didn't care much for Utena entirely. '3' That might say something.

Then again the storylines are SO different and the authors of Sailor Moon AND Utena are two different people. I think with Utena the series was finished. Sailor Moon hadn't been finished quite yet. Or maybe it had been. I'm still not a SuperS fan. Even though I loved Nehellenia. I wished it was more about Tuxedo then the pink haired brat.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games