Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ziggyboggydoo

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 pm
Hi everyone, I am going to get straight to the point,
I've been a practicing Christian my entire 16 year life span, and as a child i had a incredibly close relationship with Jesus. I would pray for everyone i knew every night and for my deceased loved ones every night and ask him questions like a person would ask a parent, like if Santa was real and stuff. As I have gotten older, God faded into the background of school and friends and the chaos know as teenage emotion. In my family, you go to church unless you are sick. So I still go to church every Sunday, wither i like it or not.But its not the same. I don't FEEL him anymore, his hand no longer writing words on my heart of hearts when i call. My youth group just went on a mission trip to a little town in alaska, and as i left my counselor person asked if this experience changed my life. That took me for a spin. Had it? Did God alter my life?

I know I'm rambling, but this mess has a point.
God wont leave church, act in my life outside sunday morning sermons, and i miss him terribly
I am sad that it took me this long to open my eyes the the issue and even longer to do anything about it

This is were you, patient reader, answer my call for help. How do i get Jesus back? I need him in my life, and not just on sunday mornings and more of him

Any ideas?

(oh even if you don't have any, please comment so that i know that someone is listening, that would be lovely)

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 pm
Do things that please God. Pray about it, even if you don't feel anything God hears all of our prayers. Read the bible.  

Lucky-Emi

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Just as a quick note, these sorts of things go into the advice subforum, okay? Don't worry, I'll move this for you. heart

Now then...

What you are going through is very common for all Christians to experience, possibly multiple times in their lives. It was termed "Dark Night of the Soul" by some medieval theologians.

In a Dark Night of the Soul, you do not feel connected to God. His Word has lots its magic and power in your life. It does not stir your soul the way it used to. You feel like you might be falling away from your faith in Christ.

A Dark Night of the Soul is a major cause for many people leaving Christianity. They feel detached and like they've lost a connection to God. Satan uses this. He twists things in their heads, tells them lies more and more often. And eventually they just up and leave.

Don't let this happen. Dark Nights of the Soul are tests of faith, allowed by God and caused by Satan, similar to what Job went through. In the end they bring you closer to God, and you will grow from this.

How do you get through one of these? Well, it's not easy. I've been there, and I'm speaking from experience.

I hate to say it, but all you can do is push through it. Its like a deep fog that you just have to keep moving through. You might hit your foot on a stone and fall, or you might stumble around a little bit. But Jesus is with you. Keep holding onto His hand and He will lead you through this black fog.

Pray, faithfully. Every night at the very least. Put prayer into practice. It is more than talking with God, it is a spiritual discipline. Pray before you do anything. Pray before you make food for yourself. Pray before you eat. Pray before you exercise. Pray while you're exercising. Pray. Pray. Pray. And keep doing it, even if you feel like there's only silence. God is listening and He can hear your prayers.

Consider fasting. Read the Bible. Read it all the time. Read it aloud. Put on some praise and worship music and just dance like crazy! Sing out loud, as loud as you can. If you need to, do it in your room and close the door.

Sit and just have conversations with God. Talk to Him about anything you want to. Anything at all.

And remember, everyone goes through this. People in the Bible went through it too. David is a prime example. Read some of his psalms. Things are looking pretty bleak for him. But you'll notice that, in the end, he still gives glory to God. He held on. And God got him through all those messes and battles and troubles. He will do the same for you, because God is a God of love and He is constant.

*Huggles*

You will be all right, sister. Stay the course, and hold on to Jesus. When the fog clears, you will see His glory even more than before, and you will have grown even closer to Him.

I will pray for you. And I love you. And so does Jesus. And He knows your heart and knows your prayers. He hears them. And He will answer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Angel of Redemption introduced me to this song. Perhaps it will help you. heart

Stay Strong

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Ziggyboggydoo

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Just as a quick note, these sorts of things go into the advice subforum, okay? Don't worry, I'll move this for you. heart

Now then...

What you are going through is very common for all Christians to experience, possibly multiple times in their lives. It was termed "Dark Night of the Soul" by some medieval theologians.

In a Dark Night of the Soul, you do not feel connected to God. His Word has lots its magic and power in your life. It does not stir your soul the way it used to. You feel like you might be falling away from your faith in Christ.

A Dark Night of the Soul is a major cause for many people leaving Christianity. They feel detached and like they've lost a connection to God. Satan uses this. He twists things in their heads, tells them lies more and more often. And eventually they just up and leave.

Don't let this happen. Dark Nights of the Soul are tests of faith, allowed by God and caused by Satan, similar to what Job went through. In the end they bring you closer to God, and you will grow from this.

How do you get through one of these? Well, it's not easy. I've been there, and I'm speaking from experience.

I hate to say it, but all you can do is push through it. Its like a deep fog that you just have to keep moving through. You might hit your foot on a stone and fall, or you might stumble around a little bit. But Jesus is with you. Keep holding onto His hand and He will lead you through this black fog.

Pray, faithfully. Every night at the very least. Put prayer into practice. It is more than talking with God, it is a spiritual discipline. Pray before you do anything. Pray before you make food for yourself. Pray before you eat. Pray before you exercise. Pray while you're exercising. Pray. Pray. Pray. And keep doing it, even if you feel like there's only silence. God is listening and He can hear your prayers.

Consider fasting. Read the Bible. Read it all the time. Read it aloud. Put on some praise and worship music and just dance like crazy! Sing out loud, as loud as you can. If you need to, do it in your room and close the door.

Sit and just have conversations with God. Talk to Him about anything you want to. Anything at all.

And remember, everyone goes through this. People in the Bible went through it too. David is a prime example. Read some of his psalms. Things are looking pretty bleak for him. But you'll notice that, in the end, he still gives glory to God. He held on. And God got him through all those messes and battles and troubles. He will do the same for you, because God is a God of love and He is constant.

*Huggles*

You will be all right, sister. Stay the course, and hold on to Jesus. When the fog clears, you will see His glory even more than before, and you will have grown even closer to Him.

I will pray for you. And I love you. And so does Jesus. And He knows your heart and knows your prayers. He hears them. And He will answer.

Thank you, that was very uplifting  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:27 pm
There's a book by pastor John Piper called "When I don't desire God." It helped me a lot, and I hope it can also help you. smile  

Tyclift

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:58 pm
Maybe you miss Him because even if you have been a Christian 16 years of your life, you still haven't found Him. It may sound like if I'm saying something cruel or cold, but think about it. He's always with us, He protects us, feeds us with joy and happiness. As long as your heart loves Him with everything, and your mind, and your soul, you'll never miss Him, because He'll always be there. You'll know it by heart. ^_^  
ADVICE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games