Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
A Tactical Look at MW2 Shotguns w/ FMJ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Opinion?
  You're Stupid... But Correct
  You Are 100% Right! I've Never Thought About That Before!
  OMG I H8 YEW! STAWP FLAMEING TEH SHOTGUNz!!1!11!
  Whatever. I just like pissing kids off with a Shotty with FMJ xD
View Results

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:48 pm
Now, I'm sure everybody goes "OMG an FMJ Shotty! Tuutally H4xz0rz! I'm gunna yewz it!" but there is a problem with this besides the lack of grammar or ball drop-age.

A shotgun CANNOT have a Full Metal Jacket on it in any case. A shotgun fires pellets, "Birdshot" or "Scattershot" as it's referred to. A Full Metal Jacket is a pointed, heavy, etched case that is designed to put even more weight onto the bullet, as well at penetrating power. "That's what she said"

However, shotgun pellets are round, and spin when they are fired. It is impossible to have a sphere-ical Full Metal Jacket that will do anything besides do LESS killing and MORE bruising. You would be better off with throwing a baseball bat at the enemy rather than using a heavy-set birdshot slug.

I'm not hating no the FMJ Shotty's out there, because I like to mess around with my AA-12 FMJ on occasion. I'm just pointing out how IMPOSSIBLE it is to put an FMJ on a pellet the size of your pinky toenail.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:10 am
shitguns can fire slugs and still kill i know because i hunt with shitgun slugs and yes i know i spelt shitgun wrong because that are s**t in MW2  

XchanglingX

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am
XchanglingX
shitguns can fire slugs and still kill i know because i hunt with shitgun slugs and yes i know i spelt shitgun wrong because that are s**t in MW2

I quite agree. But reguardless you can't put a Full Metal Jacket on a Slug. It's impossible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 am
Looking at it now, I would presume that he is correct. FMJ would cause a significant bullet drop for the shotgun pellets. This is MW2 however and bullet drop is non-existent. Using FMJ on snipers would also cause bullet drop but yet again it doesn't. Also extended mags all the way. I'd only use FMJ on the rangers since I hate akimbo's  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:31 am
I use the spas and i only use fmj to get extended mags  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 pm
The AA-12 in MW2 jas to be the most underpowered shotgun i've ever seen in a game compared to real life.
Like you're saying, when it comes to reality on weapons; A Russian special forces soldier would never run around with a lever action rifle that is probably five or six times older than the wielder. That's the same for pretty much every faction in the game bar the favela gangs, who can somehow afford AC-130 gunships but not a decent education.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Tha Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm
ElementPro
Now, I'm sure everybody goes "OMG an FMJ Shotty! Tuutally H4xz0rz! I'm gunna yewz it!" but there is a problem with this besides the lack of grammar or ball drop-age.

A shotgun CANNOT have a Full Metal Jacket on it in any case. A shotgun fires pellets, "Birdshot" or "Scattershot" as it's referred to. A Full Metal Jacket is a pointed, heavy, etched case that is designed to put even more weight onto the bullet, as well at penetrating power. "That's what she said"

However, shotgun pellets are round, and spin when they are fired. It is impossible to have a sphere-ical Full Metal Jacket that will do anything besides do LESS killing and MORE bruising. You would be better off with throwing a baseball bat at the enemy rather than using a heavy-set birdshot slug.

I'm not hating no the FMJ Shotty's out there, because I like to mess around with my AA-12 FMJ on occasion. I'm just pointing out how IMPOSSIBLE it is to put an FMJ on a pellet the size of your pinky toenail.

you're a fagg. lol. >__<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm
If I have Bling Pro equipped, I would use FMJ. Other than that, Akimbo (this is just for Ranger)  

NejiHyuga900

Sparkly Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm
Tha Disciple
ElementPro

you're a fagg. lol. >__<

I am so tired of yo dum a** quotes and posts. Lol
You're a dum fagg rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm
i have the spas with fmj just for the resone of the extra mgs
onky if i dont have scavenger  

sharkmanx2

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Citizen 200

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 am
Initially, when has MW2 been close to reality? Did I miss something?

Yes, I shot you in the chest with a .50 cal. Why are you walking away..

Anyways, in reality, you don't need FMJ on your little pellets in a shell. It'll go through a wall easily.

Here's birdshot. Not buckshot, not slugs. Birdshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbdVFxlkk  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff