Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o
WHY HAS NO ONE YET DISCOVERED HOW TO BUILD A ROBOT!?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free MONEY
  GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD
View Results

you_die!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:49 pm
So, we have scientists that have an I.Q. of about 180 to 200, they can design complex codes and rovers for planet exploring and landing, they have created a hydrogen bomb that could wipe out all of Rhode Island and then some, and yet, they have not yet tried to design a fully anamatronic, self balencing, and seme-self sustaining ANDROID!!!
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT! I MEAN THAT THEY COME UP WITH THESE COMPLEX MACHINES THAT CAN TEACH YOU TO DANCE WITH ANOTHER PERSON BECAUSE OF THEIR PROGRAMING, AND YET I HAVE FULL PLANS AND DESIGNES FOR A ROBOTIC ANDROID, AND MY I.Q. IS ONLY 126!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:50 pm
wow. good point.

EDIT-wait, bad point.  

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

Zenofex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:57 pm
.....ever watch I-Robot....that's why

if you build a robot to be that smart, they will think "why should i be programmed by somebody else?" eventually, they will do as they wish/reprogram themselves genius....and then kill off all humans and blow up the world...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:58 pm
It's not that they don't want to...  

demon_lover69

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:59 pm
3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:02 pm
Zenofex
.....ever watch I-Robot....that's why

if you build a robot to be that smart, they will think "why should i be programmed by somebody else?" eventually, they will do as they wish/reprogram themselves genius....and then kill off all humans and blow up the world...

Think of it this way, in I-robot, didn't the main processing unit that UPDATED the robots go berzerk, not the robots themselves? Now I ask you, how can you have a robot that is only capable of function under SPECIFIC VOICE COMMAND harm another human? I have the main laws that need programing into the robot to ensure that this can and never will happen, and in the event that it does, I have a main programing failsafe that will allow compleate and total overide access by the creator and the successors of robots. The basic plan is, build the robot, progam it, have voice command, and if all goes wrong, have an overide that cannot be ignored that can only be activated by the creator of the robots and his desendants or relatives. It is a complex failsafe, but a failsafe, none the less.  

you_die!!!

demon_lover69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:05 pm
Those can there truely be a "failsafe" system?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:08 pm
If you want to know how the failsafe works and what it is, HERE it is.
The failsafe is a main programing flaw, PURPOUSLY put into the main processing unit, or the 'head' of the robot. Now, my voice patter will be the key to unlocking the failsafe and upon mention of another word, will reset and restart the robot in a failsafe mode with all new laws that I have told it during its time of incapacitation. BUT, I also want to be sure that I have compleate control, and in the event that the failsafe fails, if there is any sensor that is set off about a humans chance of survival is droping because of the robot, the robot is to deactivate, or in the event that this fails, fry the main processor and self destruct when no human is present within a mile radius of a GPS heat scaner embedded in its abdominal cavity.  

you_die!!!

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:09 pm
all sounds to smart to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:11 pm
Do you believe in "Ghosts"?  

demon_lover69

you_die!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:17 pm
demon_lover69
Do you believe in "Ghosts"?

If you are asking me, then yes, I do believe in ghosts and I already know what you are going to say.
You are going to say that some ghosts are 'demonic' ghosts, or, a ghost that was never human and resides in hell. These ghosts are all about harming people and sometimes possess people into doing their bidding. Now, a robot is no different from a person, and the ghost could possess the robot and attack humans causing wide spread chaos.

If you read the failsafe, all power in the robot will be drained upon the mention of one word by myself. All I need to do is say 'Armagedon', which I have chosen to be the failsafe word, and the robot will literally die.

Now if you are going to say that the ghost can power the robot, there is a last resort, only to be used in extream conditions, but I didn't want to mention it earlier. Now, in the event that this does happen, I will have a remote, A simple remote with a safety key and a big red button and yellow and black stripes. In the event that this does happen, remove the key, press the button, KABOOM to every robot within a 5 block radius.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:18 pm
Any more critque? I rather like it because it helps me to design more and more failsafes, and you can never be too safe! blaugh  

you_die!!!

blak flame
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:28 pm
have you seen the matrix? or terminater? its probably because we know if we do we'll all die  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:33 pm
blak flame
have you seen the matrix? or terminater? its probably because we know if we do we'll all die

Ummmmmmm... I have a few problems with that.
ONE: The robot has no more complex features than a cell phone that can walk for starters.
TWO: the robots in those movies were programed with, what should I call it, free will OR the ability to chose what they wanted to do, so long as it was in their programing. In the terminater, the robot is programed to go back in time and kill the person who is going to give birth to the savior of the planet, and in the second one, he is PROGRAMED to save the savior of the planet.
THREE: They were SCIENCE FICTION MOVIES MADE IN THE 80'S AND 90'S!!! THEY AREN'T ANYTHING LIKE THE ROBOT THAT I AM DESIGNING. xp (I do not mean to flame, this is just the best way to get my point across, and I'm sorry if you are insulted by it.)  

you_die!!!

you_die!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:34 pm
blak flame

Sorry, forgot too andswer your questions. Yes, I have seen the Matrix and the Terminater. I have even seen the second and third Matrix and the Second, and some of the third Terminater.  
o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff