5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am
User Image
User Image

Hey, I think this guild needs more attention. wink

Do you have a favorite classical variation? Maybe it's one you have done or one you have always wanted to do?
Now that we can embed YouTube vids in our posts, show us your favorite variations!

My favorite variation at the moment is Odette's variation from Act II of Swan Lake. I have never done it yet, but I really hope to soon. smile

Of course, Gillian Murphy is my favorite Odette. Her performance is actually one of the major reasons that I started ballet in the first place.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:18 pm
1. Awesome sig pic smile
2. Of course it does, but I rarely get on anymore, and I think I might be the only mod to get on at all. So mostly I just wait until someone else starts something, notice it, then post a response hoping it'll start a conversation of some sorts.
3. My favorite varation.....hmmmm....out of the ones I have done I'd have to say it's a toss up between the Fox variation I did in Snow White and what we call Dew Drop (I think it may be otherwise known as Marzipan?) in Nutcracker. Unfortunately I can't find either online, and I haven't cracked my DVDs yet in order to post me.  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

andreihipop82694

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 am
I love the sleeping beauty fairy variations, especially the lilac fairy's variation. La Esmeralda is nice too. I was watching world ballet competition videos on youtube, and came across an eleven year old dancing the variation. She did triples on pointe!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 pm
hmmm...that's interesting since if I remember correctly in sleeping beauty our soloists were jewels not fairies XP  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

colorfulballet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:51 pm
I like Giselle Act 1 where she is dancing around Albrech, teasing him. It would be amazing to do that one.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games