Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ouija Board

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 pm
I have been planning to make my own ouija board and wanting to talk to spirits with my friend, who is christian. I have read websites and resources and tips to make, control and try not to get into any danger with the ouija board. The problem is...im only 12 and im really desperate to find out any more information or tips about the ouija board that can guide me clearly. I know that ouija board is totally not something you want to be stupid or mess with it. The spirits can be tricksters in disguise or the demon can try to possess you. I have a fair amount of understanding to the ouija board, but i want to make sure i don't mess up especially putting me and my friend in torture.
I am serious about the ouija board and if its possible give me advice or tell a story of your own with the ouija board. I known a few prayers and protection to keep evil spirits away, like candles, salt, holy water and some prayers. I am still confused about the spirit guides, angels etc How do i know it is a spirit guide? or How do i know its there with me? What if its actually a demon?
So im very nervous and anxious about trying out the ouija board, i can't face it with an open mind if i don't know more about it.
Thank you for reading.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:42 pm
Firstly, don't touch the Ouija board. Don't deal with anything having to do with them. Seriously. Whole can of worms. Just stay the ---- away. Really. You're young. Way too young to mess up your life.

The things you might be dealing with are much, much worse than 'tricksters', and could very easily put you and your friend through things much worse than any torture you could ever imagine.

Consider very carefully why you want to deal with an Ouija board. What is your motive? Even if you just make idle chit-chat, you're opening the door to a world of very very bad things, especially if you're in the least bit Christian. Working with Ouija boards is very much something that Christians should never do, just like most Hindus would never ever eat a cow's meat. It's in very strong opposition to most of the religion.

Uhm... Prayers and paraphernalia? Either a) you won't need them at all and nothing that major will happen, or b) you'll need something much much stronger.

A spirit guide is a sort of an animal guardian entity that helps you and guides you when you need it, according to the belief systems of North American natives. I don't know much about them, and by all means, I'd love for someone who does to tell me more.

What I do know about them is that they're in no way related to Christianity, and that the Christian god is a jealous god that should never be combined with any others outside of his pantheon. This means that angels and saints are okay to pair with him, but nothing else.

According to Christianity, a spirit guide is a demon.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 am
honestly, if i were you, i wouldn't bother with a ouji board or even go near one for that matter for two reasons:

number 1) it's highly unlikey that you will actually get into contact with a spirit. as far as i can tell, a lot of the way ouji boards work is though our subconscious causing us to move our hands without us realising. well something to that effect and you just end up with a load of rubbish. it will use things that you already know to make it seem true. i used it once with some friends and ended up with getting a load of crud about a girl who lived in the house we were in during the 1800's (which is true because that is about the right age of the cottage)and accidently got her head blown off. i have to say i was rather taken in by it all until, "she" started saying "she" REALLY didn't like me. it was at that point where i decided it was most likely being made up by us whether we realised it or not - it was so completly unfounded.

number 2) on the chance that you do actually get contact with the Other Side then it might not be a good sort of contact. my dad (who, may i just point out before hand, is deffinately not the sort to scare or get into a tizzy easily) tried it once and it freaked him out so badly that he will not tell me what happened.

so the over all gist is stay away from ouji boards. they're just not worth the time. try automatic writing (which is again linked to the subconscious as well i think) or tarot cards instead smile

PS sorry for the rambling XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:45 am
I've noticed it's very common for kids to have stories of their parents being freaked out by ouija boards when said parents are usually hard to scare. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a tactic that parents use to get their kids not to toy with the ouija board.

A lot of folk insist that using the ouija board is a bad idea, but in all honesty, I'm yet to get any results indicating that they're in any way dangerous -- and you would expect a lot of personal stories about horrific things happening given the plethora of friend-of-a-friend anecdotes flying about the place. I found out about and tried the ouija board when I was about ten or eleven, and didn't get anything substantial. I've tried it on and off again over the years, and I'm still yet to get anything when I use it on my own, and I don't have enough folks I can trust not to consciously shift the planchette/folks who're actually brave enough to try ouija. That's not to say ouija is fake, just that all I've had are either dubious anecdotes or relatively minor personal stories ("I did ouija and had a slight headache!").

I'm not gonna get into the messy tangle of whether doing Ouija makes you a bad Christian, since Zurah's covered that pretty efficiently, but I do think the negative effects of ouija are vastly overrated.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Satrevi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 am
I think if you need some board to talk to spirits perhaps you weren't meant to talk to them yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 am
Mitsh
I've noticed it's very common for kids to have stories of their parents being freaked out by ouija boards when said parents are usually hard to scare. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a tactic that parents use to get their kids not to toy with the ouija board.

he he, i suspect you are quite right generally speaking. many parents abhor the thought of their children going near a ouji board. my dad's an atheist and - while having an interest in the supernatural - he, generally speaking, doesn't believe in ghosts etc. going along that thread, he normally wouldn't worry about what i was up to paranormal-wise except to be slightly sceptical about it. so when he strongly warns me off ouji boards, i believe him.  

Just Tsuki

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:55 am
Just Tsuki, I agree pretty wholeheartedly with your posts so far in this thread.

So far as I understand both Ouija boards and automatic writing things are very susceptible to our own hampering-- we subconsciously want something to happen, so we make it so.

Tarot can also fall victim to that, as we see a spread with vague advice and tend to look for the parts that are accurate, and not the bits that aren't.

Just be aware of what's happening, in terms of what you yourself might be doing. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 pm
Thank you all very much for your posts and advices. Yes ouija boards is hazardous towards me and my friend. I decided not to do it because my friend is fully christian and she is baptised. She seems excited about the idea though, but after thinking about it. There's really no motives, and after hearing all the bad ouija stories (which mostly are) i got kind of scared. I am too young to die unfortunately. I guess i should really lay off the ouija board.

Sorry for all the trouble.  

xxSeikoxx

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 pm
Just Tsuki
honestly, if i were you, i wouldn't bother with a ouji board or even go near one for that matter for two reasons:

number 1) it's highly unlikey that you will actually get into contact with a spirit. as far as i can tell, a lot of the way ouji boards work is though our subconscious causing us to move our hands without us realising. well something to that effect and you just end up with a load of rubbish. it will use things that you already know to make it seem true. i used it once with some friends and ended up with getting a load of crud about a girl who lived in the house we were in during the 1800's (which is true because that is about the right age of the cottage)and accidently got her head blown off. i have to say i was rather taken in by it all until, "she" started saying "she" REALLY didn't like me. it was at that point where i decided it was most likely being made up by us whether we realised it or not - it was so completly unfounded.

number 2) on the chance that you do actually get contact with the Other Side then it might not be a good sort of contact. my dad (who, may i just point out before hand, is deffinately not the sort to scare or get into a tizzy easily) tried it once and it freaked him out so badly that he will not tell me what happened.

so the over all gist is stay away from ouji boards. they're just not worth the time. try automatic writing (which is again linked to the subconscious as well i think) or tarot cards instead smile

PS sorry for the rambling XD

I might try tarot cards xD if only my mum and dad would considerate it, since they don't believe in any religions and never will.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games