Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Your Religion? If Any? Open Discussion! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXAlternate RealityXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 pm
I'm agnostic for the moment, mostly open to anything. However, a certain branch of church in Christianity, Unitarian, I agree with the most in the sense of their core beliefs. What's yours?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:07 pm
I'm agnostic, though that's more a byproduct of my belief system... I'm a truth-seeker, first and foremost. My entire personality and almost every thing I value is molded around being a person capable of doing just that.  

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200

Cellach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:10 am
Eclectic Polytheist. I don't worship though. I count the gods as allies/friends in what I do. If they breach our friendship however, I withdraw my support.

Give and take relationship if you will.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 pm
I was wiccan. Then I took on the family tradition and now studying to be Cherokee Native American Medicine Man.  

Koigokoro Konjou

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 am
Christian. =]
My church has home group meetings. <3
I'm very open-minded and, mostly, quite tolerant.
I love to read up on the occult and different religions, even if I completely disagree with them.
(I'm a natural researcher -- a self-declared "historian and anthropologist" without a fancy degree and thesis declaring myself as such)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 am
At the moment, I don't know what to believe in. Everyone in my family is a Christian except for my mother, who I believe worships Satan.  

xXxjoker-loverxXx

Versatile Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Scorpy-Sue

Distinct Conversationalist

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am
I finally decided (or maybe it was decided for me) to follow the path of Heathenry. I'm still learning about it, but it feels right to me, so I'm going with it. I plan on incorporating witchcraft into my path as well, with a...I guess a focus on divination. I just bought myself a set of runes today, and hopefully I'll be getting a new Tarot deck for my birthday.

@flauterfli: What do you mean home group meetings? Like you all meet in someone's house to worship? That sounds wonderful. ^_^ I have a friend who is also very, very Christian and loves to learn about other religions; I think it's worldly of you both to do so. Understanding the beliefs of the rest of the world is, I think, really important to be able to live peacefully in our world.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:16 pm
Yup.
My boyfriend's parents host a meeting at their house every Sunday evenings. His father and another man preach. They're funny. : D
Once a month all the different groups in the local area gather at a hotel for a big worship group.
It's more casual (I still dress up because I like to, hehe~) and personal than larger churches in massive estates.
Everyone can seek personal prayer individually and have their turn to speak. It's quite nice. = )
(and their cute little Cavalier puppy can join in on the meetings if he behaves <33)  

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:32 pm
i've got my own thing going really...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 pm
flauterfli
Yup.
My boyfriend's parents host a meeting at their house every Sunday evenings. His father and another man preach. They're funny. : D
Once a month all the different groups in the local area gather at a hotel for a big worship group.
It's more casual (I still dress up because I like to, hehe~) and personal than larger churches in massive estates.
Everyone can seek personal prayer individually and have their turn to speak. It's quite nice. = )
(and their cute little Cavalier puppy can join in on the meetings if he behaves <33)
Wow, that's really awesome. That's such a good idea, especially in times when the community is experiencing hardship. It sounds like you have a really wonderful religious community.  

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm
not realy religious... but i'm a Chaos Shaman.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:53 am
What's a Chaos Shaman? It sounds really interesting.  

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm
I'm a Baptist but I've noticed that most of my thoughts and personal beliefs are more Unitarian. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm
Afro-Dawg

have you ever heard of Chaos Magic? it's a sort of Occult Philosophical Magical Movement. some good names to lookup are

~ Austin Osmin Spare
~ Aleister Crowley
~ Peter J. Carrol

those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

the Movement tends to go by the title of the Illuminated Order of Thanateros. it;s quite an interesting Practice, to be sure. i encourage you to look up Chaos Magic. smile  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:20 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Afro-Dawg

have you ever heard of Chaos Magic? it's a sort of Occult Philosophical Magical Movement. some good names to lookup are

~ Austin Osmin Spare
~ Aleister Crowley
~ Peter J. Carrol

those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

the Movement tends to go by the title of the Illuminated Order of Thanateros. it;s quite an interesting Practice, to be sure. i encourage you to look up Chaos Magic. smile
Okay, thanks!  
The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces