Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Halo:Reach is here, What do you think of it? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halo:Reach; You looking forward to it?
  Hell Yeah! Bring on the Covenant!
  New Halo; not what I was hoping for, but I'll still play it
  Halo: Reach is a fail ( :< Sad face if you pick this)
View Results

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 am
And I'll be counting down the days, if not hours ( And possible minutes) to Halo:Reach being released. The Beta kicked complete and utter a** with over a thousand YEARS of total game time logged by over two MILLION unique players. And that was for a two week long thing that wasn't even the full, finished, unbuggy game. And it is now a little under two months to release date for what looks to be the biggest game release of the year.... hopefully, all time.

I'm curious as to what people think of this. Are you excited with all the new things, like the hypermassive Forge World, the Space combat in at least the Campaign ( One wonders if space combat will be possible in Multiplayer. So many fans are curious too), the new, much easier-to-use Forge 2.0 tools, or the sheer thrill of finally being able to play with a team of other spartans on a quest to slow a Covenant juggernaut.

In short, is Reach everything you hoped for? Or are there things you are unsatisfied with? and please, no Halo haters here. I agree partially with you MW2 fans, MW2 is a great game, but Halo set the bar, and MW2 just barely upped it....and Halo has vechicles, so Halo still wins. anywho...your thoughts, please!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 am
I got my Xbox around the end of May so I missed the beta. I'm hoping to get the limited edition.  

Super Taco Pocky

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:51 am
I got the space crate. you know...Legendary. anywho, what do you think of all the new stuff? been keeping up with the latest from Bungie and the Comic-con currently happening down in San Dieago ( And why is it always in the US and never Canada? never figure that out)? I already know from watchin footage theres something like a mini-wraith for multiplayer...look on Live f you doubt me. its the Comic-con Reach announcement video on the dashboard of your Xbox- assuming you have Live, of course.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 am
Have you seen the Xbox bundle yet, ******** amazing! I can't wait for the space battles, I hope they break away a bit from the run and gun style of play and a bit of fanciness to the gameplay. Also weapons need serious blanching! The big seller for me will be all the customizations you can get for your armor.

(The reason way Comic-con is in America is because we're awesome!)  

Super Taco Pocky

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:38 pm
Yeah, the armor customization is massive- its not just chest, shoulders, and helmet now-its the entire damn suit you can color any way you wish, as well as different armor permutations. It'll be awesome...and I got legendary preordered... I did it the week preorders came out, so yayz me I definatly get one....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 pm
this game could save halo  

MR HIGH COMMAND

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 am
Well, Reach is Bungies bon voyage game: There will be no more Halo's made by Bungie after Reach. Nothing. So the series is going out on a high note.....a extremly loud, joyous note. Regardless of what people think of Reach, I know it will be good; ten years of experience is hard to beat for quality....just look at Starcraft 2; its been over a decade since the last, and Wings of Libert looks like a awesome game... but not as awesome as Reach  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 am
I love how this is in the Serious Discussion miniforum xd  

Lovely Lolita Love

Gravity Sword

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:56 am
Lovely Lolita Love
I love how this is in the Serious Discussion miniforum xd
Halo is serious business!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 am
And the reason I put this in the serious discussions thread is so that I can get serious, non-stupid comments and thoughts on Halo; Reach... This is a serious topic, for a lot of people, because it is going to be the end of a series people have loved for a decade....I must say, when I played the original Halo:CE, I did not anticpate the sheer amount of fans it would get...  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:00 am
I can't be the only Halo fan here can I? come on, this topic is staying until Reach is released...and probably a good time after, so I'll keep bumping it....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:27 am
First 'Bump'.

anywho....new Covie vechicle revealed...well, mentioned....called the Reveant...looks like a little red wraith with the speed of a Ghost.... anywho, ya'll suck for not continueing to discuss Reach here. Come on, Halo Fans!  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Gravity Sword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:34 pm
The invasion game type looks fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am
'looks'? IS.

Invasion, the Beta map and gametype, was awesome. Simply put, it is the biggest a** map I have ever seen for a Multiplayer map. it was carnage central. funny to watch a Elite Zealot roll into a Spartan, who then stabs him in the head for his idiotcy....

Looking forward to Firefight too. At last, no goddamn buggers!
(Its IMPOSSIBLE in ODST to do the 'Endure' Vidmaster achievment due to the buggers., because one of the modifiers that turns on is one that makes it so to regain health, you need to punch enemies.And buggers land rarely.)

still looking forward to the reveal of the Reveant.... looks interesting. Also, anyone find the fact Spartans ( And most likely, people using Elites) Can drive stuff like a Forklift Funny as hell? I hope they put a achievment in for you killing someone while driving one.....  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm
second bump.

Okay, in case any of you don't know who made Halo, it is by a company called Bungie. Link to their website is below.

Bungie; the Creators of Halo!
and i'm including the link to the Halo:Reach project page below as well.

Halo:Reach

not that long at all until it comes out.... still so many things that are unknown. Still curious as to the space combat thing; will it be just in Campaign, or is there going to be Reach maps were you can chase each other around in space( Or, hell, in atmosphere would be cool as well, so long as its fighter on fighter fights, not Banshee on Falcon or Banshee on Banshee fights). Questions, questions....

Heres some REACH footage....
Campaign footage  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas