Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Religious Studies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yeah! I'm posting!
  [BEEP] no! I'm outta here!
  Um, maybe? Idk...
View Results

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 pm
~♪♫♥♫♪~

I thought it would be interesting to have a place to discuss different religions of the world.
You can debate, discuss, and ask about any religion; you don't neccessarily have to discuss the one that you follow. However, if you want to give a first-hand account, feel free!
This is NOT a place to tell people they are wrong or that a certain religion is stupid. If at any point you begin to feel uncomfortable with the discussion, say so: you don't have to keep posting if you don't want to.
Please be civil, and be kind to everyone, so that we can all learn a little bit more about each other and improve the cultural diversity of our guild.
~♪♫♥♫♪~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:15 am
Thank you for the fascinating post for thought. I am not religious in any way but it is interesting seeing the different points of view religions possess, even different groups within the same religion. Plus there are all the wild and different cults and sub-sects.  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm
~♪♫♥♫♪~

Yeah! I'm kinda disappointed that nobody else has posted yet, though...
I guess I'll go first.
I'm not very religious, either, but this is my general opinion:
I think that there is some sort of higher being, and that all different religions are just different ways of looking at it.
Personally, I like to look at it as the ancient Greek/Roman gods.
(Sounds weird, I know. But like I said, to me it's all the same thing. And that's just how I feel most comfortable looking at it.)
I've made it my own religion, and I call it Greek Unorthodox. 3nodding I guess any other variation of it would be named the same way (If anyone else has something like this, I'll just let him/her name it him/herself.)
*And NO, it is NOT the same as actually worshipping the gods like the ancient Greeks did. There is NO goat or bull sacrifice! That's just how I look at the concept of a higher being.

~♪♫♥♫♪~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm
Music of Insanity
~♪♫♥♫♪~

I thought it would be interesting to have a place to discuss different religions of the world.
You can debate, discuss, and ask about any religion; you don't neccessarily have to discuss the one that you follow. However, if you want to give a first-hand account, feel free!
This is NOT a place to tell people they are wrong or that a certain religion is stupid. If at any point you begin to feel uncomfortable with the discussion, say so: you don't have to keep posting if you don't want to.
Please be civil, and be kind to everyone, so that we can all learn a little bit more about each other and improve the cultural diversity of our guild.
~♪♫♥♫♪~

Muse0ica

Generous Giver

9,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm
wind_rider20458
Music of Insanity
~♪♫♥♫♪~

~♪♫♥♫♪~

No comment? Lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm
woops I think i get how to quote now. teehee ^^  

Muse0ica

Generous Giver

9,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:26 pm
*Looks around*
Well, this thread is... er,... *tries to think of something positive to say, but is overwhelmed by the complete and total lack of participation* stressed
I'd blame corporate America, but I'm not quite sure what that has to do with anything.
*sigh*
scream Will someone please just post already?!  
Neon Love's Gang

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games