Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classic Old School ANime

Back to Guilds

This is a Guild about Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, and all those old classics! 

Tags: Anime, Sailor Moon, Japanese Culture, Yuri, Shoujo 

Reply ~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~
A simple Tenchi Muyo poll... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiyone or Noike?
Kiyone!
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Noike!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Llamas :B!
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

LadyKeia

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:14 pm
Which character do you prefer?

I've been a fan of Tenchi since 2000. I didn't like Kiyone at first, but she grew on me and is one of my fave characters. I gave Noike a chance but just could never like her. She's, to me, a Mary Sue and yells at Mihoshi for stupid reasons.. we can't have that.

Kiyone is awesome! She has a big red spaceship, has an orange headband and is Mihoshi's best friend despite her complaining. Miho-Kiyo rock <3

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Kiyone&order=9&offset=144#/dfeskf

Discuss:
-Kiyone
-Noike
-Why you like either of them
-Llama hearding  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:51 pm
Anyone who puts up with Mihoshi as much as Kiyone does certainly deserves my vote <.<;  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chibi Riku 22

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:42 am
Well, I haven't seen any naughty Noike pics so I'm sticking with what I know. Kiyone all the way.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm
Chibi you dirty man, i like Kiyone as Noike just seemed so i dont know a add in for the sake of adding someone new  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:14 am
Chibi Riku 22
Well, I haven't seen any naughty Noike pics so I'm sticking with what I know. Kiyone all the way.

...You're trying to make up for Yami being gone...aren't you? >.<  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 pm
I don't really like any of the characters in TU and TiT because the characterization is just not as good as it is in T!M. Everyone has about as much dimensionality as a piece of cardboard.

I do kind of like Kiyone though, probably because she is only in those shows. However, I still sort of resent the fact that the dynamic between her and Mihoshi is about as shallow as Mihoshi's personality in TU and TiT. ^^' Mihoshi is nothing more than a dumb blonde and Kiyone yells at her all of the time. Big deal.

Also, I don't think Noike yelled at Mihoshi for dumb reasons...she just appeared to be hyperaware of the dynamic of the Tenchi household and knew when she needed to keep Mihoshi from causing problems. Her super intuitiveness pissed me off though because I hate Mary-Sues and she is definitely one. crying

Even though I have problems with both, Kiyone > Noike. At least Kiyone isn't a Mary-Sue and has a way cooler character design.  

CasualCabbit

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm
Yeah Mary Sues can be really lame, and I have to feel for poor Kiyone still.

Well Fanime was fun, and I got myself some new figurines! heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:22 am
lol at Noike being a mary sue bahahaha, while i don't like her as much as the rest i wouldnt say shes a mary sue, mean tenchi Ryoko Washy all could fall under the same catergory would they not and Noike didnt really display any of her powers if she has any, so she kept a chaotic house rather easily she is related to lady seto, whos says she hasn't had to ruffle up a pile of Jurain nobles or something.

Just because she can keep Ryoko, Ayeka and Mihoshi in line doesn't make her a mary sue  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:45 pm
True. I mean Sasami is kind of a Mary Sue if you think about it. She usually manages to keep things from going too far most of the time ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 am
in truth is in Tenchi everyone is powerful overly powerful so none are mary sues or they all are *shrtugs easiest way to put it biggrin  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:00 pm
A Mary Sue isn't really about how powerful they are, but how "perfect" they are more overall. Ryoko isn't really a Mary Sue considering how lazy and other stuff she is. Sasami is like the perfect Japanese Housewife already, and when she grows older she becomes a Goddess! I mean what else could you ask for??

I mean Ayeka is kind of a spoiled haughty b***h. You can't honestly tell me that she's "perfect" or close to it =P  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:14 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
A Mary Sue isn't really about how powerful they are, but how "perfect" they are more overall. Ryoko isn't really a Mary Sue considering how lazy and other stuff she is. Sasami is like the perfect Japanese Housewife already, and when she grows older she becomes a Goddess! I mean what else could you ask for??

I mean Ayeka is kind of a spoiled haughty b***h. You can't honestly tell me that she's "perfect" or close to it =P

well i based it on power to be honest as thats what everyone complains about first in fan ficition to be honest  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm
C'mon? Really? Ryoko? She's pretty powerful, but both Tenchi and Tsunami totally make her look weak. Now Sasami is the ultimate Mary Sue considering she has both power and personality.

Also it depends on the genre as well, it's not just power. If the character is just too perfect in a comedy or whatever it's just as bad  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:08 am
Ayanami Rei First Child
C'mon? Really? Ryoko? She's pretty powerful, but both Tenchi and Tsunami totally make her look weak. Now Sasami is the ultimate Mary Sue considering she has both power and personality.

Also it depends on the genre as well, it's not just power. If the character is just too perfect in a comedy or whatever it's just as bad

dont watch many comedys actually surprised  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Well even the romance in action shows, the non-fighting love interest can be a big Mary Sue. I can't really remember any too much off the top of my head, except for Sasami/Tsunami.  
~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff