Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
FFXIII for Ps2? :( Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want FFXIII on Ps2?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

lKreme
Crew

Dangerous Seeker

7,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 pm
Hi guys, is there any FFXIII available for ps2? I want to play FFXIII but its only for Ps3 or Xbox crying any opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm
Hey, there. Hate to say it, but... It ain't going to be for ps2. For one, the graphics put into XIII are probably too high for a ps2 to support. And, it's a video game industry thing; the ps2 is an older system. They're trying to move out of it by beginning to make games for ps3 that aren't compatible with 2, which is better and all that. Sucks, but pretty soon there will be no more ps2 games out, if they haven't stopped already. There's still plenty of games out there I need to get though. XP Devil May Cry, anyone?

Otherwise I'm afraid all I can advise you on is save up your money for a $300+ ps3 biggrin I know I have to.  

HyperActivity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aeshien

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:41 pm
...sadly no..no FFXIII on ps2
ps2 was more abt fun and gameplay
ps3+360 is abt graphics...
atleast the wii is doing well... :'(  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:37 pm
ugh no...
but I really wished there would be since I dont have a ps3/xbox >.<
maybe somehow somewhere there would be an emulator for ps3 or something (maybe in the future?)  

smileycentralme
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:33 am
Unfortunately, it can't happen. I mean it can but I don't think it would be profitable enough for Sqaure-Enix to bother anymore. Save up and buy either a PS3 or an Xbox; whichever you prefer. For PS3's case, it can play on standard TV so there's no worries about having no HDTV atm.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 am
XBox 360 can play on a standard television set as well. I'm using an old one my brother got from Japan when he was stationed there in the military so that I can play it in my room. It works fine and the graphics are still pretty. ^^  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

lKreme
Crew

Dangerous Seeker

7,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 am
Oh sad i guess ill just wait in the future, thanks for the replies ^^,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:15 am
I heard that they were going to make it for PS2, but they decided to make it for PS3. Why? I don't know that. Maybe because the PS2 is getting old and they want to keep their games newer?

But sadly (and I was SO mad, too), they don't make it for PS2, which is what I have.  

SophieMorita

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am
well i modded my Ps3 to be able to go online like a ps3 and play ps3,wii and xbox 360 with Hd graphics so i never had a hard time looking for game ^.^ but the graphics for the game could kill you PS3 if you tried to put it in it =0  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:31 pm
well lol, you can play heaps of them
FF 9 10,10-2,11 and 12
I'm not sure about 8 and 9 but i think you can...
FFVII is on ps2 as well, I'm pretty sure
there's heaps of others too. like Dissida and other added on games
Are you going to get and Xbox or ps3?? i think Suare would be releasing most FF's on Ps3 because the ps2 has always been the console for FF. they just decided to give it a shot at releasing one on Xbox i think. i know they're releasing there next XIII (Versus) on Ps3 and they might be giving Xbox another try, just maybe  

Lightning_Ferris_13

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Autobiographer 200

The Wrath Of Sorrow

2,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 pm
Trust me, I know that feeling. I have a PlayStation2. I have quite a lot of FF games for it, and it was a shame it didn't come out for it. I do have an Xbox 360 though, but I don't have FFXIII. *Counts Down Until Birthday*. Regardless, I doubt it would be released for PlayStation2, as it was stated. Just save up your pennies. And take it from me, I know it sucks. I got a bunch of FF games, and then my PlayStation2 broke and I had to wait a year for a new one. *Worst year of my life*.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm
I really want to play FFXIII but I don't have the systems. I ony have a PS2. I wish they'd make it for that system. sad  

Tempted Rogue Angel

Karazn

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:59 pm
hopefully it will be on the next psp since i hear it has the same power as the ps3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 pm
Oh im planning to save for buying a ps3 or psp which is better? O:  

lKreme
Crew

Dangerous Seeker

7,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 pm
Depends on what you like. I personally loathe the PSP, though it has more Final Fantasy games out for it. (Tactics WotL, Final Fantasy I and II, Crisis Core, Dissidia and Dissidia 012, VII and VIII through PSN..) I guess it's up to your liking.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff