Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
GLENN BECK BLIND!> Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beck Going Blind!?
  NO! PLEASE NO!
  YES! VICTORY AT LAST!
  WTF!? WHAT DID I MISS!? BECK! NO!
  O RLY!? SWEET!
  *drools* GOLD! *Chews on sofa*
View Results

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 pm
OH NOES! NO!

If you believe Beck, and you have faith in God, pray to him to spare Beck from the horror of molecular degeneration.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 am
do you kno how long its gonna take before he's completey blind?  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 am
Ruyashie
do you kno how long its gonna take before he's completey blind?

He might or might not go blind. And if he does, no clue when. He started CRYING when he told ppl on stage. Because he wont be afraid to not see his family, but to lose the ability to READ.

And still...pray for him. He really is a good man, who speaks truths.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 am
Lord Izaran
but to lose the ability to READ.

Well, maybe he might use it for once in his life before he loses it.

Don't worry, though, I'm sure everything is okay. It's going to be a lot like Rush Limbaugh going deaf; there'll be some buzz about it, in the end it won't pan out, and a year later he'll have a convenient excuse for prescription drug abuse.  

TammiGirl

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm
I gather you are a Beck-hater. -.-

I may not like it, but you have every right to say it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:09 pm
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

Don't worry, though, I'm sure everything is okay. It's going to be a lot like Rush Limbaugh going deaf; there'll be some buzz about it, in the end it won't pan out, and a year later he'll have a convenient excuse for prescription drug abuse.

THAT is an extremely foul thing to say about a man who preaches hope faith and charity and about americans waking up and pay attention to who they are voting for and what they are about.He also shows what the founding fathers said and where about  

COMANDER COON

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm
@coon:

HERE HERE! I 2nd it!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 am
I dont like any of you any more  

COMANDER COON

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm
COMANDER COON
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

THAT is an extremely foul thing to say about a man who preaches hope faith and charity and about americans waking up and pay attention to who they are voting for and what they are about.He also shows what the founding fathers said and where about

My a**. He's a neo-redbaiter proliferating half-truths to the basest elements of society so he can rally hordes of ignoramuses into stores to buy his books. There's nothing noble or wonderful about what he does. He does this for money. And he gets it from people like you.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:10 am
TammiGirl
COMANDER COON
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

My a**. He's a neo-redbaiter proliferating half-truths to the basest elements of society so he can rally hordes of ignoramuses into stores to buy his books. There's nothing noble or wonderful about what he does. He does this for money. And he gets it from people like you.

I haven't spent a dime on Glenn Beck, but I still believe his message. Because he does speak logic, he does speak common sense.

Tell me...when is it ever appropriate to tax people beyond sustainability. When is spending money we don't have going to work to fix the problem that started with spending?

Do you know why you cannot come up with a clear answer to these questions? Because you cannot in good will have an answer.  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:13 pm
Lord Izaran
TammiGirl
COMANDER COON
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

I haven't spent a dime on Glenn Beck, but I still believe his message. Because he does speak logic, he does speak common sense.

Tell me...when is it ever appropriate to tax people beyond sustainability. When is spending money we don't have going to work to fix the problem that started with spending?

Do you know why you cannot come up with a clear answer to these questions? Because you cannot in good will have an answer.

Before you boast about why someone can't answer the question, you might want to actually give them an opportunity to answer the question. We do not tax beyond sustainability. Actually, we tax far below sustainability. In the Clinton era we taxed at 20% of GDP, and that was from 1993 onwards. The economy of the 1990s was a damn sight better than the 2000s, when Bush cut revenue to 12% of GDP. So, clearly, out tax rate is not even close to unsustainable, despite what Arthur Laffer said on Glenn Beck's show.

As to spending levels, our debt problem (which is what you really mean) comes from three primary problems. First, there is the recession (which started under Bush). That led to a shortfall of revenue and increase of safety net expenditures. Once we return to prosperity, the flow will reverse to more people paying into revenue and fewer expenditures on the safety net system. The second spending issue comes from two major conflicts we elected to fight without enacting war funding measures. Again, blame Bush for refusing to raise taxes or war bonds in a time of conflict. The third is a long term social security shortfall. This shortfall is easily corrected by progressively raising social security taxes. Problem solved. Your false dichotomies, defeated.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 pm
You still don't see the point I am making...

We ARE taxed beyond sustainability. If we where not, people would have more money to place back into the economy.

Not to mention, who here thoroughly enjoys high taxes? There is no such thing as 'below sustainability' in taxes...with one very astute exception. Big government unable to remain big. My goal and so many others...including Glenn Beck...is to reduce the size. If the government is smaller, it costs less to maintain, and taxes can be much lower.

Tell me one firm reason beyond national defense we need big government? And we barely need it for national defense seeing as how just about 45 million+ (Not sure of the numbers) of us are armed.

That will lead me to ask you why do we need higher taxes. You just argued we need to hike taxes.

Progressively hike taxes? What happened, where you blindsided by insanity!? When is taxation like this ever considered just and fair? When is it not considered tyranny and oppression?  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:21 pm
I didn't hear about this. I will admit that I don't go out of my way to listen to Beck, but when I do hear him, I must say that out of most radio hosts, he seems to be the most practical.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 am
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

Man how you gonna say something like that? A man's sick and losing his sight. That's a tragedy.  

BarryKlob

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:43 pm
BarryKlob
TammiGirl
Lord Izaran

Man how you gonna say something like that? A man's sick and losing his sight. That's a tragedy.

yeah that was a d**k move on your side I don't like what Obama thinks but I don't wish ill on him I wish he was impeached but nothing so evil as physical pain of disability  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff