Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
<.< The world has no respect anymore... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 pm
sweatdrop I can't tell you how stressed I am from some things that just happen only days ago.

Ok I'm going to try my best to explain from where it began. I'm sure you all been there dull, boring, nothing to look forward too, been told how to dress, and no hobbies. Well that was me and I am smashed back to that lil piece of nothing.

I spent most of my life trying to find who I am, and trying to find what I can tell people "I am this". I was raised in church and tried doing the christian thing but all I saw was the gossip and back stabbing and judging going on. So I stop going to church. I still believe there is a higher being.

I found anime and that became my hobbie and I still enjoy it. But I can't tell you how much of a hard time I was given for just liking anime. For crying out loud the church i went to was calling Digimon evil because of Angemon and a few others.

And got into furry and wanted to come out about it and I did and I was hound till I had to lie about it and tell everyone I gave it up and that I only like the artwork, Just to get them off my back. It's BS that I can't do what I like anymore because it doesn't make them happy.

What ever happen to treat others how you want to be treated?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 pm
Most people are naturally ignorent to other peoples like/dislikes. They have thier own mindset that thier way is the right way. All the people around me acually care about what i like. Im lucky. My friends/cohorts/anyone i know accually respect my beliefs and actions.

My advice to you is to be you. Dont get all stressed out because your living the way you want to. I think that a persons beliefs are his own and that reliogion is only to show morals and help someone become who they are.

I hope i helped a little.  

Lost Omega

7,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:49 pm
Enki the Fox
Most people are naturally ignorent to other peoples like/dislikes. They have thier own mindset that thier way is the right way. All the people around me acually care about what i like. Im lucky. My friends/cohorts/anyone i know accually respect my beliefs and actions.

My advice to you is to be you. Dont get all stressed out because your living the way you want to. I think that a persons beliefs are his own and that reliogion is only to show morals and help someone become who they are.

I hope i helped a little.

You've have and thank you. I will slowly try to come back out again but I think I should let things cool down. I should tell you that the furry issue was a month old issue but it was still bugging me. I also should tell you that I do have about 5 friends that are ok about me being a furry.

sweatdrop The other one should be kept to myself but I can sum it up. I've been told by some one I lie and that I use people for my own use, but I don't and would never do that. This person also said I lie about having ADD and (I forgot the word) read things and do things backwards. Just because I can send a good email.

I just take my time and make sure it makes sense before I send it sweatdrop this person never gave me a chance to tell them that.

(Yes I'm being emo now) No matter how hard I try to be nice and truthful it always bites me in the butt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm
I'm going to tell you something, from the view of a teenager..
Look, the human race, from the begging, fears what dont understand or what doesnt know... so, from all of that, it finish in the people hating/threathening/judging....
I dont know how old are you xD but, in my life, i've been told a lot of thing because the things i like, i've been called so many ways for the things i'm... but i just ignore them... i dont know if its good or bad... but ignoring them you only show them what they dont want to see... that what they are saying is nothing to you.
They want you to be like them, because they fear what someone who is different from them is...
I'm christian, and i say, the church is a mafia. I believe in god, not in the priests.
There are a lot of kind of people... and the crazy people that always is following something, and saying bad things of other, is because they dont want to see the reallity around them...
Like the ones that say that the Sharingan from naruto is a "666", the one who say that stupid things about pokemon, digimon, dragon ball..
And to know... the religion that is bigger (In followers) in Japan, Chine, etc... isnt the catholic, so, they dont believe in god or the devil, or whatever they want to call that things...
In my opinion, you have to ignore them, or just keep it for yourself... there are things that some people can know, and there are things that other can know...  

Gin The Bard

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 pm
Gin The Bard you are right.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm
Dude just be who you want to be. If u feel it inside that something is right to you don't stop because of someone elses opinions and problems with the subject. You need to stand up and say u are proud of wat u are and let the people who persicute u know that it is ur choice to do this. Don't lie about it, be a proud furry. If they can't accept it then oh well! I've been yelled and screamed at, even got into some fights before cuz of wat i believe in, but i still am who i am. Stay the way u want to stay and not the way others want u to stay ok.  

WOLFCRAZED

3,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:09 pm
Well I'm sure it has already been said but I'm too lazy to read through threads so I'll probably repeat XD

people always 'confront' things that they don't have understanding of or choose not to try and understand. It's always been people's mentality, a person can be the most powerful and dangerous thing in the world; smart, compassionate, and strong. People however are crude, afraid, and weak because they have numbers and repetition. It is true being a furry is a touchy subject that one outside of the field wants to be acquainted with but it is not a thing without it's own beauty. Sorry that nothing is meant to go right in the world and the partially innocent of the world are always the ones in the most turmoil but that is the treasure of life, no one was born to know what it's about. We just make the best of it.

When I had to face this fact these were the words given to me by my friends and I hope it gives a little light to your feelings.
-Best of Luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:52 pm
you must be a person that likes to please. the problem is. you cant please everybody and yourself. but then if you found something that pleases you. why would you stop doing it. perhaps you don't want to make the people around you sad. since you care about them. but shouldn't they care about you too? i guess you should think about it. cause there will be a point when you reach and it's either them or you. and decisions must be made.  

Xavs

I lost my notebook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 am
If you'll forgive me quoting the late, great Dr. Seus, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Be yourself, and stop caring so much about what other people think. People who judge you for what you like, I've come to find, really aren't worth being associated with, even if they happen to be blood relatives. I remember I had a falling out with my late father, and my grandparents, and my uncles... pretty much everyone but my mom, my mate, and my best friend. Had a crappy time in High school because of who I was, even had to get a bit of psychiatric help because of the stress it gave me. I know it isn't easy, being yourself never is, but trust me when I say things will get better if you stay the course. I've made a ton of new friends being who I am, ones I actually like and get along with too, and if you'll forgive me again, this time for a mildly sadistic thrill I've recently gotten, I've found out that of all the people who gave me grief in life, have had stuff happen to them in the past year or so that makes what they did to me look like a walk in the park.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 am
Xavs
you must be a person that likes to please. the problem is. you cant please everybody and yourself. but then if you found something that pleases you. why would you stop doing it. perhaps you don't want to make the people around you sad. since you care about them. but shouldn't they care about you too? i guess you should think about it. cause there will be a point when you reach and it's either them or you. and decisions must be made.
You do make a good point but here's the thing I can't make people love me, like me, and care for me. I do like to please people because I know it makes them happy. I do say no now and then of course they aren't happy when I do but they get over it. But that is only just my family and friends >.> everyone else there is no telling.

I guess what I'm saying is I can't make people like me but I can show them I care and that I like to help.

I don't want to be like them and say "I don't care","You have no say so","no one cares what you think". But I do want to be able to do what I like.

sweatdrop Your right, what it comes down to it I need to think what would be best for me.  

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 am
I lost my notebook
If you'll forgive me quoting the late, great Dr. Seus, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Be yourself, and stop caring so much about what other people think. People who judge you for what you like, I've come to find, really aren't worth being associated with, even if they happen to be blood relatives. I remember I had a falling out with my late father, and my grandparents, and my uncles... pretty much everyone but my mom, my mate, and my best friend. Had a crappy time in High school because of who I was, even had to get a bit of psychiatric help because of the stress it gave me. I know it isn't easy, being yourself never is, but trust me when I say things will get better if you stay the course. I've made a ton of new friends being who I am, ones I actually like and get along with too, and if you'll forgive me again, this time for a mildly sadistic thrill I've recently gotten, I've found out that of all the people who gave me grief in life, have had stuff happen to them in the past year or so that makes what they did to me look like a walk in the park.

blaugh I love Dr. Seus!
But like I said to Xavs I need to think on it.
and I think I may look in to some psychiatric help I think it may help me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 am
Fox L

blaugh I love Dr. Seus!

If you do, I'll tell you right now to stay away from pills as anything but a last resort, and be picky with who you talk to. Some are really helpful, but others will inflect their own issues onto you.  

I lost my notebook

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:28 am
I lost my notebook
Fox L

blaugh I love Dr. Seus!

If you do, I'll tell you right now to stay away from pills as anything but a last resort, and be picky with who you talk to. Some are really helpful, but others will inflect their own issues onto you.
I don't like pills and I keep way from them I've seen how they can effect people. And I will keep that in mind.

Thank you  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am
Fox L
I lost my notebook
Fox L

blaugh I love Dr. Seus!

I don't like pills and I keep way from them I've seen how they can effect people. And I will keep that in mind.

Thank you

Uhmm... i'm studing a little psychology as school... and i just want you to know, that, if its not a mental problem that doesnt have a solution its NOT RECOMMENDABLE to take ANY pills... because you might do something dissapear and then, it appears in other thing.
In the bigger case, for that things you'r saying, you must see a psichologist... the psychiatric only give you pills and is more like when you've a mental problem that cannot be solved... the psychologist, in other hand, will help you to solve the problem.  

Gin The Bard

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Ryngs_The_Raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am
k, simple answer is F**K what other people think, and be your own person.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff