Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply My Stuff
Kagome's Art Contest ~ Layout - OVER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm
Kagome's Random Art Contest!

Hey all, I'm Kagome (obviously) and I have been away from gaia for months. As I returned, I realized that I am not as into purchasing pets from all but a few of my regular shops that I used to frequent and now have all this gold that I have no use for. As I love art, I figured why not spread the wealth around and share it with the artists.

Now I like avi art, as well as my pets, and pictures of myself drawn in the anime style (which is something new for me and I have only commissioned one such work thus far). My contests are going to range from drawing me, to drawing some of my avatars, to drawing me with my pets. That way I get a range of different artwork, and you all get to pick what you want to draw and are not stuck drawing something that bores you.

But here is the catch ... I won't just be judging on skill. Some prizes will still go to the best drawn pictures, while others will be given for those who really get the essense of me in their drawings (whether of just me or me with my various pets). I will also give out a prize to the person who show character, friendliness, etc. even if they don't turn in a piece of artwork. Why? do you ask. Because it would be boring just bumping around the contest thread waiting for art. I like talking and making friends and what better way to do that than by getting to know some of the people participating in my contest or hanging around chatting.

Last, please read all the rules to the section you are entering. I would rather not have to disqualify you from winning because the rules weren't followed. Just a hint: I prefer colored artwork!

END DATE: Tuesday, July 20th, 2010 (Meaning better to have your submissions in by July 19th, just in case I decide to end the contest early on the 20th!) And for those who are wondering, I am in EST time zone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Draw My Avatar Contest!

So on to the first contest. This is a regular contest most of you have seen. In the next post will be some of my random avatars that I have done in the past and really enjoyed and wouldn't mind some avatar art of. Some have already been drawn and some haven't.

Rules:
1. Must be orignal art.
2. Must be one of the avatars in the next post.
3. May draw with a background or any pose you like.
4. I would prefer entries to be colored, but they do not have to be.
5. May enter with 2 different avatars but may not submit more than 1 submission per avatar. (In other words: Only two submissions allowed for this contest and must be of different avatars, not the same one.)
6. Be nice to other contestants and do not (I mean DO NOT) criticize or say anything mean about others artwork.
7. You do not have to include every item on the avatar.
8. You may only win 1 category of this contest, but you may win in the other contests (Me Anime Style or Me With Pets) if you choose to enter more than 1 contest.
9. Follow all of the list rules for entering an art contest that Gaia requires. (Look at stickies in this forum if you are unsure of them).
10. Art theft will NOT be tolerated and will be reported and have an immediate disqualification.
11. Any style is acceptable so long as it is PG-13 (Chibi, CG, Full Body, head shot, sketch, etc.)
***12. To submit: Post the picture as and image link with which contest you are entering or a url link if the picture is too big.

[img]URL HERE[/img] + WHICH CONTEST

[url=URL HERE]WHICH CONTEST[/url]

Prizes:
~Best Drawn: 75,000 gold (Backgrounds, different poses, make it originals and you are more likely to get this spot)
~Runner-up: 50,000 gold
~Favorite: 20,000 gold (Doesn't have to be best drawn, just has to make me smile the most)
~Everyone Else: 1,000-5,000 gold depending on quality of the work and how much I like it.

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 pm
The Avatars!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image

Some of these are easier to draw than others, but I wanted to give a range of levels and styles so that anyone who wanted to try could without feeling overwhelmed. Some have backgrounds with them, you can include them or not. The choice is yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

This is where all of the entrants and their entries for the avatar contest will be posted.

Entrants:

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 pm
Draw Me Anime Style!

Second contest time. As I mentioned before, I recently got into wanting art of me drawn in the style of anime. The next post is where you will see a few recent pictures of me (and my cat if you want to add my cat into the picture) as well as the simple anime style artwork that was commissed from Amazing Q. You are not to copy Amazing Q's drawing. It is his art, and his alone.

Rules:
1. Must be orignal art.
2. Must draw me with or without my cat.
5. May have only 1 submission for this contest.
6. Be nice to other contestants and do not (I mean DO NOT) criticize or say anything mean about others artwork.
7. You may play around with different outfits. Do not have to be the simple ones that you see me wearing.
8. You may only win 1 category of this contest, but you may win in the other contests (Avatar or Me With Pets) if you choose to enter more than 1 contest.
9. Follow all of the list rules for entering an art contest that Gaia requires. (Look at stickies in this forum if you are unsure of them).
10. Be creative and the closer to my personality you get, the more likely you win.
11. Amazing Q's artwork is not to be copied, it is only there as a reference for those of you attempting this contest. Make sure you incorporate you own ideas, otherwise if I notice that it is very similar to Amazing Q's artwork, you will NOT win.
12. Art theft will NOT be tolerated and will be reported and have an immediate disqualification.
13. Any style is acceptable so long as it is PG-13 (Chibi, CG, Full Body, head shot, sketch, etc.)
***14. To submit: Post the picture as and image link with which contest you are entering or a url link if the picture is too big.

Prizes:
~Best Drawn & Captures the Essense of Me: 75,000 gold (Not sure what my essence is? Well get to know me, ask me questions, chat with me. I'm sure you will learn something if you try.)
~Best Drawn: 50,000 gold
~Best Essense of Me: 20,000 gold (Doesn't have to be best drawn, just has to make me smile the most)
~Everyone Else: 1,000-5,000 gold depending on quality of the work and how much I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:35 pm
Reference Pictures!

Camera Shots
Paint Pose
Hat
Braids
Hair Down

Pet:
Misty
Misty 2
Misty 3

Amazing Q's Representation:
User Image

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm
Draw Me Anime Style Contest Entries!

This is where all of the entrants and their entries for the Draw Me Anime Style contest will be posted.

Entrants:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm
Draw Me With Favorite Gaian Pets!

This is the last of the contests. Here I want you to draw either my avatar or a picture of me (reference pictures in previous posts) with one or more of my favorite gaian pets which will be pictured in the next post. I want to be interacting with the pets and I want something I will enjoy.

Rules:
1. Must be orignal art.
2. Must draw either my avatar or myself in anime style with one or more of my favorite gaian pets doing something.
5. May have only 1 submission for this contest.
7. You may play around with different outfits if you choose to draw me anime style. Do not have to be the simple ones that you see me wearing.
8. You may only win 1 category of this contest, but you may win in the other contests (Avatar Contest or Draw Me in Anime Style) if you choose to enter more than 1 contest.
10. Be creative and the closer to my personality you get, the more likely you win.
11. This one is most likely the hardest contest because the art needs to have personality.
12. Art theft will NOT be tolerated and will be reported and have an immediate disqualification.
13. Any style is acceptable so long as it is PG-13 (Chibi, CG, Full Body, head shot, sketch, etc.)
***14. To submit: Post the picture as and image link with which contest you are entering or a url link if the picture is too big.

Prizes:
~Best Drawn Work with Me or My Avatars Interacting With Pets: 100,000 gold (Detail! Backgrounds are good, and color is a definate eye catcher. I want emotion and personality in the art and the person who get get this is likely going to win.)
~Runner-up: 70,000 gold
~Everyone Else: 5,000-10,000 gold depending on quality of the work and how much I like it.

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Favorite Gaian Pets!

These are some of my favorite pets that I have collected while on gaia. Enjoy drawing them in fun scenes with my avatars or myself in anime style. Again I give you a variety to pick and choose from. I've seperated them by shop in case you are curious where they came from. Because of the sheer size of the images, I have left these pictures as links. Click on them to see the different pets and choose which pet (or pets) you want to draw. Oh and if you want any of the links for the pet shops, just ask.

Whimsicals
Fae
T.J.
Elines
Ichigo
Silverado
Len
Bijou

The Fox Hole
Karin
Hon
Tokala
Sakura

Savah Arda
Harmony
Emanuel

Blessings Of Shikoku
Cocoa

Jokoa
Yasu

Forest of Tranquility
Alex

On Wings of Myth
Alexis
Iris

Land of Rideah
Selana
Rocker
Dwayne

Illumens
Rina

Star Chasers
Reiso

Vale of Voluspa
Una

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Entrants for Me With Pets

Other Prizes

RESERVED

OPEN  

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 am
Draw Me With Favorite Gaian Pets Contest Entries!

This is where all of the entrants and their entries for the Draw Me (Either Avatar or Myself in Anime Style) With My Favorite Gaian Pets contest will be posted.

Entrants:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 am
Other Prizes!

This is where the other prizes (non drawing prizes) will go. I don't know what I will be doing for these winners yet as I haven't yet decided.

Best Personality: I want friendly people to come and chat. Don't just join and leave until winners are announced. This person doesn't have to enter the contests but can be a contestant as well. I may give out multiple of these or just 1 depending on my mood.

Random Prizes: Who knows when I will randomly decide to hold a mini contest or something for fun and will be giving out a random prizes if I have time and am in the mood.

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
My Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers