Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Description of the Werewolf

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:06 pm
What exactly does the werewolf look like? We've all seen movies of a werewolf turning into the likeness of a werewolf, but is it really like that? How can we tell who the werewolf is and if they even do exsist...who has the answers  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Well I don't know how you can tell but I do no what they look like. They look like every day people. But with more animal like senses and behaviors. And they're eye are normally bright. Most of the time silver.  

Koigokoro Konjou

monkeyice737

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 pm
a werewolf is a person who has a soul of a wolf in him/her(schizophrenia? multiple personality? spirit guide on some higher level? i'm unsure to what extent it needs to be, but i know it has to be capable to want and take control.), being fully capable to transform into a wolf and back in to a human, but because the soul belongs to the wolf, the wolf has a mind of its own, when both the person and the wolf want to take control, you get a body of something in between, like the movies...

one side trying to take control can be triggered by something important to one side or the other, the wolf finds the full moon important, thus the basic trigger, having a significant other(only because its more important to the individual, then the moon to the wolf), like in movies, can give back some control to the human...

some people consider this a virus, adding in a wolf soul into others... there could be various other explanations... but i think i'm pretty close

but in theory the other soul/spirit guide/whatever it is... is capable of being anything... animal, person, anything at all...
thus many people are unsure of what creature they subliminally relate too best, because all these movies make people think, wolves, or bats(vamps), or whatever is th cool new thing and instantly they create a bond that is with an spirit/soul, other then whatever is deep inside, thus incapable of doing it on a level of what most people believe to be impossible...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:46 am
In my experience, lycanthropes and werewolves, in their human state, tend to be charismatic, very physical individuals. Most I've met have light-colored hair, and have a scruffy, almost dog-like qualities. They tend to be very charismatic, and often poor with eloquent words and numbers.

Mentally, they're often unstable, and tend to mate before they're ready. They also often have huge egos, childish senses of humor, and a liberal smattering of fairly thinly backed-up hatred, especially for humans.

Speaking from experience, I do not recommend them as lovers. They can be passionate, especially at first, but tend to have very potent tempers and don't like to take no for an answer.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

MyShadowHidesMe

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 pm
From what I understand of werewolves, they look just like anybody else, but have dog or animal-like traits as a result of a wolf spirit that resides as part of a person's psyche (Multiple personality, familiar with a great amount of power, whatever.) This spirit appears to have the ability to manifest itself in the person that it resides in, often as an aura. Whether or not actual transformation (human to wolf and back) is possible is another matter entirely, but if the spirit is given enough, it can make it seem like the person isn't human.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 am
Werewolves are strong and tribal by nature. Most believe that native americans are lycanthropes. Seeing as how there spiritual system would allow for such a transformation.

Secrecy is there greatest weapon to this day I believe.

Besides we live in the age of cellphone cameras, screw ups most likely wont be tolerated.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 pm
Oborosen
Werewolves are strong and tribal by nature. Most believe that native americans are lycanthropes. Seeing as how there spiritual system would allow for such a transformation.

Secrecy is there greatest weapon to this day I believe.

Besides we live in the age of cellphone cameras, screw ups most likely wont be tolerated.

Oborosen, I can't say I agree with you on the native americans as 'thropes. In a sense of the word, perhaps, but I don't think they're quite as cliquey about whose 'spirit guide' is what and so on and so forth.

The lycanthropes I know, however, tend to be pretty tribal, as with were-types. Dogs run with dogs. I haven't really ran into any 'thropes in general that haven't been lycans, but that might just be me.

I really don't see what you mean by secrecy being their weapon. You say it as if they're trying to threaten something or what have you. So far as I've seen, they really don't care much about anything outside of pack concerns.

People've gotten pictures of things that look like were`s, 'thropes, and just about anything else under the sun. Pictures don't mean a thing. What would probably matter would be if someone got captured for an entire lunar cycle. They want proof, not potentially 'shopped pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm
what does a human look like? depends on the human.
what does a werewolf look like? depends on the werewolf.  

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games