Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Help me understand the occult?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:34 pm
I would like to understand a bit more about witchcraft, and the ways of meditaion and astral projecting. I also am interested in spells. Anyone who thinks they could give me a step by step process as to explaining exactly how to do these things, I would much appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 pm
Spells and witchcraft are very general things that have whole guilds dedicated to them, I wouldn't expect very much in the way of a step-by-step process for all that. Just look around the guild, see what you find. razz

As for the Astral Projection, I can't help you there, as personally I have no evidence to support any specific method of achieving Projection.

Now meditation is relatively simple if you know what you're looking for in it. There's already a post about it located HERE.
Take a look through it and you should find what you need. Just reply here with any further questions and I'll see what I can do to help.  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 pm
Thank you, I found the link very helpful. 3nodding I do have further questions, but its moreso about Wicca (which I have been thinking about for some time.) Do you happen to be Wiccan? Or know someone who is and can explain to me exactly what it is? heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am
To sum it up, Wicca is a Neo-Pagan religion. I'm going to quote from the article on Wikipedia and give you a few links that I think will be helpful.

Quote:
Wicca (pronounced wɪkə) is a Neo-Pagan religion and a form of modern witchcraft. It is often referred to as Witchcraft or the Craft by its adherents, who are known as Wiccans or Witches. Its disputed origins lie in England in the early 20th century, though it was first popularized during the 1950s by Gerald Gardner, a retired British civil servant, who at the time called it the "witch cult" and "witchcraft", and its adherents "the Wica". From the 1960s the name of the religion was normalized to "Wicca".

Complete Wikipedia Article
Witchvox: Witches Voice
About.com: Paganism & Wicca
Pagans.org: Wicca Section
Wicca.com: The Celtic Connections

Also, there's plenty of Youtube users that post videos about Pagan traditions. I've watched countless videos on there, and 99% of them are extremely helpful. If you want to find other articles about specific aspects of Paganism, then google is your best friend. And from what I've read and watched, this particular book is very helpful for people that are just getting started.

Good luck with your research.

Broken Ballad

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm
There isn't much more I can say then what Broken Ballad has said already. Even going so far as to add attachments, very nice.

The most I can say now is keep your mind open for everything you may encounter.
And there are those who are in it for the life it and honer it represents.
But do not trust those that do it for the life style if shows. Be weary when dealing with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm
In the realm of astral projection, I've personally found two ways to begin exploring it.

The first of which is through something called 'lucid dreaming'. Basically, lucid dreaming is when you are asleep and dreaming, obviously, but have complete control of the environment and your actions. It's a sort of an environment in which you can construct just about anything you wish, and let it feel real.

There are a ton of websites and sources that can tell you more about lucid dreaming and strategies to achieve it. This would be the approach that I'd start with, kind of a warm-up for your mind, if it isn't used to dealing with things like this.

Secondly, you might want to consider playing minor telepathy-encouraging games with someone you know very well, preferably someone with similar interests, and in a real-time environment. These help to promote various things, but mostly remote viewing, and potentially a little empathy, prerecognition, and (very arguably) telekinesis with the cards.

For example, when I was getting into playing around with things like astral projection and remote viewing, I'd call up or IM a friend, sit or lie down in a comfortable position, and play a basic guessing game (guess the color, fruit, shape, etc.). For the game, I suggest you focus on visualization.

The goal of these games isn't to make them guess the wrong object, but to help them guess the right one without saying any clues. They work best with people you already know well and trust so that there's already somewhat of a bond established.

If you don't want to do this sort of thing with a friend, consider playing on your own with a deck of cards, the game being simple: guess the card. Chances are, you'll get at least one aspect of the card right (suit, number, face, etc.). Once you get one aspect regularly, try for two and so on. You can also find a goodly handful of games like this online, if I recall.

Anyway, this sort of thing is pretty wishy-washy and I don't suggest you take it too seriously. As always, take it with a grain of salt and a smile on your face. Don't get discouraged if things don't work out well in the beginning. You'll probably get better as time goes on-- just try not to force it.

Oh-- and sorry about the super long post. Just remember to have fun. blaugh

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers