Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read the comics?
  Read them all!
  Reading in progress
  Read one/a few, but stopped
  Not read them yet, but plan to
  Not gonna read them for some bizzare reason
  Not heard of them until now, so I shall perchase all of them immediatley!
View Results

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 pm
With a movie based on the comic books coming our very soon, many of us have noticed the existence of the books like I have. They are awesome, yes? Discuss the awesome comics and the upcoming movie and game here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:02 pm
Just found out that music from Zelda is gonna be in the movie. Apparently in a dream sequence. My guess is Zelda's Lullaby when Scott first sees Ramona in his dream in volume 1.  

Super Cheesio

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 pm
Anywhere I can read it online?
Going to see movie, but would like to read the source.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm
Rad Electropow
Anywhere I can read it online?
Going to see movie, but would like to read the source.
Hmm, lemme see... Ah, here we go... http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Pilgrim-Vol-Pilgrims-Precious/dp/1932664084/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280780598&sr=8-1 Whoops, clicked the wrong link and copied and pasted the link onto here! Silly me! Well, that will have to do then.  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 pm
Rad you should support them because they are awesome. >_>

That said, Jasmine lent all the books to me, and I just finished Finest Hour last night. Color me PUMPED to see this movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 pm
Fun fact: Brian Lee O'Malley was cynical about a Scott Pilgrim movie and didn't really want it to happen, but he needed the money...  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm
How is that a "fun" fact?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm
Super Cheesio
Fun fact: Brian Lee O'Malley was cynical about a Scott Pilgrim movie and didn't really want it to happen, but he needed the money...
I would be too. xd I was when I heard Michael Cera was playing Scott, but watching the trailers, he does a great job. They casted all of the characters really well, I think (other than Young Neil) and they're all instantly recognizable.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:04 pm
I'm a little skittish, because the ending will be different from Volume 6 (filming started before the ending for the comic had been decided.)

That said, the ending to the books, while satisfying, left me wanting more. So, I dunno.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:06 pm
Allegro
I'm a little skittish, because the ending will be different from Volume 6 (filming started before the ending for the comic had been decided.)

That said, the ending to the books, while satisfying, left me wanting more. So, I dunno.
I think it leaves us wanting more because it was just a really good series. It was enjoyable to read from start to finish and for it to just be over is a little sad.

I do wonder how the ending will be different.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:07 pm
I should try and find some money for those. I kinda want to read them now, but I hadn't known about them before I heard about the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:08 pm
Meta_Fish
Allegro

I think it leaves us wanting more because it was just a really good series. It was enjoyable to read from start to finish and for it to just be over is a little sad.

I do wonder how the ending will be different.
I just think the hazy ultimate fate of Scott and Ramona was a little too ambiguous for my tastes, considered how nicely everything else was wrapped up. It wasn't bad, I think I would have liked it presented a little differently.

Also, reading up, there is no guarantee that ANY material from volume six will be in the movie.  

Allegro

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 pm
Orphie
I should try and find some money for those. I kinda want to read them now, but I hadn't known about them before I heard about the movie.
It is expensive to get them all but I do recommend it. It's a great series.

Allegro
I just think the hazy ultimate fate of Scott and Ramona was a little too ambiguous for my tastes, considered how nicely everything else was wrapped up. It wasn't bad, I think I would have liked it presented a little differently.

Also, reading up, there is no guarantee that ANY material from volume six will be in the movie.
Well yeah, I agree with that, but I think it wrapped it up nicely enough. And that's a little strange, but I guess it's pretty cool. I like when they make changes sometimes, and sometimes they're for the better. Maybe the ending in the movie will be even better! I can see the cryogenic ex girlfriends thing not being there.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:13 pm
I'm probably going to just watch the movie since seven dollars for a movie ticket is a lot less than 60+ for all the books.  

Waynebrizzle

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 pm
Thanks Cheesio.

@Fish: Being awesome myself, of course I'd support them.
Once I get some cash to support them with.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff