Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH! ...Or is it? [Debate Thread]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When will the world end?
  Never
View Results

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm
~♪♫♥♫♪~

{I just sat through about three hours of discussion about this on the History Channel, and I thought it would make for a stimulating discussion.}
There are TONS of theories out there about the end of the world, 2012, 2060, Armageddon, and the like. Now it's your chance to discuss what YOU think will happen, and how, when, and why it will occur.
RULES
1. Don't insult others or make generalizations that people are stupid (etc.) because of their beliefs. This is a place for discussing ideas, not for starting fights.
2. Don't just state your thoughts. Give at least SOME reasons and support behind them.
3. I know some people will want to have random conversations, but PLEASE try to stick to the topic. A bit of side chatter is okay, but there should be more actual debate than anything else. {Hence the inclusion of the words "Debate Thread" in the title.}
4. I reserve the right to do whatever I want, which includes changing and/or making up the rules as I go along. Because I can.
5. Have fun! That's what this whole guild is about! I'm hoping we can all share ideas and maybe learn a bit more about each other.
~♪♫♥♫♪~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:07 pm
~♪♫♥♫♪~
Apparently, there is a computer program called "Web Bot" that is able to predict future events. From what I've heard, it taps into some unconsious part of the human brain which has the ability to predict the future. It does this by scanning through information that people post on the Internet. The predictions are cryptic messages that have been compared to the quatrains written by Nostradamus.
It has been said that Web Bot accurately predicted many actual events, including the 9/11 terrorist attack, Hurricane Katrina, and the 2008 Stock Market crash.
It has also been said that Web Bot has predicted the end of the world, and there is much debate about whether or not it should be believed.
If anyone can find information about this project, or a link to Web Bot itself, I'd love to see it!

~♪♫♥♫♪~

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 am
I've read about most of these, predictions of doom. Most of them, just make me laugh. They are so not based on any type of real physics. About the only ones that have a good chance of happening, are ones that could happen anytime, global pandemic & nuclear war. I don't think anything will happen to the world when 2012 comes about. Unless someone makes sure to start a pandemic or a war. (then its self-fulfilling prophesy)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am
I wonder what other people think is going to happen on that fateful day in december. Don't depend on that Mayan calendar thing either, I was reading an article by a real mayan scholar, he said that whole calendar ending thing happens much later. When it does then the next digit in their calendar moves up one and resets. No big deal. smile  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Jade Shark
Crew

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:25 pm
Yeah, I don't feel like the world will end in 2012 either.
Most apocalyptic predictions are based on faith more than anything else, even Issac Newton's.
I actually have two links to a few cool apocalypses.
Oh, and there's a Web Bot section too.
(Although it is a Cracked article, so don't except unbiase, totally reliable results.)
http://www.cracked.com/article_17445_the-6-best-2012-apocalypse-theories-are-all-bullshit_p2.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_14977_the-5-most-kick-a**-apocalyptic-prophecies.html
As for me, I think the apocalypse will be more of a Wall-E type thing, with mankind sort of destroying itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 pm
Those were both informative and very funny!  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rylyn the Cat
Crew

Fashionable Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 am
I'm skeptical about the whole thing. But if I had to choose a side, I you say that the world will not end. Not within the next 10 thousand years, at least. I think life will always continue to exist on Earth, even if the human race does die.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm
So true!  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:05 pm
Jade Shark
As for me, I think the apocalypse will be more of a Wall-E type thing, with mankind sort of destroying itself.

Love how you're saying Disney predicted the end of the world... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 pm
At least robots will fall in love. 4laugh  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Neon Love's Gang

Manage Your Items