Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Avatar: The New Age of the Four Nations
A New Type Of Bending Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:29 am
Based on the information explained within the show, I have discovered a new type of bending that is used by all beings within the Avatar universe, including non-benders. The evidence was clear when Huu and Guru Pathik explained a special energy that flows within every living being.

Allow me to introduce to you Chibending. Unlike the others, this bending will serve as the base for all bending and as a weaker form of Energybending.

Quote:
Chibending - The bending of one's inner energy that allows the bender to create physical augmentation and spiritual protection. From running faster to lifting half a ton, from chi blocking to chi healing, Chibending is a weaker yet more refined variant of Energybending. Due to Energybending's danger, a substitute was researched yet never finish. An unknown master wrote his findings and teachings into one of the first known scrolls in history. Overtime, more information was discovered on the principles of chi and how to manipulate it. These teachings were all later compiled into a book known as "Zhi Gundong (The Chi Scroll)".

There is a downfall to Chibending. To truly master chibending, the practitioner must sacrifice their original bending and be trained to open their 7 chakras. This means that they may never return to their original bending type completely. They will forever have a weighted limb when attempting elemental bending.

Once mastered, the Chibender gains the title of "Chi Master".

-First Practitioners-
1. Ryuko "Zero" Typhoon: Master-level Firebender but sacrificed his original bending after discovering the Zhi Gundong, training in its ways alone. Never mastered.
2. Lu "Xian" Shang: Born an imperfect bender and trained by Ryuko Typhoon before his death. He mastered it and became the first True Rooting Chi Master.
3. Fierce: Used it to discover his latent talents, but found it inadequate compared to complete mastery of one element.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 am
ah crap someone discoverd my secret... crying
xd I'd thought of that a long time ago,not from that though ,but from when Aang was talking to the turtle. I figured that if that was possible then if someone who was in touch with there chii theyd be able to do that. I also used that to explain why Master Piandao who's not a bender is so friggin deadly. He moves extremly fast almost un humanly as seen in the eppisdoe in the finale that focused on the old masters. And why else would a non bender be an old master???? He's good with a sword but so are a lot of people so I always chocked it up to him being able to use his chi more than anyone else.  

Kaname Prince Of Darkness

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am
I'm sure many people have wondered about chi. They said it was the basis for all bending so that should of been a spark of thought to at least 1/4 of all Avatar watchers.

That and the fact that this is the type of stuff we do in real life when it comes to chi in martial arts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am
I'd say more like 1/8 watchers at most.
Most people who watch dont understand the origins of the show nor do they care. About 50% of nicks adduiance are kids 11 and down so I think that a strong magority knows nothing about chi nor the martial art styles that each style is based off of.  

PosiedonRulez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:01 am
That is true. I watch the show, but I don't really care of the orgins. I know about Chi and Martial arts, but it seems to much to learn the orgins of a show if it is only on once a week and when it was on I was 11 or 12 so way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am
*slaps forehead*
and yet your a fan of percy jackson????
what is the world comming to???
the mythology behind the greek gods in percy jackson is no more work then learning the foundations of 4 simple martial arts and or chi systems.....>.<  

PosiedonRulez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 am
Yes well I got hooked on to Percy Jackson when my mom brought me book 2. (I know I read the second book then the first.) That was in sixth grade and then in my school we started greek mythology and then I read the rest of the series and it was fun so i just started on. Also greek mythology is more fun to learn then martial arts and Chi systems and I don't have in interest in martial arts or chi.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm
To be entirely truthful, in my opinion, if you don't know Greek Mythology, or atleast if you don't catch on fast, it's very hard to understand. But with the martial arts behind Avatar, you don't need to know them, but it helps you understand anyhow. Does that make sense?  

iCarrot-ness

Ruthless Prophet

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 am
Makes sense to me. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 pm
kooll!!! razz  

aRedHead21

Nn_Aa_Ll_Ll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 am
ah crap someone discoverd my secret... crying
xd I'd thought of that a long time ago,not from that though ,but from when Aang was talking to the turtle. I figured that if that was possible then if someone who was in touch with there chii theyd be able to do that. I also used that to explain why Master Piandao who's not a bender is so friggin deadly. He moves extremly fast almost un humanly as seen in the eppisdoe in the finale that focused on the old masters. And why else would a non bender be an old master???? He's good with a sword but so are a lot of people so I always chocked it up to him being able to use his chi more than anyone else.

Master Piandao is a master because he uses his mind and applies it to the sword, in addition to having mastered the weapon and the making of it. If you look at the way he moves with the sword, and know anything about swords, then you'll know that he's not only at one with it (an extension of himself, like a really long sharp arm) but that his sword is perfectly balanced.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 am
How I expect the first commercial to go.
------------------------------

The Zhi Gundong has reached market places and bookstores everywhere and now you can own a copy too for only 90 copper pieces. (That's like 9 dollars worth of copper in real life, I swear. Expensive but reasonable. xD)

However, there are exceptions the Fire Nation (Banned, but their is the original copy on Roku Island at Ryuko's Shrine), Air Nomads (except the Northern Temple, Ryuko's death bed), and Bai Sing Se (cause they are a bunch of evil mind controllers that don't want you to succeed).

"The Zhi Gundong is an amazing breakthrough." - Time Magazine

"Master Ryoku has changed the very nature of being." - New York Times

"It's almost like a dream come true." - People Magazine

"The common man is no longer at the mercy of a crazed warlord ever again with this knowledge." - Master Ryoku (Hence its ban in Fire Nation Territory.)
-------------------------
But you have to act now as there are limited copies. Special editions will also be sold at select locations. Each copy comes with an official True Rooting ring modeled after the main principle that has come to represent the essence of the Chibender entirely. [Its design includes a large circle(energybending) that separates into four spirals(fire, water, air, and earth) before mixing back into a single, small circle(chibending).]

Principle Represented: Becoming one once more.
---------------------------

Order Now!  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

raijin sasori

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 am
Newest Chibender!!!! pirate pirate pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 am
raijin sasori
YEAH YOU ARE! OOOOOOOOOH! xD  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

raijin sasori

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am
Dalcain
raijin sasori
YEAH YOU ARE! OOOOOOOOOH! xD

Any place I should post if my goal is to learn how to better chibend?  
Avatar: The New Age of the Four Nations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff