Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 am
I need advice or tips or something for the Pokélathon event 'Snow Throw'. I can't seem to get higher than a 13 on it when the AI seems to always get above 20, so I'm nowhere near getting the record needed. It is the only one left I need to beat the record for to get to the final room and the next star on my trainer card. I've already got the star for the shining leaves crown (on my Togekiss), and I did the pokedex on my Diamond version, and since it is the same gen, I don't care enough to do it on HG as well, since it is basically the same thing. But I really want to complete the Pokélathon.

I've beaten the skill section, but always on ending score thanks to other events, I've never once won the snow throw. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what. I use balls as sheilds, and throw them at opponents and hit them as fast as I can make them big. I also noticed there is mention of 'dodging' but I can't seem to figure that out. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 pm
Sheesh. That part gives me trouble too. I NEVER get the highest score. I really wish I could help you. I'd like some advice on getting a good score as well.
I just BARELY figured out that I'm able to throw the snowballs to the left. I just instinctively threw them all at the team on the right. xd  

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 am
The team on the left they're vulnerable to your attacks especially the one closest to you.That's what I do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:56 pm
Yes. I usually just spam attacks towards the left side.
Also building up a snowball makes it like a shield so you can prevent the opponent from scoring points on your Pokemon.  

melikefood

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm
melikefood
Yes. I usually just spam attacks towards the left side.
Also building up a snowball makes it like a shield so you can prevent the opponent from scoring points on your Pokemon.
This.
Dodging I think is just your pokes' skill level. I just throw balls as quickly as possible, and the weaker ones get a shield. Then I slide/aim at either the left or right side.

I was in pretty much the same boat until I realized the aiming, quick attacks, and shield balls made my score higher. I managed to break the record on it, so I'm sure if you just spammed one side in particular [remember, you can throw snow while one is recovering!], you can get to it.
It may take a few times to get the aiming down, but you don't really need to build up a snow ball. That just knocks the other teams' Pokemon for longer. Good for multi, bad for single.

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games