Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
Neth and Golem's solutions to the Matters at hand Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:17 am
All right, folks. It's time for your Administrators to clear the air concerning what's been buzzing about recently. I'm going to do my best to explain a few new statements, come to pass by both Neth and myself, and then show just how they came to happen with a log of how we went through this. After all that's done, I'll permit replies and change the title.

First:Effective immediately, the ONLY Gym leaders and administrators for the Pokemon Defenders Guild will be: Nethila, Myself (Golem OTCT), Fox Demon Shippo, Tai, and Load Chaud. This is due to a large and complicated issue I will elaborate upon momentarily.

Second: Seminal contamination has been banned, permanently. Now, before you go WTF, it was a GAIA ban, not a PD one--on charges of botting, which we think he's innocent of. He's stated to me directly that if the appeal doesn't go through with the Gaia admin, he's quitting Gaia, and that's that.

Third:Also effective immediately, a new Rule will be added: Intra-mod problems must be brought to the attention of ALL ADMINISTRATORS (That means the Champion as well as her Elites), as soon as they arise. This rule was created in responce to a recent conflict amongst mods and an administrator which will be further elaborated upon in the log. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RULE WILL GARNER REPRISALS RANGING FROM TEMPORARY DEMOTION TO A PERMANENT BAN.

Fourth: Niobi, being the Brainchild as well as heavily nursed and created by Alexa, will fall supremely under *HER* jurisdiction. Though Nethilia and I will play key charactars, should the project be restored, we are NOT in charge and yeild the reins to Tippy. It is hers to run. (Side note: We will, if she chooses to continue Niobi, more than likely be in a continual level of contact with her, and those who attempt to abuse the decentralized power this creates will be both swiftly and bluntly dealt with.)

Log of the conversation between Nethilia and myself forthcoming, pending minor and superficial edits.

EDIT: Sorry Tai! You're not chopped liver; Neth accidentally demodded you, too. We're fixing it now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:49 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

oGolem

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:54 am
All right, Reply away. I'm going to be restoring the other stickies now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:03 am
You said reply away... So I was thinking that I can reply to this.

After having a better scope of this most unfortunate event. I did like to voice my defence in... Alexa's profile...

Twelve aint a very young age... Especially in a world of fantasy like Pokemon itself, it is not too hard to think for the fact that world... Is never fair, and age never actually plays a part in strength, capablities and achievement. Yesh, never.

Take Ash for example. He started his journey at 10(the legal age or something) and became a pokemon master at 10. Since I never really saw him celebrating his birthday or something. Yea, for that fact that more than 365 days would have past countless times, granted for the fact that he had aged maybe a year or two. Which is twelve. So..., does that make him god-modding? Legal age or not, Alexa's character might have started training way before 10 for all you know.

Assassins? Hell, we see young little ninja jumping at your character everytime you play your Ruby/ Emerald/ Sapphire games. They don't even look 10 to me. More like someone who just started going to school. confused Seriously, it is not too hard to imagine. Just because you don't see assassins at that age doesn't mean they doesn't exist, because they do... And you won't know that Team Rocket suddenly have the fetish to breed young murderers to their cause.

Telepathic or empathic link with her pokemon? Hell, some people thinks they have links with their pets. In the case of Sabrina... Or stuff, they are psychics in the Pokemon world. Maybe Alexa can be a weak psychic medium. IT IS POSSIBLE RIGHT?

Okay, I know this arguement have ended and it is pointless to start saying who is right and who is wrong all over again. But I really needed to voice them. Delete this if you may, but hell, I just want you to know I don't think Alexa's profile is wrong because:

She is an ex-team rocket trained assassin. A pokemorph. A dragon trainer, the most devoted worshipper of Rayquaza, a Gym Leader, or having telepathic or empathic link with her Pokemon...

Either way, period. I really did like Alexa coming back here. Perhaps just leaving without a word is abit... Unacceptable. But give her a second chance, because she has done so much for the guild... I really wish she would come back...

-Meanwhile I will try not to bring trouble to the Neth, Golem, Shippo, Chaud, seeing I always do. Good luck in sorting everything out.

~With Lotsa Love. heart  

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Toli Bera

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:16 am
All this talk of new rules and the like is kinda, dare i say it, meaningless without a sense of closure I mean I know what's going on has yet to run it's course fully anmd we're trying to resolve it still but I just think it's a bit pre-mature. I still believe that leaving things alone for a few days is the best choice really. it gives people tinme to reassess their decisions and change them if they so see fit. mayhaps returning to the guild or not. I probably won't stop loafing around here because of what has happened Mostly because I never knew it was happening until well after neth did and things began to go pub. I mean i didn't even notice she wasn't posting. (Toli is dense.) I just asumed she was busy with life around the same time I was busy with life, and I know it's not much if damn near meaningless to say this because of a lack of involvement but:

I am sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:58 am
Having pieced everything together last night, reading everything everyone said, taking no sides and thinking things out thoroughly, I feel that Alexa did not leave really because of her character being criticized. She left because she felt that all the mods in question were "ganging up" on her with a letter Jishin that represented at least four of them.

I feel really bad for the demoted mods because I've seen how bad they feel about Alexa leaving and you can tell they didn't mean for that to happen in the slightest.

On the other hand, I also feel really bad for Alexa. When one close friend comes to you to talk about something they find wrong, it's an "Oh! Well, let me explain this out so you'll see my point of view." situation. When several friends are asking you to talk about something is feels like an intervention.

Naturally, none of the mods meant for Alexa to feel this way. They love her as dearly as everyone else (though they might see her as being overly-sensitive in this case), but they wouldn't ever wish for her to leave like this.

No one is really at fault. Everyone stands firmly by their decisions and I'm guessing the discipline is some sort of lesson that mommy Neth and uncle Golem are in charge and want to know what goes on in their house (That came out sounding harsh. Actually, I understand what you did and why you did it, but I hope it's temporary. If it's a permanent mod ban, I will have to say I don't think that's fair, but it's your call, of course).

Moving on to Bo/Seco (Okay... Seco didn't actually stick, but it was my idea for his name and I liked it 3nodding )

I have to say that if he leaves at such a critical time, he will NOT be helping our guild out with this situation. Yes, I know, losing everything and all your posts and items and gold would suck, but you show loyalty to friends over material (or... cyber-material) items. He knows we would quite literally give him the shirts off our backs to help him get back to where he was and we really enjoy him being here and we need him more than ever right now.

Um... I guess that's all I've got in me right now. Wow... that was quite a rant sweatdrop Sorry if anyone got offended by it sad  

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:34 am
Neth and Golem,

I understand and respect your decision, and am glad that you have established guidelines for the mods to deal with these kinds of problems. I am sure that part of the breakdown occurred because there were no models for how this was to be worked out.

Thank you for getting this squared away, and please give my kindest regards to Alexa should she talk with you. I'm certain I won't be hearing from her any time soon. sad

--Jishin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:56 am
Atma311
Moving on to Bo/Seco (Okay... Seco didn't actually stick, but it was my idea for his name and I liked it 3nodding )

I have to say that if he leaves at such a critical time, he will NOT be helping our guild out with this situation. Yes, I know, losing everything and all your posts and items and gold would suck, but you show loyalty to friends over material (or... cyber-material) items. He knows we would quite literally give him the shirts off our backs to help him get back to where he was and we really enjoy him being here and we need him more than ever right now.

The problem with Bo is not that he's leaving us in our hour of need. It's that Gaia has banned all of gis accounts ue to a claim we think is illegetimate, considering events in the past. Until/unless he's restored, we cam really do jack all about it.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:18 pm
Nethilia
The problem with Bo is not that he's leaving us in our hour of need. It's that Gaia has banned all of gis accounts ue to a claim we think is illegetimate, considering events in the past. Until/unless he's restored, we cam really do jack all about it.

He's actually sharing my account with me right now. And in his defense, he himself admitted that he probably wouldn't quit Gaia as a whole. Just the forums and become a guild recluse. Like me.

Proofeses
[Right back what is wrong; we move along.] says:
And even if you quit Gaia, would you still be a part of Project Niobi?

[Plzkthxbai] [ Yay. Sickness. ] says:
If you were, then yes I would be.

And to be honest, I doubt I'd quit Gaia.

More like Quit the forums.

And just become a Guild recluse.

Much like yourself.

xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 pm
Yay! You came back! 4laugh  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Atma311

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Vickicat
Yay! You came back! 4laugh

My thoughts exactly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:03 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Nethilia

He's actually sharing my account with me right now. And in his defense, he himself admitted that he probably wouldn't quit Gaia as a whole. Just the forums and become a guild recluse. Like me.

Proofeses
CONVO.

xd

That would work.

Oh god, I WAS half awake when I typed that. Typos ahoy, maties.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:32 pm
Nethilia
That would work.

Oh god, I WAS half awake when I typed that. Typos ahoy, maties.

It happens to the best of us. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:22 pm
I haven't said anything on this matter because everything of relevance that needed to be said by us plain folks seems to have been said, so I'll just say something that needs to come directly from me.

heart It's good to know you decided to hang around Tippy. heart  

DJ Trouble

Taiyoukai_Okibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:33 pm
Sorry I haven't said anything about this.
Yesterday I wasn't able to access the computer till 9:30 after I returned from tuesday night shooting and I read what happened and just had an emotional breakdown which inturn made me go straight to bed.

But I'm really glad you're back Alexa.

I just really don't handle people leaving well because I barely have any friends to begin with.  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff