Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
I Keep Staring At things For Long Peroids Of Time HELP!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:42 pm
I keep staring at things for long periods of time but it's not normal because I can't move and I feel like I'm having a panic attack. any idea to what it is?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:50 pm
id say your just zoning out, but the "I can't move" part just makes it sound like some kind of paralysis, id say you could be in a trance, "I keep staring at things" indicates that its recurring... meaning the cause could be mental (your self), 2nd party (someone close by) or an object might do it...(something that effects one of the 5 senses subconsciously)

or... you might just be a hypochondriac... or you could just be sick...

i could sit around all day listing possibilities, your better off just shrugging it off or hitting up a doctor...  

monkeyice737

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:25 pm
I think it might be the trance part. Or maybe you're zoning out of this reality and zoning into something else.

I did something like that myself about 3 or 4 times except the first two times I did it, I saw a swirling vortex. The third time I did what you did. The 4th time, I started seeing space all around me and this fighter guy tornado knee drill me in the back although I was fully awake.

Sometimes I wonder what might have happened if I allowed myself to go deeper into that vortex. Might have died or I might of discovered something important.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 pm
oh.....when it happens whatever i stare at its like a black outlining around it and then if it goes on long enough everything goes black except that one thing  

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:54 pm
You seem to be having a combination of experiences that I've had. If I stare at something long enough, the outer edges begin to darken.

You may be developing an intense concentration ability or a slight failure in your brain. I suggest you contact a doctor the next time it occurs. You may be having a mental development for the better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:20 pm
yay im soo lucky! my life is just one thing after another  

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 pm
Yep. Gotta love it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm
I know huh!  

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm
Makes life all the more interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am
I've managed to focus on something to the extent that everything else gets blacked out, but never has that been accompanied by paralysis or feelings similar to a panic attack. I'm vaguely reminded of the idea that you can hypnotise chickens by drawing a line in front of them on the ground.

It doesn't sound altogether supernatural to me, however; the zoning out isn't accompanied by anything paranormal, nor does it seem to perform any inexplicable function (although it could certainly be used as a function itself), so my guess is that it's just a minor psychological quirk -- unless of course it happens to greatly interfere with your everyday life, in which case it's intrusive and abnormal, and you should maybe consider seeing a professional psychiatrist.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:03 pm
Vertebrae by Vertebrae
I keep staring at things for long periods of time but it's not normal because I can't move and I feel like I'm having a panic attack. any idea to what it is?

That has happened to me many times.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 pm
Thank you for your responses <3  

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:33 pm
Isn't it good to know that it's somewhat normal? XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm
yup, yup!!! mrgreen  

Vertebrae by Vertebrae

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm
Ahh....the assurance.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games