Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Those... bumpy things some of us get on cartilage piercings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:29 pm
i think their called... eh... hypertrophic scaring? something liek that >.>

ok so i know i've gotten it before a few years ago, and now with my new industrial i'm scared of getting it. back then i didn't clean my cartilage piercing very well (i didn't know how anyway) but now for my indutrial i spray it twice a day with this stuff i bought at the piercing shop. it's called silver aid and it's (says) for new piercings to help promote natural healing or something. i remember the piercer saying something about it being just like the sea salt soaks.

do the sea salt soaks get rid of the bumps?

are they preventable in the first place?

give me information eek i couldn't bear it if those things grew on my new baby mad

oh, when would they most likely show up? my industrial was done on dec. 23rd and they don't seem to be tehre. though there is kind of an elevation of skin where the bar enter, but i'm thinking it's just from being new?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm
yeah, hypertrophic scarring. I have one on my labret from stretching it. it look lovely stare

I was told to crush asprin in a paper towel and put it under hot water and use it as a hot compress. Not working so far  

Terragar

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:06 am
how long have u been doing it? a friend of mine said she had one on her nose piercing, used sea salt for like a few weeks till it went away. i also mentioned it to my piercer and he mentioned the aspirn too, but he also says u can come in and get it popped ninja ouch >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:41 am
ive been doing it for a couple weeks. Its so big now it looks like it could be popped. And if that doesnt work, i mat just go have it scalpeled off  

Terragar

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:10 pm
eeeek sounds painful >.< are you going to get it popped by a piercer? i wouldn't try it myself if i were you xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:08 pm
Those tend to show up when something is irritating it. Your jewelry may be moving around too much, so it's causing the bump. Sea salt soaks will help draw out the fluid, but it's not going to go away until the source of irritation is gone. From personal experience, rings tend to cause it more than barbells, since they get bumped and move more easily. I would think a full industrial bar would have a similar effect.

Just try to think of what's irritating it, such as being bumped around, getting caught in hairbrush, sleeping on it, etc.

I tried a tea tree oil gel on mine to help get rid of the bump on my helix, but I wouldn't recommend that with a fresh piercing.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Das Ist Mein Hamburger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:05 pm
I recently changed my helix jewelery from a stud (because of school) back to ring and I developed a bump. I think it was caused when I pushed the ring into the hole. Too much trauma?

Sea salt soaks did the job for me. I soaked it until the bump was so dry that it started to fall of my ear. I eventually was able to peal it off without any pain involved. During that time, I never touched or played with it, despite it crusting up. The only time I'd touch it was when it was cleaning time. It should go away within two - three weeks of continual soaking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:11 pm
well i try not to sleep on that side, and if i do then i don't put the whole weight of my head on it (i.e. mostly on my cheeck or forehead)

and i don't want to take out my bar gonk theres no point of an industrial if i don't have a bar in it >.<  

[NUTs]

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:15 pm
oh btw, after the soaks and it goes away, does it come back o.o?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Mine's gone away. I think it'll come back if i knock it too hard and so. But atleast the ugly lump will be gone. Keep the bar in and soak it. And don't let anything touch it!  

Das Ist Mein Hamburger

Terragar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:38 am
well, I went and got some H2Ocean, and its already half the size it was eek  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 pm
i keep hearing this "h2ocean" stuff in this thread. where do u buy that? i hope it's not only in america >.<  

[NUTs]

Terragar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:36 pm
It's a really strong sea salt solution, surprisingly i found it at a local drug store  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:46 pm
Okay as far as I can tell no ones really said this yet. The bump happens when you get a piercing using a gun. All the gun does is push all the skin/muscles to the side, causing the bump. When you use a hollow needle which is what piercing places use it actually removes the skin and muscle, so no bump. An example of this is cartalidges, and also I pierced my own eye brow using a regular sowing needle, and got a bump, when I let it heal up and then used a hollow needle, the bump did not appear. Hope that helps  

hellfireangel

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:50 pm
hellfireangel
Okay as far as I can tell no ones really said this yet. The bump happens when you get a piercing using a gun. All the gun does is push all the skin/muscles to the side, causing the bump. When you use a hollow needle which is what piercing places use it actually removes the skin and muscle, so no bump. An example of this is cartalidges, and also I pierced my own eye brow using a regular sowing needle, and got a bump, when I let it heal up and then used a hollow needle, the bump did not appear. Hope that helps

well thanks for your input and while it's true that the gun ******** up your ears, the indusrial is clearly impossible to do with a gun and therfore was done with a needle...  
Ear Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff