Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 am
So, what is a girl to do when they see things like what is going on at the Gulf Coast, and want to do something about it? Or the trashy jerks who hurt animals because they think it's funny? For those of us to young to get a job and donate, what else can we do? You could say 'lemonade stand' or the like, but I live on a little street where there's no business. And at 14, I can't exactly skip school to take an Arctic expedition to stop seal clubbers and whalers, no one would let me come, either.

I'm a frequent visitor of freerice.com, but let's face it, baby seals and such don't harm a thing, and they're the ones getting murdered by people, so I feel obligated to do something for them instead, the blameless little animals! I've seen the Greenpeace videos, I know about The Cove, and seen with my own eyes young children (around 8 and 6 years old) abusing innocent animals (feel free to ask for elaboration on any of these, but I warn you, it's pretty sickening and not for the feint at heart, i cried at all of them!). Does anyone know of a way to help? It's awful wanting to help and feeling to insignificant to do a thing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 am
Carolina says...
thats happening in the Galveston coast right, yeah, im too young to get a job too, im 13, so what i would do, since i live near the coast, (actually me and my friends are thinking about doing this), get a petition and get as much siggys to clean it up, but u gotta understand the reason why thy're not cleaning it till sept. i think, its probably cause the dont have the money to clean it.

and lemme just say if u do think ur gonna go the petition u might need a lawyer and a crew of ppl to help cause that spill is huge and one person cannot clean it up User Image  

iKawaiiKyle

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

miss reku

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:30 pm
Honestly, there isn't a lot. Not at our age. I'm 15, live on a farm, and have tons of animals. I absolutely love them, and wouldn't think of hurting them. The things that happen to poor, innocent animals every single day is completely horrifying.

I think the best thing you could do is set an example. Treat all the animals around you with respecy (as I'm sure you already do), and educate other people around you about it. Tell them about these things. Make your agrument. If you want to go farther, don't by animal tested products (They're still out there), and encourage your friends to do the same. You should be able to find if they're tested on animals somehwere on the label in small print.

And then, once you get old enough, and if you feel the same way, you can travel the world helping animals. Save up now for a trip to South Africa, or just for a trip in general. Get your friends invovled, too!

Hope this helps! -Alex  
The Advice Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff