Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Gen5 - White/Black
Pokemon White and Black Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one looks cooler?
  Reshiram
  Zekrom
View Results

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 am
In case you haven't stopped by there lately, Pokemon.com has a new intro trailer featuring the two legendary pokemon from the upcoming Pokemon White and Pokemon Black! Their names are Reshiram and Zekrom.

Maybe it's just me, but Zekrom seems to bear a pretty close resemblance to Palkia.

Anyway, check 'em out at at Pokemon Black and White and at Pokemon.com Games!  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 pm
Zecrom does look like palkia. Anyway, ZECROM'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!! scream  

firestar1099
Crew

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:29 pm
Gonna go with Zek-Zek (yup already nicknamed it) and just to mess with everyone I want to be the first Dragon/Fire type. Cause I already know everyone is thinking it's a dark/steel or a dark/dragon type but I want shake things up.

Let it be a Dragon/Fire type.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 pm
Well I already know thanks to Serebii 100% that both of them will be part Dragons. We just don't know what the other type will be.

Personally, as most people would say, I think that Zek will be Dark/Dragon

I'm not sure what Reshiram would be.
Flying, Psychic, Normal even...

Maybe to fit the theme of B/W, they add a Light type? >_>

NDG Silver

Tricky Phantom

Gielwich

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:18 pm
Zek is Dragon-electric.

Ran is flying-dragon I think >.<

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 am
to me: it's Reshiram that looks like palkia whereas Zekrom resembles both tyrannitar and Dragonite

Zekrom seems to catch my fancy but:
i really want to play White version, so what i'm hoping they'll do is yin-yang it, (black pokemon in white version white pokemon in black version) so that way Zekrom is given to us white-players tradelessly

Electric dragon and fire dragon to unique types i'd like t see and they'd be good for these two:
Zekrom looks good as a elec dragon due to black thunderclouds and Reshiram looks cool as a fire dragon with the concept of white-hot fire

we can only hope

but hey dark dragon is wanted too

dragon flying is just too common nowadays but hey normal dragon sounds cool too

EIDT:
i just looked at serebii: turns out they did yin-yang it, Zekrom, who is colored black = white version legendart, Reshiram, who is white = Black verison legendary
Also a note if you look at their legs reshiram has palkia's feet, whereas zekrom has dialga-like feet but reshiram's leges have the jagged lines of palkia's armor and zekrom's legs ar eposed like palkia's from pearl version. pokemon white here i come to shine my light  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

Dango Unchained

Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 am
i saw them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm
TYPE CONFIRM

turns out an edition of CoroCoro came out two weeks after these guy's revelation and listed their types and abilities as well as several other new pokemon

Reshiram
Dragon/Fire
TurboBlaze
White Yang Pokemon
version: Black

Zekrom
Dragon/Electric
TeraVoltage
Black Yin Pokemon
Version: White

so it seems my dream of a fire/dragon has been achieved, as well as my dream of an elec dragon

also it seems the whole concept of Gen5 is YIN/YANG
---white verion has the black-colored Zekrom legend, and Black version has the White-colored Reshiram Legend

plus: Meguroko, the new groud type revealed, looks adoarble, but me and bacon(fire-starter 5thgen nic-name) will cook him for dinner  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 pm
YAY! Pokemon/Nintendo has read my letters! crying Now if they add 30 PC boxes than I really will happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:48 am
they need to answer mine about:
Fighting/Flying type
Dragon/Dark
Electric/Fire
Fire/Water
Fire/Grass
Fire/bug
Steel/Dark
Psychic/Dark
Fire/Ghost
Steel/Ghost
Bug/Dragon
Fire/Ice
&
grass/ground

mainly that fire/bug and that steel/dark, and most importantly that fire/electric
those are the type-matchups i dream for  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:50 am
Interesting matchups! I think most of them would work, but Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, and Fire/Grass seem unlikely. I can't really see the Fighting/Flying either, unless it's something like a Flying Monkey! *LOL* But Staraptor can learn Close Combat, so that's something, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:14 am
dklepto
Interesting matchups! I think most of them would work, but Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, and Fire/Grass seem unlikely. I can't really see the Fighting/Flying either, unless it's something like a Flying Monkey! *LOL* But Staraptor can learn Close Combat, so that's something, right?

well look at it this way: combine the flame with the other part to make a modern-day item:

Fire/Water = Steam (not rain, steam, as i nboiling water, not evaporating rain is thus Light+water because the sun evaporates water)

Fire/Ice = HEAT, (looking at the pokemon like Dewgong whom have thick fat: both resist to fire and ice, proves that there is some reference to the fact that hot and cold both only meausre how much heat soemthing has)

Fire/Grass as in a Volcanic Plant (Many volcanoes are covered in lush beautiful plants because volcanic soils is many items richer than non volcanic soil hence why a lot of tropical volcanic isles had forests despite being active volcanoes)

all logically explained, just awkward to create into a creature

As for Fighting/Flying:
doable, yes, i mean look at togetic: stands bi-pedal, has arms and wings and can walk, wave, and fly, just make it bigger and teach it martial arts and we've got a miniature Angel or Demon on our hands

Fire/elec though thats the doozy it's the one pokemon FOR ME:
Fire and electricity give us both three things: light, power, and communication(smoke signals, e-mail) but let's roll with Power:
this pokemon would be based on being a brute but would have low base HP, it's usefulness would be that i's not weak to water and if it levitated which is doable by it's elemental combo, it'd be safe from ground by norm rules and would be this insane powerhouse ready to kick butt in-game or wherever it was used

now this one i want: Fire/Bug
---i saw a yu-gi-oh card called, "Blazewing Butterfly" it's basically a bug with flames for wings, thats how this'd be pulled off with either swarm or technician

so yep all are feesable.doable, when yo uthink about them, but yeah not done yet, and i noticed Pokemon has deficiency of fire-types overall, so they need to add these types ASAP  

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:57 pm
Now that you've explained them, I can see some of them better. Specifically, all I can think of for fire/grass is a hybrid of Torkoal and Torterra! Maybe they could add an evolution for Torkoal, in which its back is covered with volcanic plants...like how sometimes turtles look like they have moss growing on their backs anyway.

I'm not sure what kind of creature could do the Fire/Water and Fire/Ice, though...even if they went with attacks based on steam and heat, that wouldn't leave much room for actual fire attacks, and ditto with the ice... I'll have to keep thinking on that one!

But Fire/Bug seems like a natural combination! As in: Fireflies!! XD Of course, a Firefly could also be Fire/Electric or Flying/Electric, so...hmmm....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm
I actually had a thought on what a steel ghost would be like...

Simply put, a cursed armor or a cursed weapon with a ghostly aura to it. It'd no doubt be interesting. If we were to assume it'd be a weapon such as a sword, they could give it levitate, making it's only weakness fire. Because Steel makes a resistance to the weaknesses of Ghost, making this a very strong typing. Attacks such as Slash, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge, Metal Burst, and possibly a few ghost and steel stabs would be no doubt useful for it.

NDG Silver

Tricky Phantom

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Really, for Fire/Ice i think a Tiger would do: as for why: orange=fire/white=ice

for fire/water that one's quite simple: a Toad (have have frogs not toads) able to breathe underwater but relies on hot temps to survive

the fire Bug however, that one actually the hardest:
starting with fireflies we have beetles, which we now have two: heracross and pinsir. then moving to butterflies, we have two: beautifly and butterfree, likewise we have two different wasps: beedrill and vespiquen, these are the most likely bugs to be chosen for fire/bug. however one bug know we dont have is: a Roach
---roaches make up for this too, they can easily survive and rebuild after an A-bomb, making them resistant to burning = fire
and they are and insect = bug
and with swarm, or a new ability based for 2v2 or 3v3 battles, their purpose is met

fire ghost: now that one i wanna see this for:
Think of LOTR's Balrog, but only take it's smoke-aura and gargoyle-ish design and add Ghastly and blend: a purple-fire pokemon that looks like a ghostly gargoyle made of purple lava
----imo, demonic but awesome

i'll edit alter with idea for the others forms as well  
Gen5 - White/Black

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas