Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:16 pm
Quote:
"For this title in particular, the team is confident that this is a game everybody can really enjoy," Iizuka told VideoGamer.com. "That's why we've offered a lot of hands-on for E3, and on this occasion as well. It's something that the team is really confident from the gameplay side. It's something that, this time, the team thinks they've nailed it - it's definitely not going through the Sonic cycle!"

Link

Quote:
SPOnG: Do you think that every Sonic game is all about the speed element, or does it depend on the kind of Sonic game you're making – that the speed element is good for games like Colours while Mega Drive-style platforming is best kept to titles like Sonic 4?

Takashi Iizuka: Although speed is an important element as I said, this alone doesn't define a Sonic game. It's also about the technical side, in the platforming areas. A good Sonic game offers a tempo of speed and technical gameplay, allowing the player to experience a change in pact. And that's true for all the Sonic games in the series.

Linky

Holy wow. It sounds like for once Sega is realizing that what they've been trying for over five years isn't working, and figuring out what made what they did before (and on the GBA) is what does work. COLOR ME EXCITED yes I will make that joke in every Colors thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 am
If there's no U in the title I'm not buying it.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 am
Bass Beatdown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 am
You're both dumb.

It's Colors in Japan and NA.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am
I put Colours on a paper in my Econ class and my teacher said I spelled it wrong. So I stick with Colors.

But I like how Iizuka said that this game isn't going through the "Sonic Cycle" and he acknowledged that. I haven't seen anything that makes me go, "s**t there goes the hope for this game."

But also I liked Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders. >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 pm
Super Cheesio
Bass Beatdown

Since neither of you live in NA, there will be a U. SO GET IT. Unless it gets crappy reviews, I guess. But so far, it looks great.

They have to add Knucklessss.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 pm
Bloomtail
Super Cheesio
Bass Beatdown

Since neither of you live in NA, there will be a U. SO GET IT. Unless it gets crappy reviews, I guess. But so far, it looks great.

Relax, I buy pretty much every Sonic game, and this one looks seemingly perfect... I even bought Sonic and the Black Knight!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm
Super Cheesio
Bloomtail
Super Cheesio
Bass Beatdown

Relax, I buy pretty much every Sonic game, and this one looks seemingly perfect... I even bought Sonic and the Black Knight!

surprised

Not worried anymore.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:26 pm
Looks like the first Sonic game to not have bullshit gimmicks since... Sonic Adventure 2.

Wow, it's been a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 pm
Waynebrizzle
Looks like the first Sonic game to not have bullshit gimmicks since... Sonic Adventure 2.

Wow, it's been a while.
Uhh, not quite... But I'd rather not think about it...  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:38 pm
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle

Wow, it's been a while.

Oh yeah there was that one on the 360 and PS3.

I think everyone just likes to pretend that game didn't exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm
Its gimmick is powerups. Why they didn't try this in any earlier Sonic game is beyond me. Honestly, how did they not think of it?

The shields in Sonic 3 gave you little abilities that were semi-useful, but it took them what, fifteen years to give Sonic powerups? It's a great idea. But then again, giving him a sword was a great idea too, in theory (fastest thing alive + blade = awesome) yet apparently it sucked in execution.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:29 pm
Meta_Fish
Its gimmick is powerups. Why they didn't try this in any earlier Sonic game is beyond me. Honestly, how did they not think of it?

The shields in Sonic 3 gave you little abilities that were semi-useful, but it took them what, fifteen years to give Sonic powerups? It's a great idea. But then again, giving him a sword was a great idea too, in theory (fastest thing alive + blade = awesome) yet apparently it sucked in execution.
Eh, to be honest Sonic with a sword was never really gonna work, especially considering the team making the game and their previous works. Only a select few special video game companies could pull off such a thing, not Sonic Team/SEGA. And the great thing about the Sonic Colours gimmick is that you can just completely bypass it. If only that were the case in Sonic unleashed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:32 pm
Waynebrizzle
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle

Wow, it's been a while.

Oh yeah there was that one on the 360 and PS3.

I think everyone just likes to pretend that game didn't exist.
My friend has it. I played it. By the end I was begging him to let me stop playing. And bare in mind that I enjoy the vast majority of Sonic games, even if I know deep down that they're not very good.  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:05 pm
Meta_Fish

I don't know if powerups can be considered gimmicks, seeing as they're a tried and true element of platformers at this point.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff