Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Sims 2 or Sims 3?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TS2 or TS3
  TS2
  TS3
View Results

xioxele

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:40 am
I have Sims 2 Apartment Life, Pets, Univ, Open For Business, Glam Life, Mansion n' Garden, Family Fun, Ikea Stuff, Teen Style, AND Sims 3, Ambitions, and High End Loft on my Mac and I must say I do like Sims 2 better because of all the stuff packs and expansions. But the CAS in Sims 3 is simply amazing. Which do you guys like?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 pm
For creating, Sims 3 seems better by far. I love building houses in TS3 because I can customize everything so well. I'm not stuck to x furniture in limited colors, so if I like the style but it doesn't match my house, I can just change it. I can't do that with TS2, and I either have to color it myself (which I would be terrible at) or search and hope I can find a color I like, then download it.

However, I love playing TS2 a lot more than I like playing TS3. When I played TS3, it felt too much like a game than a sandbox. I play because I love the sandbox, and I like to make my own stories like I do with houses. I haven't played TS3 in awhile and I can't afford to buy EPs at the moment, but it wasn't as much fun when I played.  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Rona055

Lonely Phantom

29,615 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:46 pm
I tried the Sims 3 and went right back to the Sims 2. I just like it better I can play the way I want. Right now I'm working on Goopy Island with my cousins and I've been through 3 generations so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:32 am
I agree with the above statements, while Sims3 has better looks and customization Sims2 is just a lot more fun and has more of a feel of "freedom" I guess...which is ironic, because that's what Sims3 was supposed to do (which it does, to an extent)

I also HATE the custom content set-up for Sims3, it was sooo much simpler and better organized in Sims2. While the graphics in Sims3 are a lot better, the sims themselves are hideous and again, don't leave room for custom content for better customization (which is what I loved most about Sims2)

The perfect game would be if they just up-ed the graphics a bit for Sims 2, adding the ability to change the colors and patterns of things, but kept the models the same... And add the open world concept that was in Sims3.  

Skyelen

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items