Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think you could do it?
  Yes
  NO!
View Results

nobodys0somebody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 pm
Alright. So, my boyfriend is leaving for West Point (United States Military Academy) in two days. I've been through a lot in the last year and am jsut eneasy about his leaving.

He wanted me to talk to someone just so he knows I'm OK... But I'm too stubborn to do it for him per se and since I figured we're all girls here (or are supposed to be anyways) I'd ask around.

I'm not really sure what to do, and was wondering whether anyone had any input, advice or encouragement?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:09 pm
I'm not sure if by 'new' you mean you've just entered a relationship--and when it's new it won't hurt as much in the long run if you two decide this life isn't for you. I've been with my soldier man for about 3 years and trust me--if I met him while he was in the army then I would have high-tailed it (he recently joined the army a year ago). But sometimes, you have to fight for love and that's what a military relationship means.

It's not impossible if the two of you love each other. It's been a bit hard for the both of us. I'm going off to school while he's in the next state over. At the moment, we can only see each other for a month a year at most--that's if he builds up leave.

It can work if the two of you love each other enough. My advice would be to keep busy in your own way. Do something new if you feel compelled. You can communicate via the internet, talk on the phone, send letters/gifts, et cetera.

If you consider yourself a girl that has to have a lot of love and affection continously from your loved one, then military relationships may not be the type for you.

This is what to expect with military men. Of course, some may be the sweetest (and some not so sweet--not that I'd know, but I've met some a**holes in my fiance's unit), most loving family men. Sometimes, the quality of time you spend together can make up for the quantity.

Also, keep in mind, it varies with how much leave one gets depending on their rank and their job priority. My fiance just got started and he is still an E-1, and his job is pretty high priority. That's why we can't see each other much currently.

Good luck to you both!  

Lady Beltane

Cheery Loiterer

11,850 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Marathon 300

nobodys0somebody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 am
We've been dating for almost seven months, but I figured we wouldnt make it it this far and I wouldn't have to worry...Turns out I was wrong.

He has a few weeks leave every six months during the school year (Christmas, Summer) By the time he finishes I believe he said he'll be a 2nd Lt.

I'm just uneasy about not having him here... There's been a lot of drama with my family over the last year.

It may seem simple to you but that made me feel SO much better and I guess is just what I needed to hear. Thank you =)  
The Advice Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games