Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this helpful to you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

She Is Batman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm
This miniature "guide" can help you be more successful when you're competing, as well as making sure your judge does not become angry at your crew.

Time is money
-Talk to your crew via PM, Skype, etc. about when you all plan to complete the event. On top of that, agree on where to meet. Which server will you choose? Although the servers do become recycled, you can tell your crew to go on the one that's alphabetically first or something. Inform the judge about these details as well.
-Give extra time for your crew to meet up. More often that it should be, crews can take over an hour just to gather up and get ready.
-Be on time for the event. If you told your crew and the judge to be on zOMG at a particular time, make sure you actually do so.
-What if some people forget about the run? First, inform your crew several days in advance about the details (when you're going to do the event, for example). Then one or two days prior to the set date, remind your crew again.
-Discuss strategies that you plan to use while you're doing the event. Talk about ring sets as well. Don't waste time on zOMG doing so; do it through PMs or some other way.

Be informed
-Know what you're doing. Read the description of the event you're going to do. What is allowed? What isn't?
-Follow the rules. Don't wait until the last minute to remove Fortune's Favor, Sweetheart, or other restricted rings.
-Communication is key. Talk to your crewmates to make sure you're all on the same page.

I will add more advice as time goes on. If you have any suggestions as to what to put here, go ahead and comment with what you'd like to see in the guide.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 pm
got an idea:
Choosing Crew Members/Joining a Crew
Choosing Crew Members
- Make sure you gather your team in advance. you dont wanna scramble at the last minute to do so, in which case you might choose some crappy members and do worse than you might have
- See each player in action on zomg. maybe with one of the events that will be in the olympics to determine if their leeches, like to screw around, etc., or if their actually "in it to win it".

Joining a Crew
- You dont want to join a bad crew. that was my mistake during the summer. i just chose the crew cuz i liked the name XD. meet the crew and see if they like to mess around a lot or are more serious than others about the event.
- if you cant meet the crew, communicate however you want. just get to now them. see if their organized, if theyve done the zolympics before, etc.
- just to clarify this agin, CHOOSE YOUR TEAM IN ADVANCE. eventually the zomg olympics guild gets posted on the gaia home page and a whole bunch of noobz come and join the guild, and its harder to pick teams. (how else do u think the guild got 2k members? XD)
- if your friend has a team, and you know their good at zomg, join them. you can trust some of ur friends 100% of the time. if they dont have a crew, ask them to join the guild and be part of your team or the team ur in.  

ryry Kenny_McGroot ryry

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200

Sadinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 pm
When I choose my crew:

I choose people I have run with before in various instances. I try them out in DS, Stone Coatl, The Gauntlet and SS. I know their strengths and their weaknesses. I know who is a better healer, who is a better tanker.

Make friends on zOmg, and then when the winter one comes up, ask your friends if they want to join a crew with you.

Practice practice practice. Set up several practice days and try to get in as much as possible before events start. Do your event early to give you the most time to complete them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Keep up the incoming advice, guys!  

She Is Batman

The zOMG Olympics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas