Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Avatar: The New Age of the Four Nations
The way we bend. *Quite the read.* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:41 am
Here we will answer all the questions and give important information about the bendings of the Avatar World.

Are sub-level bendings allowed? Like Metal, Blood, Plant, Wood, Lightning, etc?

And is Energybending allowed or non-avatar multi-element bending?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:06 am
This all depends on who your character is. Energy-bending is not going to be allowed for anyone other than that Avatar. Lighting, metal, blood, ect would also not be allowed for anyone other than a master bender. Please PM me or Blaise if you want to be able to sub-bend.  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Day Remono

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 pm
another question,
are you allowed to create new bending moves?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 am
Stream the Emo Child
This all depends on who your character is. Energy-bending is not going to be allowed for anyone other than that Avatar. Lighting, metal, blood, ect would also not be allowed for anyone other than a master bender. Please PM me or Blaise if you want to be able to sub-bend.
Only the Avatar you say? Darn. I only wanted to know to see if it was possible to have more than one element as long as the person doesn't break the rules of the "Avatar being the only one who can master all four arts".

Like:
Normal Bender - 1 element (strong)
Expert Chi Manipulator - 2 elements (main element is strong but other element is relatively weak)
Master Chi Manipulator - 3 elements (All elements are weak and unstable)  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:56 am
LOL, I've answered this question a LOT of times. I have always believed that if someone was determined enough, and had enough will-power, they could learn to bend elements other than just the one they were born into. However, this is never explained in the series (from the series, all we get is that the Avatar can bend all four elements and then some). However, I've always liked that idea. So in my guild, you are allowed to bend up to two elements (this does not include sub-bending, but that is something else all together). BUT, if you do bend two elements, you must have one that is stronger, and one that is weaker. It doesn't matter which.

I'll go with your example, that seems good to me.

Only the Avatar can bend ALL FOUR elements. Only a Master can sub-bend without any glitches. Someone who is very determined could POSSIBLY learn to bend three elements, but they would be unstable and weak. Anyhow, please PM me any questions, or if you want to sub-bend, or bend more than one element.

Does this help?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm
ok i know i told one of the crew people i wasnt going to cry about this.
But now things are getting unfair.
I created Oil bending,and she said that was fine.
BUT i am not allowed to use it the way i wanted to. by lighting the Oil on fire and bending the oil while the fire moves with it.That was the main perpose.
But now im hearing people can brake the bending rules and have two elements.
So i think i should be able to bend Oil thats on fire.
but i doubt that will happen.

well thanks for hearing my rant.
hopefully my friend will get on and i'll be able to RP soon with a partner.  

nocturnal nick

Adventuring Explorer

7,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Sho Isugara

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Well, if the two element rule is in effect, I don't see anything wrong with your oil bending...

Oil= A water based substance
Fire= Fire bending
Both= Oil Bending

The only issue with that is how long the oil burns, since it's a fast acting burner, the flames wouldn't last too long. Depending on the amount of oil you have, it may alter, but if you only use say a jar or a urn, you only have so much time to attack. Anything bigger could extend the time, but be hard to carry on your person.

That's just my perspective as another RPer....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 pm
Sho Isugara
Well, if the two element rule is in effect, I don't see anything wrong with your oil bending...

Oil= A water based substance
Fire= Fire bending
Both= Oil Bending

The only issue with that is how long the oil burns, since it's a fast acting burner, the flames wouldn't last too long. Depending on the amount of oil you have, it may alter, but if you only use say a jar or a urn, you only have so much time to attack. Anything bigger could extend the time, but be hard to carry on your person.

That's just my perspective as another RPer....

well my guy is a water bender and they can bend liquid which oil is.and he would lite the flames with some flint he keeps in his pocket.and as he moves the oil the fire would follow.
so it would just be a form of water bending and as sakka would call it "fake fire bending"

I dont think it would last very long though because the amount he can carry with him is two elk skin.(what Katara uses to carry her water) so i would guess 5 minutes (Or 3 posts)

but anyway its not using two elements its one element. since fire follows the oil and all he does is move the oil to the oppnents.

But anyway blouse or whoever the crew person is said i couldnt do that,all i can do is bend the oil.  

nocturnal nick

Adventuring Explorer

7,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Sho Isugara

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:24 pm
Did you tell them that the Flynt makes the spark which turns the Oil into fire?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:55 pm
yes i did
she told me to have a partner that fire bends instead.
and i asked my friend to be that fire bender but she hasnt replied.
I might just make the profile if i dont get a response today.  

nocturnal nick

Adventuring Explorer

7,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:56 pm
Nick, you should have asked me about this. I would say it's fine. If Blaise keeps telling you off, tell her to talk to me, okay? I'm bending the 'Avatar' rules a little in this guild as I see fit.

And yes, the two elements rules is in effect. ;p

Please tell me if this issue continues.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:27 pm
Ok thanks Stream.
You wernt on at the time so i asked Blaise,And im looking up the bending in the avatar wikapedia.
i just realized it was never explained why the avatar could bend all 4 elements and everyone else just got 1.
so who knows maybe people can bend more then one element.
also i dont think my friend will join so i most likly will have my fire bending posted soon.  

nocturnal nick

Adventuring Explorer

7,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 pm
Though the series never directly stated it, older masters that have made contact with Aang have given evidence that it is possible for a person to bend more than one element. But opposing elements will be the most difficult to use in conjunction however.

For example. According to the Lion Turtles, Energybending was the first known bending until others found a way to manipulation elements. Energybending also allows one to give and remove a bending art. Guru Pathik and Huu have shown that chi is the basis for all bending and that anyone can manipulate chi and based on how the chi is used, the person may bend a certain type of element. This is known to be Jing as mentioned by Bumi. According to Bumi, there are 85 types of jing but three most notable ones used to achieve the four main types of bending.

- Positive jing, corresponding to advancing or attacking. (Firebending.)
- Negative jing, corresponding to retreating or evading. (Waterbending and Airbending.)
- Neutral jing, corresponding to waiting and listening. (Earthbending.)

So pretty much... anyone can bend anything, as long as they are mentally able to. Being that the avatar is the spirit of the world born into human form, he or she can easily bend all four and are quite possibly the only ones able to.

And no, I am not a Avatard. Just a person who knows how to use the internet to get more information about a popular subject. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am
Thank you for you help Cain! ;p ^.^ <3  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin